The knife edge of adversity - will we rise or plummet deeper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really don't know. The team is near impossible to read at the moment.

People might remember the game I'm talking about here a year or two ago. We played the Storm.

I was like "yeah we are going to get drilled here". We came out a COMPLETELY different side, ambushed the Storm and won the game.

The players have the ability/skill, Des has the coaching knowhow, and yet we keep miss-firing.

About the only thing I can see (as an outsider) is that we lack direction on the field. But to fix that in a few days... impossible.
Yeah I remember that game. That was finals week 1 2014

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really don't know. The team is near impossible to read at the moment.

People might remember the game I'm talking about here a year or two ago. We played the Storm.

I was like "yeah we are going to get drilled here". We came out a COMPLETELY different side, ambushed the Storm and won the game.

The players have the ability/skill, Des has the coaching knowhow, and yet we keep miss-firing.

About the only thing I can see (as an outsider) is that we lack direction on the field. But to fix that in a few days... impossible.
Yeah I remember that game it was finals week 1 2014

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
i agree. The odd win to keep the heat off is the worst outcome - I would rather we fall hard to jolt us out of this average mental attitude. Have we fallen hard enough - I would like to think so - 36 - 0 is humiliating.
we lost to the cowboys 36-0 in 2016 but bounced back to win the next round

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The whole "backs to the wall" thing, only works when the players give a fuck.
Sadly, ours do not.
Yes...... well, at least last weekends game anyhow. no fucks were given as soon as Bmoz dropped a high kick 20m our from his own line and then there the rot began!!

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I do see your logic - it is a bitter sweet situation we in - I want us to flog them or be flogged - we need drastic change. Not some grinding performance to just lose or just get there.
A grinding 80min win against a top side means a lot more than a 40-nil one off.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A bad situation or scandal usually brings out the best in us.

Lets see how we respond.

My hopes aren't up for this week, but it would be a real bulldogs thing for us to win and win violently.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We showed determination in the first couple of games, in 2004 we got flogged in Newcastle on mothers day then went on to win the comp.
There should be a bit of life in the place, last Friday could be a turning point for us, they are not doing it for me, they are doing it for the themselves, the club, members and supporters, so many people count on these guys.
Sick of the knee jerk, first grade is always going to be tight in the modern era.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
So far so good, but consistency has been our greatest weakness over 80 minutes and over consecutive games. Fingers crossed we build on this.

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this season has gone almost exactly how i imagined it would so far and i think it will continue to be uneven, bad performances followed by more pride shown and about 10 wins in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.