Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree about Milner. Just think we isolate goals as down to one individual. For me, Hendo should've stopped it getting there. Milner should've been closer. A number of players should've done better in both goals. Not just one.
I get that, it’s always a collective team effort, but the 2nd goal is an own goal from Matip due to his non existent agility if you ask me. I may be clutching at straws but Matip has been involved in most of the goals we’ve conceded this season through his clumsiness and lack of agility/speed.
I won’t fault his distribution today but he’s a central defender, his job is to defend .
btw, Robbo and Milner offered fuck all delivery .

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He wasn’t originally in front of it. He ran into it which made it unpredictable. It’s different if he was already there
Correct he wasn’t in the De Bruynes shooting path, he basically ran into the shot and deflected the ball in the net .
I may have a bias against him but he’s at fault for the 2nd goal

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Correct he wasn’t in the De Bruynes shooting path, he basically ran into the shot and deflected the ball in the net .
I may have a bias against him but he’s at fault for the 2nd goal
Don't agree sorry. But, it's all good.

I just see it as unlucky. One of those things. On another day, that deflection coiuld've easily have saved a certain goal.

Matip was far from the worst players on the pitch. In fact, I'd personally put him as one of the better ones.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still fucking gutted. *****. 6 points dropped against City, Chelsea and Brentford. Defensively disappointing, but having rewatched a lot of it I stand by what I said with the midfield. Hendo had an absolute mare, and Fab wasn't too far behind.

Need Thiago back asap!

Paul Depodesta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s a good point, city dominated us that first 20miuts. But we fought back second half
credit to city tho coming back twice away from home, how Milner didn’t get sent off is a miracle ver very lucky
surely salah deserves the huge money his asking surely we pay it
salah and foden were great to watch
whats going on with VVD, foden Left him on his ass and looked a bit underwhelming
milner was shocking
but very good point against a good team
you do wonder what city would be with a striker

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Foden was always going to cause us problems irrespective of who was marking him.
We didn’t function cohesively as a unit in the first half and were lucky not to be trailing at half time.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Henderson has sort of lost the plot, hopefully Klopp reigns him in. I like that Klopp is giving our midfielders more responsibility and freedom in attack but Henderson just isn't tracking back all all and it's hurting us. When Elliott was playing he was putting in more of a shift, Cujo on the left putting in more of a shift, Thiago, etc. Fabinho also has to cover too much ground in shorter periods, he looked absolutely fucked toward the backend of the game and it's probably why he bottled his chance towards the end. Maybe FSG was right about not wanting to extend his deal :tearsofjoy:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Henderson has sort of lost the plot, hopefully Klopp reigns him in. I like that Klopp is giving our midfielders more responsibility and freedom in attack but Henderson just isn't tracking back all all and it's hurting us. When Elliott was playing he was putting in more of a shift, Cujo on the left putting in more of a shift, Thiago, etc. Fabinho also has to cover too much ground in shorter periods, he looked absolutely fucked toward the backend of the game and it's probably why he bottled his chance towards the end. Maybe FSG was right about not wanting to extend his deal :tearsofjoy:
Yes, have to agree his form is worrying.

Looked completely gassed from the first min and continually playing catch up. His positional awareness was completely off, not just this game but previous games also which I highlighted then.

I'm a massive massive fan of his and believe he can turn it around, but he's just leaving so much space in front of the defence it's leaving us way too open. Thiago should be back after the break which is good.

Sucks that Elliott got injured

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All the Matip hate when VVD has clearly been worse all season. I'm starting to get concerned tbh.
Dont get the Matip hate personally. Thought he was one of the best against City.

While VVD wasn't terrible, wasn't exceptional either. Weird but we seem to be missing his presence?

I guess the positive to take out of that game is that we can highlight so many underperformed, and we've got a few lads coming back from injury.

We can definitely play better so that's good.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s a good point, city dominated us that first 20miuts. But we fought back second half
credit to city tho coming back twice away from home, how Milner didn’t get sent off is a miracle ver very lucky
surely salah deserves the huge money his asking surely we pay it
salah and foden were great to watch
whats going on with VVD, foden Left him on his ass and looked a bit underwhelming
milner was shocking
but very good point against a good team
you do wonder what city would be with a striker
City with Haaland will be simply Unstoppable

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
VVD has not been that bad . Whilst his form is not the pre injury VVD just yet we got to remember he’s come back from a major injury. He will need time. Hes not as commanding at the back and that may have to do with his confidence as he’s obviously not 100%.
Its evident his speed and strength is not where it was pre injury which baffles me why Klopp partners him with the slow Matip .
Matip has been involved one way or another in all the goals we’ve conceded . I just don’t rate him , he came from Schalke on a free and I would describe him as an ok defender but the type of player that other big clubs would not seek to sign, if I’m making sense.
Yes he was playing ok yesterday up until that own goal . But the own goal is credited to him, it wasn’t unlucky, just a clumsy attempt to block the shot .
Anyway I’ve said it before, we’ve won nothing with Matip at the back and won’t win anything as long as he starts .
The sooner Gomez gets back into the team the better for everyone including VVD .

As for Henderson , he got the contract extension he wanted and is playing as if he is irreplaceable in the team and the rest of the players need to work except for him.
He wasn’t poor just yesterday , his form has been down in previous matches also.
On a positive , how good was Salah ? He caused them problems, it’s a shame we didn’t ask more questions because he and Mane were in a positive mood .
Bobby disappointing , Milner is past it, Robbo’s form isn’t as good as in previous years .
We have Watford away after the break .

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Gotta say that I'm proud of Klopp and Liverpool being at 99% fully vaccinated. Really cool that we're smart enough to take those steps. Love what Klopp says about getting vaccinated too. Good man he is. Good man.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
VVD has not been that bad . Whilst his form is not the pre injury VVD just yet we got to remember he’s come back from a major injury. He will need time. Hes not as commanding at the back and that may have to do with his confidence as he’s obviously not 100%.
Its evident his speed and strength is not where it was pre injury which baffles me why Klopp partners him with the slow Matip .
Matip has been involved one way or another in all the goals we’ve conceded . I just don’t rate him , he came from Schalke on a free and I would describe him as an ok defender but the type of player that other big clubs would not seek to sign, if I’m making sense.
Yes he was playing ok yesterday up until that own goal . But the own goal is credited to him, it wasn’t unlucky, just a clumsy attempt to block the shot .
Anyway I’ve said it before, we’ve won nothing with Matip at the back and won’t win anything as long as he starts .
The sooner Gomez gets back into the team the better for everyone including VVD .

As for Henderson , he got the contract extension he wanted and is playing as if he is irreplaceable in the team and the rest of the players need to work except for him.
He wasn’t poor just yesterday , his form has been down in previous matches also.
On a positive , how good was Salah ? He caused them problems, it’s a shame we didn’t ask more questions because he and Mane were in a positive mood .
Bobby disappointing , Milner is past it, Robbo’s form isn’t as good as in previous years .
We have Watford away after the break .
You don't rate Matip? Wouldn't have picked it

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was a good game for a neutral, happy neither side picked up the full 3 points as well.

Thought City should've put the game away in the first half, Milner got shredded a few times. Your boys showed good fight to get back in the game and it was individual brilliance which got you the goals.

You guys will challenge for the league and are still one of the best teams in Europe, but as I said before the season started, there are signs of things becoming stale, which has happened at both of Klopp's previous clubs.

I think Jota is great off the bench for you guys, but I've never seen that extra quality thats needed for him to be a starting player for a title winning side. Mane is still really good but he used to be a lot more effective then he is now, good finish from him today though. Firmino is past it.

Henderson will only get worse, his role is to be the legs in that midfield and at his age, its only going to get worse.

Eventually this Liverpool side will need to be dismantled before it crashes. Saying all that, this season looks like it'll be there for the taking and it might be your best shot before City sign a striker, Chelsea continue getting better and United finally get their shit together.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was a good game for a neutral, happy neither side picked up the full 3 points as well.

Thought City should've put the game away in the first half, Milner got shredded a few times. Your boys showed good fight to get back in the game and it was individual brilliance which got you the goals.

You guys will challenge for the league and are still one of the best teams in Europe, but as I said before the season started, there are signs of things becoming stale, which has happened at both of Klopp's previous clubs.

I think Jota is great off the bench for you guys, but I've never seen that extra quality thats needed for him to be a starting player for a title winning side. Mane is still really good but he used to be a lot more effective then he is now, good finish from him today though. Firmino is past it.

Henderson will only get worse, his role is to be the legs in that midfield and at his age, its only going to get worse.

Eventually this Liverpool side will need to be dismantled before it crashes. Saying all that, this season looks like it'll be there for the taking and it might be your best shot before City sign a striker, Chelsea continue getting better and United finally get their shit together.
Pretty good analysis.
The thing with Klopp is he is very loyal to his players, he was loyal at Dortmund and he is just as loyal at Liverpool.
There is nothing wrong with that because sometimes the player will repay that loyalty with his performances.
However some players on our roster are not performing and Klopp continues to stick by them.
Bobby as you’ve mentioned has been down in form since last season, Ox has not offered much, same with Keita also and we use his injuries as the reason.
But these guys have not and will not be moved on unless an offer comes in. Klopp talked up Lovren ( when he wasn’t talking himself up ) but when a decent offer came in from Russia they sold him. That’s how he operates.
As for Jota I’m happy to give him more time, I think he can really really help us.
I don’t want to come across as LFC fan who thinks every player in our squad is a superstar just because he wears the LFC jersey. And my criticism of some players like Matip isn’t hate, it’s just an opinion of mine that we have better options.
The squad is ageing but we also have some very good young players coming through who look like certain starters . Jones and Elliott are very young and Klopp has had no issue throwing them in big games.
For mine Klopp really needs to fix the problem we have conceding goals and our inability to close out matches. We took the lead 3 times against Brentford and twice against Man City but did not end up with 3 points .

Last edited:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This one is for you @Mutt Dafty dream is officially over lol

Mbappé to L’Équipe: “When I say leave, I’m talking about Real Madrid. Real made an offer. I thought that my time at PSG was over. Leaving was the logical next step”. Police cars revolving lightWhite circle

“Other clubs? NO. I am attached to Paris, and if I had left this summer it would have only been for Real”.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This one is for you @Mutt Dafty dream is officially over lol

Mbappé to L’Équipe: “When I say leave, I’m talking about Real Madrid. Real made an offer. I thought that my time at PSG was over. Leaving was the logical next step”. Police cars revolving lightWhite circle

“Other clubs? NO. I am attached to Paris, and if I had left this summer it would have only been for Real”.
"This summer"