Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That wasn’t being said on here last season when you had a few boys out. I recall Liverpool being mid table for a big chunk of that season actually.

Cant wait to see why we can do when we have half our boys back.
You walked into that one mate haha

Honestly mate, if you can't see the problem in the team away from the owner then ok. Personally I'd be very worried

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You walked into that one mate haha

Honestly mate, if you can't see the problem in the team away from the owner then ok. Personally I'd be very worried
You got me there ahahahaha

for me the problems in order are:

1. Glazers
2. Players
3. Ten Hag

We’ve spoken about the Glazers to death but the players I’ve seen fail under Louis Van Gaal and Jose Mourinho, two of the most reputable and successful coaches of all time, and I’ve seen them also fail under Ole and whilst they had a decent season last year, they’ve started slow this year under Ten Hag.

I’ve seen Ten Hag win both domestically and in Europe with Ajax, I’ve not seen Rashford or any other long standing player at the club win anything besides a cup. I’ve seen Ten Hag impose a style of play at Ajax, but I’ve also seen half these players fail under tactically great managers over and over again.

If Ten Hag goes, maybe we get in someone like Luis Enrique, or maybe even a De Zerbi, but then what? Do we think they’ll make a success out of Martial, McTominay, Dalot, Lindelof, Reguilion? Because those were the players that played just two days ago

Show me one other manager that’s had to deal with two sexual assault scandal, the Ronaldo issue, the Sancho issue and the Maguire issue in the space or 14 months, and add the spectacle of the Glazer putting the club up for sale and then taking it off the market.

The noise around the club is insane, then you add that 40% of the squad is injured, and yet United fans are meant to turn on Ten Hag?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You got me there ahahahaha

for me the problems in order are:

1. Glazers
2. Players
3. Ten Hag

We’ve spoken about the Glazers to death but the players I’ve seen fail under Louis Van Gaal and Jose Mourinho, two of the most reputable and successful coaches of all time, and I’ve seen them also fail under Ole and whilst they had a decent season last year, they’ve started slow this year under Ten Hag.

I’ve seen Ten Hag win both domestically and in Europe with Ajax, I’ve not seen Rashford or any other long standing player at the club win anything besides a cup. I’ve seen Ten Hag impose a style of play at Ajax, but I’ve also seen half these players fail under tactically great managers over and over again.

If Ten Hag goes, maybe we get in someone like Luis Enrique, or maybe even a De Zerbi, but then what? Do we think they’ll make a success out of Martial, McTominay, Dalot, Lindelof, Reguilion? Because those were the players that played just two days ago

Show me one other manager that’s had to deal with two sexual assault scandal, the Ronaldo issue, the Sancho issue and the Maguire issue in the space or 14 months, and add the spectacle of the Glazer putting the club up for sale and then taking it off the market.

The noise around the club is insane, then you add that 40% of the squad is injured, and yet United fans are meant to turn on Ten Hag?
When we had injuries it was constantly pointed out on here that this is part of football and the managers approach to training / games was to blame.

Should United be spared from the same judgement?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I read that Brighton fielded a team worth 17 million in transfer fees and United was well over 300 million.. That's a crazy disparity and highlights just how well Brighton and De Zerbi have done.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I read that Brighton fielded a team worth 17 million in transfer fees and United was well over 300 million.. That's a crazy disparity and highlights just how well Brighton and De Zerbi have done.
Brighton is the best run club in the league, they found a style, and hired the managers to fit the way the club wanted to play. There was no drop off between Potter to De Zerbi because they have such a similar profile with high line, possession and one touch movement.

On the other hand at United we went from Moyes to Van Gaal to Mourinho to Ole to ETH. So we went from counter attack, to possession, to stagnant counter press, to counter attack, to possession and fluid movement.

And to make it worse we have players signed under each manager still in the squad, so players signed for different roles and systems. It’s why our squad is so disjointed.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When he broke through into the first team, his off ball pressure was so good and now he has turned into the most passive player on defence in the team.

We literally don’t have anyone else to play in that position with both Antony and Sancho out, but otherwise I would’ve liked to see if dropping him to the bench for a game would’ve given him a kick up the ass.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bayern haven’t lost a group stage game in 6 years…. 34 games unbeaten in groups. Longest streak in UCL history.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Ralf copped a lot of flack when he came in as interim but tbh the majority of his assertions regarding the team have been spot on. We actually do need open heart surgery. We are seriously in crisis and it's just not the owners.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Much better side for the first 29 minutes, conceded 2 in 3 minutes and there goes the game. How does it happen so much.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It’s like these players forget the basics, you can see the shape we’re trying to play in the first part of the match, you see movement and then the players just stop, they stop running, stop passing and make silly errors.