Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sancho is getting a little better but still yet to find his feet, not too worried given his age.

Varane isn’t at his best yet, needs time to settle into the side and form partnerships with the players around him.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fuck that backline without Maguire Shaw and wan bissaka was shithouse
We were flat as fuck, no energy
Ronaldo the goat get us out jail
Our intensity has been off all season. It’s why we look so vulnerable to counter attacks all the time, we need to lift the tempo and get stuck in.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Slump?
You’ve have hardly set the football world on fire with your style of play to date.
You have become to reliant on 36 yr old Ronaldo to bail you out. You were playing better this time last season.
You do know what a slump is right....it just means bad form. It's not reliant on you setting the world on fire to then lose your form.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You do know what a slump is right....it just means bad form. It's not reliant on you setting the world on fire to then lose your form.
For all of Oles deficiencies, his man management is gotta be up with the very best, the players clearly fight for him. We’ve had a few bad runs of form but he never seems to lose the dressing room.

Come end of season, it may be time to reevaluate if things don’t end well, but for now I’d back him to turn this run of form around.

Ole teams go on long runs of success and then loss a few and then go on another run. We’ve seen it happen 3 or 4 times already. So I wouldn’t be surprised if we go on another run soon, and unless a team like City win 18 games on the bounce like last year, it might just see us go top.

29 unbeaten away in the league is something to be proud of too.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe a world class tactician, working under Ole is the answer.
Our coaches are really underwhelming. Whilst Ole will always have the final call, it’s the coaches who run training at United.

Mike Phelan is in charge of the administrative side of things, and it’s Carrick and McKenna who are most involved with helping Ole with tactics and team selection.

Carrick has zero qualifications for a role that big, and McKenna was really highly rated when we pouched him from Spurs, but he went from managing our U18s to being the head assistant coach for the first team.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all of Oles deficiencies, his man management is gotta be up with the very best, the players clearly fight for him. We’ve had a few bad runs of form but he never seems to lose the dressing room.

Come end of season, it may be time to reevaluate if things don’t end well, but for now I’d back him to turn this run of form around.

Ole teams go on long runs of success and then loss a few and then go on another run. We’ve seen it happen 3 or 4 times already. So I wouldn’t be surprised if we go on another run soon, and unless a team like City win 18 games on the bounce like last year, it might just see us go top.

29 unbeaten away in the league is something to be proud of too.
I admire your optimism, and as i have said previously, respect your knowledge.

But in my opinion, i have never seen a team, who so obviously needs a change of coach, in almost 50 years of following pro sports.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

But in my opinion, i have never seen a team, who so obviously needs a change of coach, in almost 50 years of following pro sports.
Off TOPIC ...... Out of curiosity. How do you view Trent Barrett ???

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everything aside, how good had de gea been this year
Back to being his brilliant best, buying Henderson has brought the best out in him again
At the moment his probably best in the world again with maybe oblak at the minute
His reflexes are second to none,

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything aside, how good had de gea been this year
Back to being his brilliant best, buying Henderson has brought the best out in him again
At the moment his probably best in the world again
His reflexes are second to none,
Definitely got his swagger back.

Dogahol

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

The amount of times we’ve changed managers. I like what Ole is building, what he’s done to the squad thus far. I’m sure there’s more to come and we’ve also got some very talented youth too.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Youve lost to Young boys, lost to West Ham only scraping by them 3 days earlier where they missed a penalty , you lost to Villa, you’ve scaped past Villarreal , You drew with Southampton playing poorly , scraped past Wolves who are struggling this season. You’ve had 2 decent wins against Leeds who were terrible and Newcastle.
I don’t call that form slump , I call that poor form. That’s how you’re playing , consistently bad.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Youve lost to Young boys, lost to West Ham only scraping by them 3 days earlier where they missed a penalty , you lost to Villa, you’ve scaped past Villarreal , You drew with Southampton playing poorly , scraped past Wolves who are struggling this season. You’ve had 2 decent wins against Leeds who were terrible and Newcastle.
I don’t call that form slump , I call that poor form. That’s how you’re playing , consistently bad.
You can see it. I can see it. Most observers in the world can see it, but still the excuses flow.

It is MINDBLOWING obvious.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
And no where have I said we've played good football. The season is long. I'm sure the squad are working on getting better. You're making it out like we can't see we aren't playing great. No one is sugar coating anything

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The amount of times we’ve changed managers. I like what Ole is building, what he’s done to the squad thus far. I’m sure there’s more to come and we’ve also got some very talented youth too.
What is he building ???

What is our style of play ???

What is our best midfield ???

Pogba plays on the left one week, midfield the next. God knows where he plays when Rashford returns. The first player picked for France is our mister fix it.

Sancho plays left one week, right the next, dropped the next. This is the player we spent the best part of two years chasing, instead of a CDM

DVB a born and bred Ajex player, Dutch international, chased by Real Madrid and Barcelona is somehow not good enough to play in front of Fred and McTominay. Ole sympathizes will say he is not a CDM, well neither are McFred.

We play two holding mids to protect the back 4 which Ole bought 3 of at great expense. The other Luke Shaw is one of the best left backs in the premier league.

The dude got Cardiff relegated and was sacked.

He won a pub league in Norway, and now is coach of Man United. How ???

You or i could coach this squad to a top 4 finish. Not joking !!!

We win games because we have better players than most teams we play. Our results are individual moments. Nothing to do with coaching.

If his name was Hans Linquest he would have been gone 12 months ago.

Most people who are not emotionally involved with Ole can clearly see this.

The story goes that he inherited a disaster, but the truth is we finished 2nd with more points, more wins, a better differential, under Mourinho the previous season, with substantially less money spent. We also won trophies under his watch.

Ole has had almost 3 years. I repeat what exactly is he building ???

From the time we led the league last season, we have done nothing but choke. Who could forget the coaching masterclass in the Europa league final. What a brilliant use of subs we witnessed that night. Forget football tactics, some of those decisions were outright illogical !!

If he were to be sacked tomorrow, what big club would sign him ???

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What is he building ???

What is our style of play ???

What is our best midfield ???

Pogba plays on the left one week, midfield the next. God knows where he plays when Rashford returns. The first player picked for France is our mister fix it.

Sancho plays left one week, right the next, dropped the next. This is the player we spent the best part of two years chasing, instead of a CDM

DVB a born and bred Ajex player, Dutch international, chased by Real Madrid and Barcelona is somehow not good enough to play in front of Fred and McTominay. Ole sympathizes will say he is not a CDM, well neither are McFred.

We play two holding mids to protect the back 4 which Ole bought 3 of at great expense. The other Luke Shaw is one of the best left backs in the premier league.

The dude got Cardiff relegated and was sacked.

He won a pub league in Norway, and now is coach of Man United. How ???

You or i could coach this squad to a top 4 finish. Not joking !!!

We win games because we have better players than most teams we play. Our results are individual moments. Nothing to do with coaching.

If his name was Hans Linquest he would have been gone 12 months ago.

Most people who are not emotionally involved with Ole can clearly see this.

The story goes that he inherited a disaster, but the truth is we finished 2nd with more points, more wins, a better differential, under Mourinho the previous season, with substantially less money spent. We also won trophies under his watch.

Ole has had almost 3 years. I repeat what exactly is he building ???

From the time we led the league last season, we have done nothing but choke. Who could forget the coaching masterclass in the Europa league final. What a brilliant use of subs we witnessed that night. Forget football tactics, some of those decisions were outright illogical !!

If he were to be sacked tomorrow, what big club would sign him ???

Truth be told though. He did get you lot to finish second with a higher points score than the previous year. So, most would rightly point to progress?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t think the performance was bad other than Dalot getting torn up all game.

Statistically Villarreal have been one of the best defensive teams over the past 12 months, there’s a reason why neither Madrid side could beat them in the past fortnight, as well as them taking Chelsea to pens when they versed in the SuperCup. So this game was never going to be a blow out.

If AWB was playing, how many of those chances would they have had? Not many.

Midfield actually held up okay today, obviously it’s still glaringly obvious that we need another midfielder but reality is that we will need to make-do from now until January.

I’d be tempted to start Lingard and Greenwood outside of Ronaldo against Everton, both seem to be in form and Lingard impacted the game when he came on.

Matic needs to be rested for all league games, he is still our best midfielder outside of Pogba and Bruno.
Nowhere near as bad as some are making it out to be.

Dalot was trash, absolute trash. We can see why he was loaned out last season (after Mourinho had brought him in and used him often as a squad option) and can also see why we were interested in Trippier to challenge AWB for that RB position. Dalot was responsible for the majority of Villareal's big chances, with one of those having Lindelof part responsible (which again justifies the Varane signing).

We created enough in the first half too, there were some good pieces of play put together with the final ball just not finding it's target. I guess the point I'm making is we did create those openings to exploit but it was just a missed final ball that didn't make it, on another day it makes it.

And then it has to be remembered Villareal aren't exactly a shit side. They're defensively sound, organized and hard to break down.

Team is still finding it's way with the new signings. Nowhere near a finished product but I can see the makings of it.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nowhere near as bad as some are making it out to be.

Dalot was trash, absolute trash. We can see why he was loaned out last season (after Mourinho had brought him in and used him often as a squad option) and can also see why we were interested in Trippier to challenge AWB for that RB position. Dalot was responsible for the majority of Villareal's big chances, with one of those having Lindelof part responsible (which again justifies the Varane signing).

We created enough in the first half too, there were some good pieces of play put together with the final ball just not finding it's target. I guess the point I'm making is we did create those openings to exploit but it was just a missed final ball that didn't make it, on another day it makes it.

And then it has to be remembered Villareal aren't exactly a shit side. They're defensively sound, organized and hard to break down.

Team is still finding it's way with the new signings. Nowhere near a finished product but I can see the makings of it.
Villarreal are a very good side, defence is excellent
We created 4-5 very good chances
Dalot was a liability
Attacked him all game

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Villarreal are a very good side, defence is excellent
We created 4-5 very good chances
Dalot was a liability
Attacked him all game
I can see the makings of a very good side with attacking threats across the field. We've started slowly and out of form but we started slowly last season as well and then had a nice run of form. The main difference being, at this early stage, we haven't dropped as many points as last season.

I can see the team taking time to adjust to Ronaldo, as he doesn't provide the same amount of energy up front that Cavani provides.

Sancho is slowly but surely finding his feet and becoming more of a threat.

Defence is still settling in and I can eventually see Varane taking the mantle of leader in the defence.

Midfield is the only problem. For as much stick as they get Fred and McTominay seem to be the answers this season. I also don't think Declan Rice is the answer as he was outplayed by the same Fred and McTominay people like to criticise. So this midfield question may be a difficult one for the club to answer. DVDB is not the answer, IMO he was quite underwhelming vs West Ham and I can see why he isn't a preferred option.

I'm also starting to lean to letting Pogba go. He's not going to fit our requirements of CM and, long term, we're not going to bench Sancho/Rashford/Greenwood for Pogba to play LW. At the moment Pogba is a luxury player for us, ie. nice to have but not really what we need.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Truth be told though. He did get you lot to finish second with a higher points score than the previous year. So, most would rightly point to progress?
But not as many points as achieved under Mourinho in his last full season with a vastly inferior team.