Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Did you read what I posted in my last post and read what I have posted in the other thread?

Malla

Reaction score
Such a poor quality game. We had nothing in attack, our midfield looked so fragile without Silva and Toure - poor Aguero looked like he was catching a cold. As soon as Liverpool got that goal it looked like they were playing 6 in the back. Still a good win by Liverpool.

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watched the highlights. On another day City could have had 3-4 goals in that second half. Risky by Liverpool to sit back for most of the game but they got the result they wanted going back to Anfield.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
What's funny is Kompany got sent off for against united for a 2 footed challenge, yet the same thing happened in this game and no send off to the liverpool player. Gotta love the consistency :grinning:

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That red card was a joke v man u, his feet were clearly on the ground before he got to the player. ****ing harsh

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Such a poor quality game. We had nothing in attack, our midfield looked so fragile without Silva and Toure - poor Aguero looked like he was catching a cold. As soon as Liverpool got that goal it looked like they were playing 6 in the back. Still a good win by Liverpool.
A wins a win. Good to still see you are alive

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now ozman is a traitor and walked out on the club They should put a few wins together :P

I will now have to find another source now of information on the best football team in the world

polecat

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's funny is Kompany got sent off for against united for a 2 footed challenge, yet the same thing happened in this game and no send off to the liverpool player. Gotta love the consistency :grinning:
poor vinny

Magic Arrow

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rubbish performance from Liverpool today. Was up and decided to watch the game, they were absolutely hopeless against a hapless Bolton. I think there comes a time in every managers career where he has to admit he made a major ****-up and in this case it's his constant purchasing of British players. They all had poor games, especially Andy Carroll. "King Kenny" should admit defeat and get another striker on loan. He should get rid of Carroll, but we all know he won't, but I feel for the Liverpool supporters who have to put up with the big mans constant poor performances. I've always been of the belief that a class striker will always play himself back into form, but for Andy Carroll I see no hope, he is not a class player, even Torres has shown glimpses of class. He should really cut his losses on that transfer. If they think that Kenny Dalglish is the man to get Liverpool back into the top four, they're certainly being proven wrong. Absolutely rubbish manager in my opinion.

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they think that Kenny Dalglish is the man to get Liverpool back into the top four, they're certainly being proven wrong. Absolutely rubbish manager in my opinion.
I've been going over for 3 months a year over the past 12 years to follow the red men. I was at the Anfield protests over H&G in late 2010 and can tell you now the damage done by those two bell ends to the club worse than what one could imagine.

It was was always going to take time to get the club back on level footing. A trip to Wembley, maybe two are on offer this season still, as to is a top four finish.

If the team walks away in May in the top four and Wembley victory under their belt than all will be good in my eyes on the progression back up to the top. People out there on LFC forums talking up a title this year or next were in dreamland from the start.

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moneyball Lolz
We weren't sure anything could be funnier than Kenny Dalglish claiming Stewart Downing (no goals, no assists in the league) has been a rip-roaring success.

But step up Liverpool big cheese Tom Werner to give us an even bigger belly laugh.

Presented without comment, here's an extract from today's edition of The Liverpool Echo:

'WHEN John Henry and Tom Werner were informed about Liverpool FC's interest in Stewart Downing last summer they turned to the internet to find out more. The Reds' principal owner and chairman stumbled across a video on YouTube which grabbed their attention.

"There was some footage of Stewart where he is, from 30 yards away, kicking a football into five different trash cans and it's brilliant," Werner recalled. "John and I said: 'Oh my god, this player is brilliant, we've got to figure out a way to make a deal with him'."

'The American duo later discovered the footage had been doctored but the excitement at Downing's arrival remained.'

Now Mediawatch has read Moneyball, and we don't remember this bit being a big part.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Moneyball Lolz
We weren't sure anything could be funnier than Kenny Dalglish claiming Stewart Downing (no goals, no assists in the league) has been a rip-roaring success.

But step up Liverpool big cheese Tom Werner to give us an even bigger belly laugh.

Presented without comment, here's an extract from today's edition of The Liverpool Echo:

'WHEN John Henry and Tom Werner were informed about Liverpool FC's interest in Stewart Downing last summer they turned to the internet to find out more. The Reds' principal owner and chairman stumbled across a video on YouTube which grabbed their attention.

"There was some footage of Stewart where he is, from 30 yards away, kicking a football into five different trash cans and it's brilliant," Werner recalled. "John and I said: 'Oh my god, this player is brilliant, we've got to figure out a way to make a deal with him'."

'The American duo later discovered the footage had been doctored but the excitement at Downing's arrival remained.'

Now Mediawatch has read Moneyball, and we don't remember this bit being a big part.
EPIC

MeskBrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Why should I be disappointed for Patrice Evra?" Dalglish snapped at his inquisitor. "Have you played football? I've been booed."

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All booked and paid up for a quick 6 day return trip for the Cup Final later this month. :grinning:

Now, wins over Spurs and Utd will finish off a fine few weeks. Then batter Brighton in the FA Cup and win the League Cup a week later.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd bring Martin O'Neill over to Anfield in a heart beat. Love Kenny, but the magic just isn't there. I think Man U would be nuts not to sign him up as Fergie's replacement rather than go for Mourinho. But anyways... we should get him in quick smart before another big club snaps him up.