CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Me too, too many Eel friends. Little bit worse than Panther fan
Na Panther worse, always. Nobody has ever seen Parra win shit except the old homeless dudes.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
How does the old joke go? When he left Sydney for Brisbane, he increased the average IQ in both [emoji6]
I remember the time an angry Queenslander came into a bookshop I worked in at Central station. He wanted to leave his luggage with us while he went uptown (the luggage office was closed). I explained that unattended luggage will be removed and destroyed by the police, so we cannot hold it for him. He blew up big time throwing around the most offensive language at me, as if it was all my fault.

As he stormed out, he yelled back "We'll fix you F....ers. We'll have an IQ test at the border to keep idiots out."
I responded "How will you get back in then?"

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I remember the time an angry Queenslander came into a bookshop I worked in at Central station. He wanted to leave his luggage with us while he went uptown (the luggage office was closed). I explained that unattended luggage will be removed and destroyed by the police, so we cannot hold it for him. He blew up big time throwing around the most offensive language at me, as if it was all my fault.

As he stormed out, he yelled back "We'll fix you F....ers. We'll have an IQ test at the border to keep idiots out."
I responded "How will you get back in then?"
Marketing slogans are about pretending that your weaknesses are actually your strengths. That is why for a while QLD number plates said "The Smart State".

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whoever advised him to forfeit 750k [emoji23]

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I dont think anyone in Sydney is upset he left, we now have more money and we will play better as a result

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Reminds me of the Ben Hennant situation and wanting to go back to Bisbane. Hennant promised so much but never delivered. Heart not in it so why persist with a player who doesn't want to play for you.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Reminds me of the Ben Hennant situation and wanting to go back to Bisbane. Hennant promised so much but never delivered. Heart not in it so why persist with a player who doesn't want to play for you
Bullshit, the Polar Bear put his heart and soul into playing for us, still speaks highly of his time at the Bulldogs, in his words we are “his kind of club”. He only went back to SE Qld because of his son (who attempted to kill himself) and the need for family support. Questioning his playing quality with us is just plain stupid, he made SOO both years, hardly a sign of a player not delivering.

Always a Bulldog

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bullshit, the Polar Bear put his heart and soul into playing for us, still speaks highly of his time at the Bulldogs, in his words we are “his kind of club”. He only went back to SE Qld because of his son (who attempted to kill himself) and the need for family support. Questioning his playing quality with us is just plain stupid, he made SOO both years, hardly a sign of a player not delivering.

Always a Bulldog
Really ? How old was the son ? Hannant was only 25 or there abouts when he played for us

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares about TPJ. He's gone. Didn't cost the club a cent.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reminds me of the Ben Hennant situation and wanting to go back to Bisbane. Hennant promised so much but never delivered. Heart not in it so why persist with a player who doesn't want to play for you.
Hannant gave us one brilliant 1st year...
He was on $150k at the Gronkos, we signed him for S300k a season I believe for 3 years, a year into his contract he received a bigger offer from the Gronkos to go back, determined to get a release he claimed home sickness, what came after was the worst announcing his departure on the bus to Wollongong to play the St George Steelers in the 2nd round, upsetting the team we ended up losing the game.
Guess what, 2 years later he wasn't home sick no more when he left the Gronkos for the Cows.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Guess what, 2 years later he wasn't home sick no more when he left the Gronkos for the Cows.
You need to check your facts, Hannant was back at the Donkeys from 2011 to 2014 inclusive, that’s 4 years. He went to the Cowboys because Griffin was out the door and Bennett told him he wasn’t wanted.

Always a Bulldog

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How bored are they to keep recycling the same story over and over again.
Welcome to the offseason journalist circus. They will do an individual story for every player who doesn't have a passport to Murica as well.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You need to check your facts, Hannant was back at the Donkeys from 2011 to 2014 inclusive, that’s 4 years. He went to the Cowboys because Griffin was out the door and Bennett told him he wasn’t wanted.

Always a Bulldog
These are facts
* Hannant played for the Rorters in 2005 and knew exactly what the Sydney life style is like,
* When he left the Gronkos to double up his contract at the Dogs from $150k to $300k he wasn't complaining,
* When the Gronkos offered him $450k with 2 years left on his contract, with us, suddenly he became homesick,
* He should've chosen a better way and time to announce his departure !
* When and why he left the Gronkos (again) is totally irrelevant.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
These are facts
* Hannant played for the Rorters in 2005 and knew exactly what the Sydney life style is like,
* When he left the Gronkos to double up his contract at the Dogs from $150k to $300k he wasn't complaining,
* When the Gronkos offered him $450k with 2 years left on his contract, with us, suddenly he became homesick,
* He should've chosen a better way and time to announce his departure !
* When and why he left the Gronkos (again) is totally irrelevant.
Every single $ you quoted is wrong, by multiples it is wrong. Go and check the Salary Cap back then (eg; 2006 $3.6m) and tell me how anyone contracted Hannant for what you claim.

Nice avoidance, you claimed 2 years and I pointed out the fact that it was 4 years. You claimed he suddenly wasn’t homesick when the fact was Bennett told him he wasn’t needed, so he had no choice but to take the Cowboys offer. No other NRL club in Brisbane back then.

Always a Bulldog

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Every single $ you quoted is wrong, by multiples it is wrong. Go and check the Salary Cap back then (eg; 2006 $3.6m) and tell me how anyone contracted Hannant for what you claim.

Nice avoidance, you claimed 2 years and I pointed out the fact that it was 4 years. You claimed he suddenly wasn’t homesick when the fact was Bennett told him he wasn’t needed, so he had no choice but to take the Cowboys offer. No other NRL club in Brisbane back then.

Always a Bulldog
Smoked you it seems @D- voice ?