Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mount was a bit of a headscratcher to say the least considering what we already have and what we needed .... going to have to trust the coach on that one.

Onana likes to play out from the back .... my concern is, can our back four handle it ...not really a strength of Varane and definitely not Wan Bissaka.

Hoiland looks very promising although as i alluded to earlier will be hard pressed to hit the ground running and we have little in the way of backup. Martial cannot be relied upon to stay fit.

I am pro Ten Hag for now ... we still have a very unbalanced squad which i cast the majority of the blame on our dysfunctional board for.

We spend money but get taken to the cleaners in transfers. We fuck around are indecisive and lack planning.

Antony was a prime example .... we could have signed him for almost half his contract if we had moved earlier in the window last season.

Our front office lags well behind the other big clubs and is what holds United back in my opinion.
I honestly don't think the players you've recently bought are that bad tbh.

Antony. Sancho. Casemiro. Varane. Onana. Mount. Hoiland.

All very good players at their respective clubs before coming to you and all big money signings.

Are they the first choices? Right fits?

At the end of the day it's up to the manager to ensure they are, and he's not.

Still think you've got plenty of time as it's only 2 games in, just don't get the complete focus on United fans being on the owners when they've backed the manager to the hilt.

Ten Haag needs to step up. I personally haven't seen enough of him to suggest that him will. In fact, I predict he won't see our the season

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's only a trial tho and a meaningless game.

Bit too much carry on about United after only a few games. Let's see where they're at after 10.

That being said, I still don't think Ten Haag sees out the year
I know lol still a good laugh though

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
now Luke shaw is injured....
season has barely started and united are falling apart already

trent_solotar7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shaw looked lazy and slow to start the season, happy to give Fernandez a go against small teams like forrest but for bigger games dalot should start at LB

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The shit storm after one loss is crazy.

We're a club who are trying to undo the damage of the past decade post Sir Alex, both on and off the pitch. After being the ONLY premier league club to NOT have a director of football, we finally brought in Murtough only 12 months ago. Before that we had an accountant (literally) in Woodward making all our footballing decisions. We had 4 coaches come in post Sir Alex and all 4 had a different style of play they wanted to play, so each time we wasted money on a different set of players and by the time Ten Hag took over he had a disjointed squad, without a recognised style of play. And we have all seen the shocking attitude that has spread amongst the squad.

But over the past 12 months, we've gotten rid of Ronaldo, Pogba, Cavani and De Gea, who are players who have defined this generation of football, and then youve had the likes of Mata, Matic, Fred and Lingard, who were reported to be big personalities in the dressing room and also have left. The change in the dressing room dynamics has been massive, and we've signed Casemiro, Eriksen, Martinez and Onana who are all known for being extremely competitive and have that bite that we have sorely lacked.

ETH has come in and had to deal with a lot, but he knew that was part of the job and he has handled it really well so far, post people didnt expect us to be in top 4 last season and we ended up in 3rd and into two cup finals. Now thats not where we want to be, we are Manchester United, but with everything that was happening last season around the club, that should be seen as an achievement.

This season we've made 3 signings that signal a major shift in play style, and I think most people expected us to have a teething process whilst players tried to adapt. But its been 2 games, 1 win, 1 loss, lets give it a few months and see where we are. But at the moment the club has taken a step forward off the back of a major shift in direction over the past year.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shaw looked lazy and slow to start the season, happy to give Fernandez a go against small teams like forrest but for bigger games dalot should start at LB
Fernandez is a gun, I was backing him to beat out Malacia for the backup role before all the injuries. He was one of the best left backs in the Championship last season and we had offers of 15m coming in from the likes of Burnley during the transfer window. He isnt the quickest player but his always one step ahead of his opposition player.