Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
dont really care what the mancs have to say about their 'win' this morning... but if they claim we were that **** and they were that good but in truth they werent much better themselves... they should have went in for the kill when we were done to 10 men for 2/3 of the game and put a cricket score on us but they didnt and they failed to capitalise on their 1* man advantage.

The positives from this as that we fought to the end and not concede one goal on their turf.

the other one is martin kelly for showing great composure and discipline at the back when he had giggs and evra attacking his side
it's a knock out comp lol, ofcourse we capitalised. We are through, and you are not.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
With an attitude like that might as well go for the Dragons.
Whose leading the EPL? Whose in the champions league? Whose still in the FA Cup?

Thank You

TJ

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Whose leading the EPL? Whose in the champions league? Whose still in the FA Cup?

Thank You
I dont deny it Hansta, very very successful team over the past decade unrivalled. And at times i can say yes i have enjoyed watching Man United play because you have had some very gifted players come through and good football played but that has not come of late especially last season and this season.

I am half Spanish and for years and years i was constantly disappointed that my nation never won anything on the world stage because they tried to play a style of soccer that was good to watch however did not produce results then you had teams like Germany and Italy who constantly played unattractive football and won.

Now Manchester United has become one of those teams who plays horribly, wins and is happy with it. For you as a fan, it may be enough, but to me it would not be i love football to be played the proper way and won the proper way. I said the same things to the Italians after the Italy v Socceroos World Cup Farce and they said the exact same thing you did. The truth is people will not remember your team as fondly as they remember Barcelona, you cant not like the way barcelona win when it comes down to it the difference is Barcelona have a footballing Philosophy and Manchester United have a Results Philopsophy.

Liverpool used to have a style of play and of late that has gone off the rails, it has been a shame that the passing game that used to enthrall those at anfield has been changed but hopefully we will go back to our footballing philosophy and become a great team again.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
lol blackpool make it a double league win against liverpool

i bet the fans who desperately wanted dalglish are feeling stupid, because this 2-1 loss is one of the main reasons hodgson got in trouble

dalglish wont come up with a magical cure for liverpool, his return didnt even give liverpool a little burst of good form that usually happens in a shake up

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
lol blackpool make it a double league win against liverpool

i bet the fans who desperately wanted dalglish are feeling stupid, because this 2-1 loss is one of the main reasons hodgson got in trouble

dalglish wont come up with a magical cure for liverpool, his return didnt even give liverpool a little burst of good form that usually happens in a shake up
the thing is Kenny got his tactics wrong this morning...

played 3 players out of position by having johnson at lb, meireles on the wing and kuyt playing in that steven gerrard role.

also his inclusion of Poulson and Jovanovic who have been piss poor when ever they played for us was a huge gamble and both were **** tonight...

his substitutions were also wrong, Shelvey for Kuyt? something that you would expect either roy and rafa would do with their substitutions and we thought kenny was much smarter then that with his use of the bench...

We did have a postive start with the torres goal in the first 2 minutes but we never recovered after that... blackpool ****ed us for the rest of the 88 minutes and they were more determined then we were for the win.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
dalgish is the past. He needs to wake up. Its not 1990, its 2011

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
we werent expecting kenny to perform miracles on the team and he knows that...

but kenny knows the club inside out and knows what he can do bring back the self belief we have been lacking for the past 18 months

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Why should we blame the ref for this loss? He didn't cost us the game

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
We dominated the first half and we should have scored at least 2 in the first half

The first 8 minutes of the 2nd half was shocking... With Agger going off injured... Skrtel does his usual defensive blunders by letting in 2 crucial goals for Everton.

As for the rest of the 2nd half it didnt look like were never in it and Everton finished the game off with 68% possession away against us.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
good news!

Fernandez Suso has been promoted to train at Melwood

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Liverpool chairman Tom Werner insists the club's owners are prepared to provide money for big-name signings if it benefits the long-term future of the team.

Since their £300million purchase in October there has been little suggestion from principal owner John Henry and Werner that substantial investment would be available for squad rebuilding.

And while Werner admits they are looking for greater value in terms of the players they sign, that does not preclude a significant outlay on the right individual.

That will come as welcome news to both fans and manager Kenny Dalglish, who is looking to bolster the squad he inherited from Roy Hodgson nearly a fortnight ago.

It is a particularly timely pronouncement considering Ajax coach Frank de Boer has stressed it will take "an absurd amount" for him to part with Liverpool's number-one target Luis Suarez.

Valuations of the Uruguay international stretch from £18million to £25million and it remains to be seen whether Fenway Sports Group, the subsidiary of New England Sports Ventures - owners of the Boston Red Sox baseball franchise and who originally bought the club - are prepared to go that far.

But Werner said taking a wide look at the economics of transfers did not preclude making major signings.

Asked if Liverpool could still secure marquee signings like the £22million spent on Fernando Torres in the summer of 2007 Werner replied: "Yes. Look at our history.

"The Boston Red Sox have the second-highest wages in baseball and we have been as successful, if not more, than the new York Yankees.

"We are coming from a market that is somewhere like Liverpool, we are not New York or London, and we have been successful in generating revenues which we have ploughed back into an excellent team.

"We will be driven by value but we certainly have the resources to have some targets.

"We are in this for the long-term and every pound that we make will strengthen the club.

"We do have great resources. We have a very high wage bill and it shouldn't be such that we are 12th in the league right now.

"I don't want to get the wage bill down, I want it to increase and we have the resources to do that - I just think we ought to be performing at a better level than we had been.

"I expect us to move forward and improve our position.

"But we are not going to be making decisions which do not improve the fortunes of the club long term.

"There have been some decisions made which have set the club back and our hope is we will have some announcement to make but there is nothing I can say today."

Werner was keen to stress the long-term vision FSG have for Liverpool involves increasing income - with help from either a new or revamped stadium - in order to be able to invest in the club.

But he accepts that will take time and a far-reaching blueprint is not something which is easy to sell to supporters who are enduring the worst season for decades.

"Everyone knows our long-term goals are to restore the lustre to the club and we want to honour our great history by winning more trophies," added Werner.

"This has obviously been a somewhat frustrating period for all of our supporters so in the short term we just want to see some progress and hopefully under Kenny our fortunes will improve.

"We consider ourselves to be a big-four club and we have a lot of resources.

"At the same time we need to figure a way to grow our club because no-one is happy with the status quo at Anfield because we need to increase our match-day revenues.

"At the same time I feel the long term is bright and I am very encouraged about some of the ideas to increase our revenue."

It seems plenty of money will be required to lure Suarez away from Ajax after De Boer's latest comments.

"We know how important Luis is for Ajax. Only when an absurd amount is on the table should we let him go," he told De Telegraaf.

"Luis feels good and is training well, I don't think he will leave at any cost."

Werner has also hinted that Dalglish could be in line for the manager's job beyond the end of the season.

Despite the Scot being considered merely a short-term solution to the Reds' stuttering season at Anfield, the American insisted that Dalglish's work had not gone unnoticed.

"You have to be thinking for the long-term. We're tough and we're hopefully looking out, not just for the club in the short-term but for the long-term.

"You don't like to sack anybody but I think it was time to move forward in a different direction.

"He (Dalglish) is, as everybody knows, an iconic figure in our club's history. He's got many of the qualities that we've admired.

"He's competent; he certainly understands the club's philosophy and he's excellent at man-management. And we've been very pleased with the progress.

"It's obviously quick and he's only been on the job for a short term, but he's quite aware of the challenge. The players are quite supportive of Kenny and I've been very impressed with him.

"I don't like to play hunches, but he certainly is a candidate and he understood that it was a short-term position; but he's certainly done everything not just to impress us, but our fans and players."

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know what I find most delightful about the LFC situation? All those knocking the club now will one day soon be on the other side of the fence. 'Ole whiskey nose won't be at Salford Utd for too much longer and Arsenal have not won sweet FA for over 6 years. Chelski are proof that money will never guarantee a CL trophy either.

Suarez is a done deal so given time that should begin to improve things. Hold tight fans of England's most successful club. Good time are, once more not far off. :grinning:

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
You know what I find most delightful about the LFC situation? All those knocking the club now will one day soon be on the other side of the fence. 'Ole whiskey nose won't be at Salford Utd for too much longer and Arsenal have not won sweet FA for over 6 years. Chelski are proof that money will never guarantee a CL trophy either.

Suarez is a done deal so given time that should begin to improve things. Hold tight fans of England's most successful club. Good time are, once more not far off. :grinning:
this maybe a transitional period for our club but the mess that Benitez and beavis and butthead left behind got us to where we are right now.

Roy Hodgson was meant to bring in the stability and balance back into the squad but he made us far worse with low expectations, talking other teams up while putting us down, buying crap like poulson and konchesky and the players just seem to have lost confidence in him.

Bringing Kenny back is great. We all know he is not going to make us successful instantly but he will bring the back club's philosophy and confidence back into our players.