Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
West Ham have bid 30 million for Maguire and 30 million for McTominay.

McTominay is a decent premier league player, has an unreal engine and actually gets a few goals every season because he has good movement near and inside the opposition box.

Maguire might surprise a few people, if is pretty decent in a team that sits back, he was very good for us in his first season here for that reason, but as soon as he needs to play a high line that’s when he becomes atrocious. So I can see him suiting that West Ham side.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
West Ham have bid 30 million for Maguire and 30 million for McTominay.

McTominay is a decent premier league player, has an unreal engine and actually gets a few goals every season because he has good movement near and inside the opposition box.

Maguire might surprise a few people, if is pretty decent in a team that sits back, he was very good for us in his first season here for that reason, but as soon as he needs to play a high line that’s when he becomes atrocious. So I can see him suiting that West Ham side.
I dont understand why use wouldn't accept those bids.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good deal for all parties involved.

Really hoping the rumours of us chasing Todibo are true. He is super quick and such a silky smooth defender and it looks like he might be getable for around 30m. At only 23 he can be backup for Varane and Martinez until Varane starts to drop off.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Really hoping the rumours of us chasing Todibo are true. He is super quick and such a silky smooth defender and it looks like he might be getable for around 30m. At only 23 he can be backup for Varane and Martinez until Varane starts to drop off.
todibo and amarabt from fiorentina would make it a solid transfer window, still think use need 1 more attacker though

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Selling JWP for less than the asking price lol get fucked *****

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Selling JWP for less than the asking price lol get fucked *****
we ended up getting raya cheap as well considering they wanted 40 mil from bayern and spurs earlier in the window hahaha

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

It's not a good deal for West Ham. They were close enough to relegation last year. They're wasting a third of the Rice money on a player that might get them relegated with his howlers

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's not a good deal for West Ham. They were close enough to relegation last year. They're wasting a third of the Rice money on a player that might get them relegated with his howlers
Maguire has always been very good for England and was great at Leicester because he played in systems that suited his game. If you want your center back to sit deep and deal with crosses into the box all game then Maguire is your man. But once you start asking him to play a high line he is one of the worst in the league.

So at West Ham I can see him working out.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
todibo and amarabt from fiorentina would make it a solid transfer window, still think use need 1 more attacker though
Our problem is we are stacked with left wingers and so don’t have a lot of attacking flexibility. Rashford, Sancho, Garnacho are all better coming off the left. With Høljund out for the first three weeks, I can see Ten Hag going with Sancho playing false nine because that’s what he did in pre season. I’d still like another striker though to play backup.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our problem is we are stacked with left wingers and so don’t have a lot of attacking flexibility. Rashford, Sancho, Garnacho are all better coming off the left. With Høljund out for the first three weeks, I can see Ten Hag going with Sancho playing false nine because that’s what he did in pre season. I’d still like another striker though to play backup.
depends if use can sell more unwanted players first

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Between Elanga, Maguire, Fred, Donny, Dean Henderson looking all but out the door and a few of those youngsters we sold earlier in the window, the club is looking at netting close to 90m.

Plus with De Gea plus Ronaldo’s wages coming off the books the past 8 months, that’s another 850k a week in wages we are saving, or 44m a year.

Since Murtough has come in, he has done a very decent job at turning the club around alongside Ten Hag off the field and shaping the squad.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Pavard rumours are coming out of nowhere, Bayern supporters seem to be fuming because they consider him one of their better players. He has a year left on his contract and rejecting all the extensions Bayern offered him because he wants a new challenge after 7 years in Germany (Bayern plus Stuttgart).

Was amazing in that France World Cup winning side and scored that screamer in the semis.

I do wonder if Ten Hag would want him to play right back or center back though. He has had full seasons in both positions, but he plays right back for France. I think he would be our starting right back but also first option to move to centre back should an injury occur, and then we’d bring AWB or Dalot in.

Would definitely improve us a lot if we could get him in.

Reported fee around 30m euros. Which works out cheaper than the 30m pounds we are getting for Maguire.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The Pavard rumours are coming out of nowhere, Bayern supporters seem to be fuming because they consider him one of their better players. He has a year left on his contract and rejecting all the extensions Bayern offered him because he wants a new challenge after 7 years in Germany (Bayern plus Stuttgart).

Was amazing in that France World Cup winning side and scored that screamer in the semis.

I do wonder if Ten Hag would want him to play right back or center back though. He has had full seasons in both positions, but he plays right back for France. I think he would be our starting right back but also first option to move to centre back should an injury occur, and then we’d bring AWB or Dalot in.

Reported fee around 30m euros. Which works out cheaper than the 30m pounds we are getting for Maguire.
We were linked to him when the window opened but we'd rather play Robertson at LCB and have him bomb up the pitch all game instead of defending.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

He won't be coming to not lock down a spot. He'll be fighting Dalot and AWB for RB.

I think we may see AWB go before the window ends, despite talks of us extending his contract.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Yes please ro Pavard. Any word on Mctominay? West Ham also offered 30 mill. We valued him at 40. I'd sell for 30 and just move on.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He won't be coming to not lock down a spot. He'll be fighting Dalot and AWB for RB.

I think we may see AWB go before the window ends, despite talks of us extending his contract.
Would be starting right back but you’d imagine he would move to centre back if we had an injury, and then AWB would come in at right back.

Whether it’s Pavard or Todibo, it’ll allow us to have another player that is very good at playing out from the back and let’s us sustain pressure against the opposition.