Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When will you guys start seeing Ten Haag as an issue? I just don't get how protected he is amongst the United supporters base. Why? What's he done to warrant a free pass at the club?

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When will you guys start seeing Ten Haag as an issue? I just don't get how protected he is amongst the United supporters base. Why? What's he done to warrant a free pass at the club?
tbf wasnt arteta in a similar situation with us few years ago?
I just dont think sacking the manager is the answer this season

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We United fans see the issues at the club, and that they are far deeper than what any manager can change. No matter if its Ten Hag or Jurgen Klopp, you put them in this mess of a situation, and they will struggle. The causal take that we dont have a style of play is factually incorrect, you dont finish 3rd in the premier league by accident.

Sorry Tassie but if Liverpool had 5 of their first 7 defenders out injured for essentially the first 8 games of the season, as well as their two midfield signings and their striker for the first 5-6 games, you would be defending Klopp too. As you rightly did last season and 2021.

We have only had Holjund for 3 1/2 games now, Mount has been back for 1 1/2 games and Amrabat for 2 games. And then youve got our defensive issues.

Who knows if potentially a few of those players were available, maybe that last second loss to Arsenal becomes a win, we probably dont concede 4 and loss 4-3 to Bayern, and we definitely dont loss todays match if we had a fit left back. Or the 5 disallowed goals weve had this season, its a game of inches, 1 or 2 of those go in and suddenly our win/loss ratio changes dramatically.

And I still havent mentioned losing both Antony and Sancho at the same time.

Every other manager in the football gets a pass for that. Especially considering we had a good season last year.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. I dont want to end up on the manager merry-go-round, new manager every season.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Didn't say sacking him was the answer but I just don't get why more United fans aren't questioning Ten Haag more?

I'd also say that Arteta always had a specific style of play he was looking to create and build which was evident from the outset. Can you say the same about Ten Haag?

How many of these players are Ten Haag signings? Players who've played under him before? But people blame the Glazers for not backing him?

He's had a free pass at United and I'm really baffled as to why.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We United fans see the issues at the club, and that they are far deeper than what any manager can change. No matter if its Ten Hag or Jurgen Klopp, you put them in this mess of a situation, and they will struggle. The causal take that we dont have a style of play is factually incorrect, you dont finish 3rd in the premier league by accident.

Sorry Tassie but if Liverpool had 5 of their first 7 defenders out injured for essentially the first 8 games of the season, as well as their two midfield signings and their striker for the first 5-6 games, you would be defending Klopp too. As you rightly did last season and 2021.

We have only had Holjund for 3 1/2 games now, Mount has been back for 1 1/2 games and Amrabat for 2 games. And then youve got our defensive issues.

Who knows if potentially a few of those players were available, maybe that last second loss to Arsenal becomes a win, we probably dont concede 4 and loss 4-3 to Bayern, and we definitely dont loss todays match if we had a fit left back. Or the 5 disallowed goals weve had this season, its a game of inches, 1 or 2 of those go in and suddenly our win/loss ratio changes dramatically.

And I still havent mentioned losing both Antony and Sancho at the same time.

Every other manager in the football gets a pass for that. Especially considering we had a good season last year.
Come on man.

People defended Klopp because he has shown he was a good manager. What has Ten Haag done?

Losing both Anthony and Sancho at the same time. You talk about it like they had unfortunate injuries. Both were through terrible mishandling by the club and manager. It's hardly an excuse!

You're a smart man who knows his footy but you've really got to take your Man U coloured glasses off now and again. Game of inches. Yeah. Again. The games that you got results in you were lucky through the refs supporting you.

Last season was good? Nah. You overachieved and looked good because the rest was shit. You got 7 goals put past you by a shit Liverpool side. 6 by City.

What is your style? How are we seeing it this season? Injuries or not, you'll still see it. Oh counter attack at Old Trafford. Yeah. I forgot.

Too many excuses mate. Not saying you won't improve, hard not to, but you're again looking at having to spend a shitload mode. GK is dreadful. Another CB at least. LB. RB. CM. Winger. Another striker.

You're no closer than you were 5 years ago but the excuses are the same. I don't get it?

I mean. All of you ranted on about Onana and how good he was previously, but never took the time to see the mistakes he's making at United are the same mistakes he was making previously. He's always had these brainfarts in him. But the United supporter delusion continues.

I'm honestly waiting for you to turn it around as I've always thought you would, but with each game comes another step back.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I give him till just after Chrissy ... deadman walking if they continue to lose games
thing is though there's no one better to replace him.... no top manager would want to go to United anyway

Last edited:

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
back to the good old days with Evans and Maguire both starting in defence.

is varane injured again?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
back to the good old days with Evans and Maguire both starting in defence.

is varane injured again?
Varane injured. Lindelof picked up a lower back injury during the match too.

Only fit defenders left are Dalot, Maguire and Evans.

Injured defenders list: Martinez, Varane, Shaw, AWB, Malacia, Reguilon, Lindelof.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Turned it off after 90 mins thinking these twats couldn't score in a brothel. Get a notification at FT 2-1 LOL

We are still shit

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Varane injured. Lindelof picked up a lower back injury during the match too.

Only fit defenders left are Dalot, Maguire and Evans.

Injured defenders list: Martinez, Varane, Shaw, AWB, Malacia, Reguilon, Lindelof.
The excuses continue

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Turned it off after 90 mins thinking these twats couldn't score in a brothel. Get a notification at FT 2-1 LOL

We are still shit
Yeah. You were pretty shit in all honesty and not a heap to celebrate but a win is a win mate. Maybe it could spark you boys?

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah. You were pretty shit in all honesty and not a heap to celebrate but a win is a win mate. Maybe it could spark you boys?
they got Sheffield, city and Luton as next 3 games in the league, should get 6 points out of those 3 games minimum

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
they got Sheffield, city and Luton as next 3 games in the league, should get 6 points out of those 3 games minimum
I mean ... At Old Trafford you'd expect them to pump Brentford. They scraped a win in extra time.

Fuck knows what's going on at United but it isn't good no matter how much people try to pin it on injuries etc.

Best midfield was playing. As was front three. Sancho and Antony are both shit.

Not good enough but maybe this win Kickstarts them?