oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
premature analysis.
we have one more game to make things great again:grinning:

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Every post on here is like saying Parra couldve won the grand final if they weren’t shit c**ts. Which we were this year but a wins a win always go by that.

Azoabi7

Waterboy
Reaction score
I hate this argument. A win is a win. By that same logic do we get to count unlucky/close losses or games where we had someone binned/injured/rorted by refs as wins too?

Yes we've been shit this season and there are a lot of problems that need addressing but I hate the argument of trying to diminish wins. We've not made the finals the last seven years. We're not in a position to complain about the games we won.
What unlucky losses? We’ve gotten mopped by 40 most games. Just the warriors beat us by 2 and raiders were unlucky to only beat us by 4

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let’s be honest. We have won 7 games this year, but we could very easily have only won 1 or 2 and be dead last.
Beat Tigers by 4 points, 4 tries each.
Beat cows by 1 point, a last second JAC try to level up.
Beat Dragons by 2 points, 3 tries each.
Beat Titans by 2 points, having trailed 18-0 and scoring 2 tries directly off Burton Bombs, and Okunbor last minute try after a few deflected passes.
Beat South’s by 4 points, they missed 10 players due to origin/injury. Almost lost that game.
Beat Dolphins by 1 point, Isaako Missed conversion otherwise they would’ve won.
Beat yourself senseless trying to discredit the team L :tearsofjoy: L

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s be honest. We have won 7 games this year, but we could very easily have only won 1 or 2 and be dead last.
Beat Titans by 2 points, having trailed 18-0 and scoring 2 tries directly off Burton Bombs, and Okunbor last minute try after a few deflected passes.
Beat South’s by 4 points, they missed 10 players due to origin/injury. Almost lost that game.
Uncomfortable truths that most want to ignore

We are the luckiest team in history to avoid the spoon

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should have beat the roosters, but poor game management cost us that day.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We started the season 3/5. Could've easily been 4/5 if we had beaten the Warriors. Our season imploded in round 6 when we lost Kiks and picked up all sorts of injuries to our players. If anything, we've been unlucky not to get a chance to build on momentum.
In the beginning there was hope, then there was injuries, then all the wimps started complaining.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We also lost some games early on with shit calls (warriors winning off an obstruction plan for example) and unfair binnings contributing to the losses. If we'd won those we might have grown in confidence and been on the fringe of the 8.

And what exactly is your point. No use creating a thread simply offering a pointless opinion unless you also offer an avenue to discuss it.
Blame it on boredom :grinning:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
The worrying thing for me is there's a world not too far away where we could of went winless this year. I also don't think we had any "good wins" this year. Even tho we got 7 wins this year we were the worst team, even worse than Tiger and Dragon (said so myself way back in May). I don't really care about the ladder and eye test is more important for me. A lot of the bottom teams are clearly expected to improve next year (probably bar Tiger). We're going to be favourites for the wooden spoon with Tiger (all this years "optimism" gone) and I'm fed up of always getting the worst case scenario. Why can't we be one of the teams that end up unexpectedly being decent.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good wins, bad wins, Bad losses, Good losses. A win is a win.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No such thing as a lucky win especially when it involves us

We have had some of the worse luck imaginable in the past 12 years

If the kick ahead from Barba to J Moz doesn’t bounce 100 feet and gives time for Billy Slater to bat it away then we prob score change momentum and have premiership number 9

It didn’t happen

Unlucky?

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeh glass half full or half empty. I prefer to see it the other way. Yes some big losses with nearly all our troops out. We also closely lost 3 matches , Warriors, Raiders, Roosters. With a few more troops, and a leader we would iced those 3 games also and have finished 10 wins & 26 points / 13th. However it’s all gone badly pear shaped over the last 6-8 weeks.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What unlucky losses? We’ve gotten mopped by 40 most games. Just the warriors beat us by 2 and raiders were unlucky to only beat us by 4
I don't count them as unlucky losses. A loss is a loss just like a win is a win. My point is if you're discounting close wins do you also discount those few close losses plus the Roosters game where we lost by 1?

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And some of those loses we should of won and and made the top eight if only these clowns played like Professional footballers .

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We should have won the spoon. “ a win is a win “ yawn. CC is a cuck