Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You know what I find most delightful about the LFC situation? All those knocking the club now will one day soon be on the other side of the fence. 'Ole whiskey nose won't be at Salford Utd for too much longer and Arsenal have not won sweet FA for over 6 years. Chelski are proof that money will never guarantee a CL trophy either.

Suarez is a done deal so given time that should begin to improve things. Hold tight fans of England's most successful club. Good time are, once more not far off. :grinning:
Nope, Arsenal are well ahead of Liverpool now. Much better youth setup and players, better first team and better first team squad, a better stadium and a better financial setup to insure future prosperity.

Dumb remark on your part really.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Nope, Arsenal are well ahead of Liverpool now. Much better youth setup and players, better first team and better first team squad, a better stadium and a better financial setup to insure future prosperity.

i agree... arsenal have not won any trophies in 6 years but they are sitting on a wad of cash of about 150m and have already paid off half the debt of their stadium.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
You know what I find most delightful about the LFC situation? All those knocking the club now will one day soon be on the other side of the fence. 'Ole whiskey nose won't be at Salford Utd for too much longer and Arsenal have not won sweet FA for over 6 years. Chelski are proof that money will never guarantee a CL trophy either.

Suarez is a done deal so given time that should begin to improve things. Hold tight fans of England's most successful club. Good time are, once more not far off. :grinning:
LOOL keep dreaming

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Nice win away from home

Goods to see torres getting a double too...

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do ppl honestly think Liverpool will be down and out for the next 5-10 years? Arsenal have not won sweet fa in the past 6 years and their best bet this season is the League Cup. The Gooners are no chance for a title tilt and won't progress past the quarter finals of the CL and still they won't spend money on a shot stopper who can make a difference.

Liverpool are now 1 million pounds better off every 9 days thanks to no more massive interest repayments and have a renewed spark to finish off the season well. With Gerrard, Carra, Reina & Torres firing in the run home plus the recent form reversal of other players things are not as bad as the doomsdayers are making out.

What I want to know is when Arsenal win bugger all again this year will that moronic Frenchman still have the supporters behind him?

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
The Gooners are no chance for a title tilt
i think this is a stupid thing to say, arsenal are close enough at this stage and united arent really looking too good that they wont be caught

im neutral but its clear to see arsenal have a better future

you talk about how much better off liverpool are in a financial situation but why not mention how liverpool will again be forced to go without champions league revenue next year

champions league qualification is like going to gym and building up financial muscle, arsenal have been going to the gym non stop so they will remain strong

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arsenal no chance to lift a title? Semi final of Carling Cup, 5th round FA Cup, knockout stages of Champions league (albeit against barcelona), second in Premier League. Liverpool have the Europa League as their only chance of silverware this season. If we have no chance i wonder what Liverpool's chances are...

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Do ppl honestly think Liverpool will be down and out for the next 5-10 years?
Do you want to show me where I said 'Liverpool will be down and out for the next 5-10 years?'. Don't sensationalise to favour your point.

Arsenal have not won sweet fa in the past 6 years and their best bet this season is the League Cup. The Gooners are no chance for a title tilt and won't progress past the quarter finals of the CL and still they won't spend money on a shot stopper who can make a difference.
Erm, you are an idiot mate. Take off your Pool tinted glasses and make a balanced analysis. If you had any idea about football you would know Arsenal have been in a rebuilding stage for a few years now. No trophies in 5 years (it's not 6 yet, so yet again you have your facts off) is not that much of a problem considering Arsenal have now built and moved into a world class stadium, something Liverpool simply don't have the finances for, and have developed plans to have it paid off in the very near future, meaning the club will be pumping out massive profits that the stadium generates.

In counter to your argument about CL and blah blah blah. Liverpool are not in the Champions League, they won't be in the Champions League next season, they won't win the league and they can't win the FA or Leaguue cup(s). Their current squad is so weak compared to Arsenal's, as well as Chelsea's, United's, City's and even Spurs.

You attempted to suggest Arsenal would not be sustainable, when the facts are right there to see. Arsenal are miles ahead of Liverpool. You can say no trophies for 5 years all you want, it will only be a poor attempt to mask the fact that your club is behind Arsenal now and will be for quite a while to come.

Liverpool are now 1 million pounds better off every 9 days thanks to no more massive interest repayments and have a renewed spark to finish off the season well. With Gerrard, Carra, Reina & Torres firing in the run home plus the recent form reversal of other players things are not as bad as the doomsdayers are making out.

What I want to know is when Arsenal win bugger all again this year will that moronic Frenchman still have the supporters behind him?
Yes, Wenger will still have the fans behind him, because Wenger is not a moron, he has insured the long term financial stability of the club as well as strengthening the reputation and production lines for players at the club. Liverpool don't have anything on Arsenal in those categories.

Keep trying to put Arsenal down, it's only giving me more ammunition against you.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh and steve_mortimer, you ever seen Wojciech Szczesny play?

Darbas

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh and steve_mortimer, you ever seen Wojciech Szczesny play?
He has a point though, Szczesny didnt impress me against Wigan, then again thats probably because he only had to make about 2 saves :p

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He has a point though, Szczesny didnt impress me against Wigan, then again thats probably because he only had to make about 2 saves :p
How is he supposed to when Wigan were so well dominated?

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
typical RAWK post... mate i thought you are better then this...

Do ppl honestly think Liverpool will be down and out for the next 5-10 years? Arsenal have not won sweet fa in the past 6 years and their best bet this season is the League Cup. The Gooners are no chance for a title tilt and won't progress past the quarter finals of the CL and still they won't spend money on a shot stopper who can make a difference.
Arsenal no chance? They are still competing for every single trophy that is on offer. what are we competing for? the UEFA Cup?

we are not in a bad position as before but we are still in a pile of ****... torres gerrard reina firing doesnt mean we are going to win every single game... we still have **** players like skrtel, konchesky, poulson and to name a few more.

:sleepy:

And if Kenny doesnt win us the UEFA Cup are we still going to support him?

FMD those RAWKite posters are getting dumber and dumber everyday

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
it was expected that we werent going to get any players in the january market...

Luis Suarez for 26mil? its better that money would be spent somewhere else anyway...

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
typical RAWK post... mate i thought you are better then this...
Arsenal have not won a trophy in 6 years, the manager won't invest in a quality keeper and in does ANYONE here honestly think they will win either the EPL or CL this year? Rafa had one bad season on all fronts and everyone wanted his head. Arsenal have a manager who comes out in a press gig stating they can win all 4 and the media and fans get behind him.

The Liverpool squad is not as bad as it has been made out this season. The players just needed the right man for the job. Even in the Utd and Blackpool games they looked far more impressive than most games in the first half of the season. I was there in the flesh for the best part of all matches between August and December and in over 11 years of following the red men home, away and in Europe I have not seen a team play as bad as this lot did in the first few months of the season. Northampton Town being the worst.

Players and football games take on an entirely different perspective when you see it first hand and not on TV. And no disrespect but a lot of fans in Australia only watch the team on TV. What I find disgraceful is all the "alleged" LFC fans on the net these past few months talking about being relegated. Anyone thinking that in all honesty doesn't know their football.