Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Football is a weird game.

See anyone and everyone talking up Thiago's performance today. Did well for the goal but thought that first half especially his passing was horrendous? From memory he was the reason Allison had to rush off goal to save at a Saints players feet.

What do I know tho
yeah, but most people don’t watch the entire game or even the extended highlights. That back pass was hair raising, but it seems like he’s growing into the English style of game more and more…he seems more confident anyways.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
yeah, but most people don’t watch the entire game or even the extended highlights. That back pass was hair raising, but it seems like he’s growing into the English style of game more and more…he seems more confident anyways.
The funny thing is tho ... I watched the whole game and thought he was well off the pace in that first half. Seemed like every pass he played was shocking, but will have to watch the game again as feel like I'm crazy now! Lol

That being said, he's definitely a player we need playing and was happy seeing his mins managed. There's a stat somewhere showing that him and Fab have played 12 games together.

Won 11 and drawn 1. Says it all really.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@Freakzilla did you see Klopp's comments about his mistakes from last year?

Exactly what you were saying all along that we should never had played midfielders in defence.

Hands up tho. I got that wrong as I was definitely on the side that it wasn't a big issue tho clearly it was!

Good seeing him learn tho

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
@Freakzilla did you see Klopp's comments about his mistakes from last year?

Exactly what you were saying all along that we should never had played midfielders in defence.

Hands up tho. I got that wrong as I was definitely on the side that it wasn't a big issue tho clearly it was!

Good seeing him learn tho
Yeah it was obvious. When he played 2 lesser players but actual CB we went on a winning streak and made the top 4. Glad he learnt his lessons. Next lesson is how to use the subs better.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah it was obvious. When he played 2 lesser players but actual CB we went on a winning streak and made the top 4. Glad he learnt his lessons. Next lesson is how to use the subs better.
Ha. We'll see about subs. Can be a bit hit and miss.

My biggest annoyance was him waiting so long to make changes but has seemed to have got better in that regard?

It's nice that we're getting players back for the most hectic period of the year. Even better that we seem to be managing their mins really well.

Loved that Thiago only played 60 odd mins. Also that Hendo was subbed pretty early on too? Milner getting more mins. Taki too tho would've liked to have seen him come on earlier.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ha. We'll see about subs. Can be a bit hit and miss.

My biggest annoyance was him waiting so long to make changes but has seemed to have got better in that regard?

It's nice that we're getting players back for the most hectic period of the year. Even better that we seem to be managing their mins really well.

Loved that Thiago only played 60 odd mins. Also that Hendo was subbed pretty early on too? Milner getting more mins. Taki too tho would've liked to have seen him come on earlier.
Salah and Mane need to play less minutes now so they can be fresher for later in the season when we need them to play big minutes.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Will be interesting seeing who we start against the Blues on Wednesday.

I'd imagine it'll be pretty much the same team but with Matip coming in?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The Salah army on twitter are crazy, dead set slagging off the entire team because Salah didn't score a goal. Mane and Jota especially copping it from the lunatics hahaha