Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A lot of talk in the media with regards to who our new manager should be.

Some of our former players are calling for ETHs dismissal, and then you have Neville asking for 1 more seasons

Southgate rumour is picking up steam, as is Potter and Tuchel talk. Not sure what I want more - about 11 new players or a new coach

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Some of our former players are calling for ETHs dismissal, and then you have Neville asking for 1 more seasons

Southgate rumour is picking up steam, as is Potter and Tuchel talk. Not sure what I want more - about 11 new players or a new coach
new players would be the more logical outcome, no point getting a new coach and having the same injury prone players

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
new players would be the more logical outcome, no point getting a new coach and having the same injury prone players
Varane, Sancho and Greenwood are definites.

Rashford needs to go. Eriksen too. Casemiro has just fallen off a truck.

Mainoo, Garnacho, Onana and Holjund. Build a team around that and off you go. In my eyes, everyone else is expendable.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't agree and I think this has always been the problem at United. Bring new players in when behind the scenes is a mess.

It seems as though United are trying to fix this side of things with a new technical director etc. They tried hard to get Ward etc. but they all came to Liverpool.

So, United are trying to make the right steps.

Personally, if I were a United fan I'd take the hit and have 2-3 more really bad years to completely fix the infrastructure at the club to come out the other side.

Otherwise it's just going to be the same old story where they'll have a decent year next year with a new manager, but will inevitably fall off a cliff when overpaid players don't really buy into the system / approach and the wheels fall off.

It's happened with every single manager since Fergie, and even with Fergie the infrastructure wasn't there towards the end years.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Varane, Sancho and Greenwood are definites.

Rashford needs to go. Eriksen too. Casemiro has just fallen off a truck.

Mainoo, Garnacho, Onana and Holjund. Build a team around that and off you go. In my eyes, everyone else is expendable.
Onana? Holjund? Even Mainoo and Garnacho are over hyped. Everyone and anyone is expendable imo

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't agree and I think this has always been the problem at United. Bring new players in when behind the scenes is a mess.

It seems as though United are trying to fix this side of things with a new technical director etc. They tried hard to get Ward etc. but they all came to Liverpool.

So, United are trying to make the right steps.

Personally, if I were a United fan I'd take the hit and have 2-3 more really bad years to completely fix the infrastructure at the club to come out the other side.

Otherwise it's just going to be the same old story where they'll have a decent year next year with a new manager, but will inevitably fall off a cliff when overpaid players don't really buy into the system / approach and the wheels fall off.

It's happened with every single manager since Fergie, and even with Fergie the infrastructure wasn't there towards the end years.
cant keep sacking the manager every 2-3 seasons..... players need to be held accountable as well particularly the overpaid injured ones

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
cant keep sacking the manager every 2-3 seasons..... players need to be held accountable as well particularly the overpaid injured ones
That's why they need to get the right people in. It's not about the manager imo, but the people behind the scenes.

They're making short-term decisions for quick success, but need to think bigger and make hard decisions.

At present players only come to United because of the money, and none of them work out. The whole philosophy has to change and that starts with the football department behind the manager.

Changing the wage structure is the first thing I'd do. Play for pride in the United jersey, not for the cash. Until they change that ... they're fucked

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Man Utd need to find their new Sir Fergie .

You guys need to think outside the box I think. Start fresh snd bring in someone who has atleast some Scottish lineage but has coached outside of Scotland Just like Sir Fergie.

Ernie Merrick could be that coach in my opinion . AnScottish coach who has successfully worked outside Scotland , in the old nsl here in oz for Preston . And his resume also includes Newcastle …..in the A league .
Former national team coach of Hong Kong too so he knows the international game .
Ernie is someone who thinks outside the box , he’s latest bid was working as motivator for St.Kilda AFL , that’s how highly regarded he is .
And to boot he has an OAM so if he was to come to old Trafford a knighthood would be a certainty.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Man Utd need to find their new Sir Fergie .

You guys need to think outside the box I think. Start fresh snd bring in someone who has atleast some Scottish lineage but has coached outside of Scotland Just like Sir Fergie.

Ernie Merrick could be that coach in my opinion . AnScottish coach who has successfully worked outside Scotland , in the old nsl here in oz for Preston . And his resume also includes Newcastle …..in the A league .
Former national team coach of Hong Kong too so he knows the international game .
Ernie is someone who thinks outside the box , he’s latest bid was working as motivator for St.Kilda AFL , that’s how highly regarded he is .
And to boot he has an OAM so if he was to come to old Trafford a knighthood would be a certainty.
I'm all aboard the Ernie Merrick train! Toot toot

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Got a feeling United get a result today. Don't know why, but have that feeling.

Then again, I said Chelsea would get top 4!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Tell you what though. United were robbed with that penalty shout in the first half. Just seen it again and have to say that Partey was v v lucky

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
must admit we got lucky to win that game, very poor performance could easily have drawn the game

SunnycoastDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
must admit we got lucky to win that game, very poor performance could easily have drawn the game
Told ya Chem!! But gotta say you didn’t make it easy.
Put Rashford and Fernandes in their different story.
Would say good lucky supporting Tottenham but I’m a Villa fan and doubt a Gooner would ever cheer on the Spuds hahaha

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So every supposedly “injured” United player will be fit for the city game?

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So every supposedly “injured” United player will be fit for the city game?
Martinez and rashford are back in training no idea what's wrong with bruno fernandes but having these 3 players available for cup final is a must if u are to have a chance of winning against city

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Martinez and rashford are back in training no idea what's wrong with bruno fernandes but having these 3 players available for cup final is a must if u are to have a chance of winning against city
Genuinely believe some players are fabricating injury/delaying return no way the whole sides dropped like flies. A back 4 of Maguire/Martinez, heard Shaw is a shout slotting Dalot back to the right gives the side a decent chance.

Midfields sweet if Bruno returns, get the vibe everyone’s took the easy way out in antiscipation for the final.