Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Huge news but not surprising. Klopp has been hinting at leaving for years now.. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended with another title. Either way he's been amazing for your club and turned it around. I expect Pep to leave in the next year or so too..

Liverpool will be able to choose any manager they want really..

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I reckon Klopp has had enough of FSG to be honest. How do you go from extending your contract for 2 years to this Mid season, the whole coaching staff are gone. There’s got to be more to it and I think eventually we will find out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I reckon Klopp has had enough of FSG to be honest. How do you go from extending your contract for 2 years to this Mid season, the whole coaching staff are gone. There’s got to be more to it and I think eventually we will find out.
There's nothing more to it, he just doesn't want to coach next year.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I'm telling you - my minions have got the goss and tbf - its pleadingly obvious. The issue is...
Trents inability to defend - basically he gave up.

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm telling you - my minions have got the goss and tbf - its pleadingly obvious. The issue is...
Trents inability to defend - basically he gave up.
leave trent alone

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mah. If you watch that whole interview (the initial and latter ones) it's clear that this isn't the case.

He extended but that was before the horror year last year.

Clearly it took so much out of him but he wanted to leave us in a better position so stuck around. And, we're obviously in a much better position.

I'm completely at ease with him leaving in that he's given us so much, and left us in an extremely good position.

Look at our 1st team. Youth coming through. The club as a whole.

If he wasn't feeling it, then he wouldn't be doing all of that justice so it's better than he moves on.

As hard as it is to say, we need to trust his feelings on this.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why would they stay? A new manager is bringing in their own team.
I see it more that the club has made it clear we wouldn't be hiring Pep as the next manager and / or he said that himself. Vitor is a Pep man so it's only natural that he leaves with him. And Peter is with Klopp, so it's only natural he leaves as he'd never step into the management position.

I don't see them going as a shock in the slightest.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Alonso and Amorim are the rumoured favourites ATM. Probably just guess work though.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think this is a fake quote that has been floating around for years lol, but he has said something similar. If you've seen him in interviews talking about us he refers to Liverpool as "we" quite a bit. He's still 100% a red and I think he wants the Liverpool job over all others. Might be too early for him but he has credit in the bank with our fans so we're likely to be more patient with him than an outsider.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think this is a fake quote that has been floating around for years lol, but he has said something similar. If you've seen him in interviews talking about us he refers to Liverpool as "we" quite a bit. He's still 100% a red and I think he wants the Liverpool job over all others. Might be too early for him but he has credit in the bank with our fans so we're likely to be more patient with him than an outsider.
At the moment I can see only him as the right choice. Anyone else, for now at least, would be a let down.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I was so pissed when Rafa was trying to buy Gareth Barry to replace him while he was still at the club.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I was so pissed when Rafa was trying to buy Gareth Barry to replace him while he was still at the club.
Yup. Was the falling out over him staying behind because his wife was giving birth?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yup. Was the falling out over him staying behind because his wife was giving birth?
Can‘t remember that but I remember Rafa wanted to sign Barry for years. He didn’t appreciate the talents of Alonso who was way better than Barry.