Soccer The Manchester United SUPER Thread

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whilst there seems to be a lot negativity around the club (mainly the media), I think this is arguably the most exciting time to be a United fan in over a decade.

We are the last remaining PL club without a director of football, and we finally have that in Dan Ashworth. Previously we had hired a former accountant (Woodward) to make signings and coach hires, and then replaced him with another accountant (Arnold). Whilst they were both the CEO, in our past set up, they were in charge of player recruitment, hiring coaches and also sponsorships/debt.

We also had John Murtough who was sports director, which is basically a limited version of a director of football. And its been widely reported his main job was to oversee negotiations and be more of a link between the executives and the footballing departments, as opposed to actually overseeing the whole operation as a natural.

Between Berrada taking over as CEO, Ashworth as director of football, Wilcox (Southampton director of football) coming in as our technical director and an ownership group which has committed to not taking money out of the club, we really look to be in much better shape. It might not work, but what people aren't considering is we are going from essentially nothing to something. We are starting at zero because of the gross incompetence within our sports department.

Ten Hag might stay or go, but the club has confirmed they want to figure out a style of play and commit to that vision long term.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whilst there seems to be a lot negativity around the club (mainly the media), I think this is arguably the most exciting time to be a United fan in over a decade.

We are the last remaining PL club without a director of football, and we finally have that in Dan Ashworth. Previously we had hired a former accountant (Woodward) to make signings and coach hires, and then replaced him with another accountant (Arnold). Whilst they were both the CEO, in our past set up, they were in charge of player recruitment, hiring coaches and also sponsorships/debt.

We also had John Murtough who was sports director, which is basically a limited version of a director of football. And its been widely reported his main job was to oversee negotiations and be more of a link between the executives and the footballing departments, as opposed to actually overseeing the whole operation as a natural.

Between Berrada taking over as CEO, Ashworth as director of football, Wilcox (Southampton director of football) coming in as our technical director and an ownership group which has committed to not taking money out of the club, we really look to be in much better shape. It might not work, but what people aren't considering is we are going from essentially nothing to something. We are starting at zero because of the gross incompetence within our sports department.

Ten Hag might stay or go, but the club has confirmed they want to figure out a style of play and commit to that vision long term.
I dont see ten haag staying beyond this season unless use can miraculously make top 4

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Hasn't Ashworth been put on gardening leave for the next year so he can't officially work for you until 2025? I swear I read that somewhere?

Agree with the rest you're saying. Can only go up really as can't be much worse

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hasn't Ashworth been put on gardening leave for the next year so he can't officially work for you until 2025? I swear I read that somewhere?

Agree with the rest you're saying. Can only go up really as can't be much worse
Newcastle were originally posturing for a 2025 start and 20m in compensation, but it looks like over the past week they've done a U-turn (and rightly so as their previous stance was very small time of them), and now they're talking about a reduced compensation fee (10-13 million) and a start in between July-September.

Based off all the reports from the likes of Ornstein and Romano, they've mentioned Ashworth has already started speaking to key figures at the club regarding a restructure.

Newcastle want it resolved because theyre trying to bring in Paul Mitchell as their new sporting director.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont see ten haag staying beyond this season unless use can miraculously make top 4
After todays results in Europa, it looks almost certain that England will have a top 5 (which I dont actually like anyway).

I can see them keeping ETH whilst they implement their first lot of changes, trying to maintain some sort of stability.

We're looking at a structure now that will see the manager have very minimal input on recruitment decisions so it shouldn't really matter who the manager is over the next 12-18 months whilst we implement our new board, CEO, DoF and technical director.

I also don't think the club is convinced by the managerial options out there at the moment.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
After todays results in Europa, it looks almost certain that England will have a top 5 (which I dont actually like anyway).

I can see them keeping ETH whilst they implement their first lot of changes, trying to maintain some sort of stability.

We're looking at a structure now that will see the manager have very minimal input on recruitment decisions so it shouldn't really matter who the manager is over the next 12-18 months whilst we implement our new board, CEO, DoF and technical director.

I also don't think the club is convinced by the managerial options out there at the moment.
will have to be one big clean out once this seasons ends and build on the first team and add more depth

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Newcastle were originally posturing for a 2025 start and 20m in compensation, but it looks like over the past week they've done a U-turn (and rightly so as their previous stance was very small time of them), and now they're talking about a reduced compensation fee (10-13 million) and a start in between July-September.

Based off all the reports from the likes of Ornstein and Romano, they've mentioned Ashworth has already started speaking to key figures at the club regarding a restructure.

Newcastle want it resolved because theyre trying to bring in Paul Mitchell as their new sporting director.
That's very good for you. It's going to be a process to turn this around, but it sounds like you're getting the right people in.

Now you need to get the right manager and clear out your players

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rio Ferdinand’s MUFC vs Liverpool combined XI: Onana, Dalot, Konate, Van Dijk, Robertson, Endo, Mac Allister, Mainoo, Salah, Hojlund, Garnacho

This can't be true, can it?

If yes, the guy must be on drugs still.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Rio Ferdinand’s MUFC vs Liverpool combined XI: Onana, Dalot, Konate, Van Dijk, Robertson, Endo, Mac Allister, Mainoo, Salah, Hojlund, Garnacho

This can't be true, can it?

If yes, the guy must be on drugs still.

think u might be right that rio is on drugs

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

think u might be right that rio is on drugs
Some of the ex United pundits are complete idiots.

Why would Arteta leave arsenal now? And for United?

He's put Onana above Allison in goal? FFS.

Definitely on drugs