The kennel in meltdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't blame Pay. I just get frustrated at seeing pretenders playing 1st grade. I get more frustrated because our reserve grade is full of pretenders too. I get even more frustrated when I realize our juniors are also pretenders. I get frustrated when it dawned on me that we have to bulldoze the whole lot and it will take years to bring us to a competitive force. I get frustrated that Des & Dib fucked the cap so badly that the majority of the trash we currently have signed will be here until 2020. I get frustrated at the fact that we are paying for multiple players at other clubs. That is how dire our situation is. You can not sugar coat a turd. We are on life support.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't hate him, but i wasn't excited by his signing at the time and so far he has done nothing to change my opinion on him.
I hear you loud and clear, i honestly cant see anything about him so far that makes me think he could be the one to get us out of trouble, but at same time willing to give him a chance. Time will soon tell i suppose..

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whether you love or hate the signings of Pay Foran or Woods, the undeniable fact is that all of these signings were made
people desperate and motivated only to save their own arses!

No they’re all gone, and we’re still fucked!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I hear you loud and clear, i honestly cant see anything about him so far that makes me think he could be the one to get us out of trouble, but at same time willing to give him a chance. Time will soon tell i suppose..
But how much time do you give him? People can blame the roster as much as they want, but it really isn't that bad and we shouldn't look like dead certainties for the spoon like we do atm.

Established players are playing like shit while younger players are going backwards, we look completely unfit, we don't function as a unit, defensively we are terrible, etc. There's just so many negatives and Pay looks absolutely clueless.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the Bulldogs we demand success. We have a past that resembles a culture that winning is the only option. We have been ruthless on the field since the club was established in 1935 and we have the passion off it by none other than the fans year after year.

Teams use to fear playing us, opposition fans couldn't stand us because they knew they were facing a team and it's fans that will fight til the end.

Over the past 3 years or so this team is seen as always beatable and easy to contain. The fear of playing us has gone. There is no fight in the jumper like the past, no passion where the club meant everything to each and every player and certainly the pride of wearing the jersey looks weakened.

Let's be serious here, you only have to look at our signings over the past few years, who really wants to come and play for the club? We are struggling to attract big game breaking players. Is that a reflection on the club today?

Until we get our culture back to where it should be and to understand the true values of the club which starts from the top we will only be a club and team every other team looks forward to playing. We are easy pickings.

I encourage win lose or draw fans express their views and feelings because most of us grew up knowing what this club is about. It is up to the fans to show the younger generation what the club means to us so they can continue on from us and sitting under a rock saying nothing and happy to see our clubs demise does no justice for the past Legends and Operators that fought for this club that gave us the Bulldogs to support. We have an obligation to keep the standards at a level that we can all be proud of on and off the field and so does every player that puts on that jersey.

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yes he has inherited the squad, but i see no structure no running in numbers, poor game management from halves, players running sideways trying to find a gap, instead of makeing a hole in defense or hitting a hole. Plenty of room for improvement is the upside, look at souths hang in the fight you never know what may happen, im happy if they just go down fighting.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We are potentially going to be a club in crisis if we lose our next few games.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's funny is that when Ivan Cleary was available as coach most people on this forum didn't want him but wanted Pay because he was bulldog bred. now suddenly with the tigers doing so well and the dogs struggling people are admiring Cleary and putting shit on Pay. I was desperate for us to sign Cleary...but i'm sick of this line of thinking that we must have a coach that knows the bulldog culture. What a fukin load of rubbish!!!!
Yes he has inherited the squad, but i see no structure no running in numbers, poor game management from halves, players running sideways trying to find a gap, instead of makeing a hole in defense or hitting a hole. Plenty of room for improvement is the upside, look at souths hang in the fight you never know what may happen, im happy if they just go down fighting.[/QUOT

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What's funny is that when Ivan Cleary was available as coach most people on this forum didn't want him but wanted Pay because he was bulldog bred. now suddenly with the tigers doing so well and the dogs struggling people are admiring Cleary and putting shit on Pay. I was desperate for us to sign Cleary...but i'm sick of this line of thinking that we must have a coach that knows the bulldog culture. What a fukin load of rubbish!!!!
I was also very keen on Cleary and not Pay. I even wanted Georgallis ahead of Pay ffs.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
seriously guys

What did you all expect this season?

We don’t have the players

Pay for inherited a squad of players all over paid on heavily back ended contracts

A complete new spine
And new game plan

This year was always going to be tough.

Des inherited a squad capable of winning the minor premiership in all 3 grades

And in his 5 years destroyed that to the shit we now have that Pay has to fix as a rookie

Give him 3 years guys
It’s unfair to expect miracles.

I do agree with calls for players like to woods to be dropped though

Pay needs to be tough on the players

Like dymic when he dropped jmoz

Sometimes coaches need to make tough calls

Whilst I’m not after miracles I do expect better than what we saw against the raiders

Let’s get behind the team and hope for something better in the coming weeks
This is the Kennel. We could win 20 games in a row then lose one game and the Kennel would demand that we sack the coach, half the team, and there would be 4 threads about how we're the worst team in the competition.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was also very keen on Cleary and not Pay. I even wanted Georgallis ahead of Pay ffs.
I never liked Cleary. Poeple keep forgetting that he has been sacked for being a terrible coach.

He seems impressive at first as his teams always start to show promise early, but his strategies are obvious and it doesn't take long for coaches to coach against him.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm trying to stay positive about the potential for us to wind up being one of the dogs in this premiership fight. But so far what the club has said and their actions on the field haven't matched. and I see signs this week that we've taken on a poor mentality.

this week when we should have had the Raiders on the ropes with their limited number of players and and interchanges we see the team get dominated by a spirited Canberra forward pack. Pay told us that even if we were on the losing end of the scoreline this year, that we would have taken the game to our opposition.

The reality is that this week when the going got tough the tough got going, but they were wearing green jerseys. When the Raiders forwards started to show pride and were running hard, our pack started to backpeddle in defense. Our forward packs of the past would have said a big fuck you and the collisions would have been immense in a game like that. I can hack a loss and in reality the Raiders deserved the win with the spirit they showed. But our coach promised a return of the fighting spirit we used to show and this match was a huge step away from that spirit. I know some players were trying hard, but it looked like a lot of them just thought, "we should have this opposition on the ropes, but they're fighting back, where did I leave that too hard basket?"

I still have high hopes that we'll turn things aroiund and start to compete this year, but it was a huge step backwards this week to see our defensive line retreating.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I never liked Cleary. Poeple keep forgetting that he has been sacked for being a terrible coach.

He seems impressive at first as his teams always start to show promise early, but his strategies are obvious and it doesn't take long for coaches to coach against him.
No he wasn't.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

So because he was sacked he is a terrible coach? Really?? It's always the coaches fault when he is sacked. You have no evidence that he was a terrible coach.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm trying to stay positive about the potential for us to wind up being one of the dogs in this premiership fight. But so far what the club has said and their actions on the field haven't matched. and I see signs this week that we've taken on a poor mentality.

this week when we should have had the Raiders on the ropes with their limited number of players and and interchanges we see the team get dominated by a spirited Canberra forward pack. Pay told us that even if we were on the losing end of the scoreline this year, that we would have taken the game to our opposition.

The reality is that this week when the going got tough the tough got going, but they were wearing green jerseys. When the Raiders forwards started to show pride and were running hard, our pack started to backpeddle in defense. Our forward packs of the past would have said a big fuck you and the collisions would have been immense in a game like that. I can hack a loss and in reality the Raiders deserved the win with the spirit they showed. But our coach promised a return of the fighting spirit we used to show and this match was a huge step away from that spirit. I know some players were trying hard, but it looked like a lot of them just thought, "we should have this opposition on the ropes, but they're fighting back, where did I leave that too hard basket?"

I still have high hopes that we'll turn things aroiund and start to compete this year, but it was a huge step backwards this week to see our defensive line retreating.
That’s the problem, we Alwyas back pedal in defence an stand and wait until the attack comes to us.. it’s terrible seeing that .

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not calling for Pays head and I'm not the type who tends to partake in the sack/recruit people threads. But if I was in charge of choosing a new coach last year we'd have picked up Cleary. In saying that I'll give Pay the benefit of the doubt for now and hope he gets the team to fire from next week and till the end of the season. I didn't enjoy watching them this week. It just seemed like part of our spirit went out the window last week.

I had some reservations about recruiting Pay based on the logic that many people used to talk him up (basically the Bulldogs DNA line). And I think that the board at the time would have tried recruiting Donald Trump if they thought they'd keep their jobs for snaring him. I know that Cleary hasn't won a premiership yet, but I also rate him as a coach and would have preferred us to chase him.

The thing I've always liked about Cleary is that he's managed to get more out of some ordinary squads than others. The Warriors had their best seasons that I remember while he was coaching them. The Panthers became a bigger premiership threat under his coaching than they had at any stage that I can remember over the last 20 years or so. And He's managed to bring out the best of most of the players under his charge. Whether they're 18yo's or 29yo's that never reached their potential, he's turned them into better players than they were before he coached them. He may not have won a premiership yet but I think he will win a few before he retires from coaching.

The biggest selling point in chasing Cleary was that he's proven willing to promote youth who generally prove to shine.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We could have the entire Dragons side and it wouldn't make a lick of difference to a win at the moment.

Performances are bad on field, because there are problems off field.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't care if we lose providing we are playing our backsides off. At the moment the enthusiasm just isn't there. Not sure if the forwards are not fit enough to do the required hit-ups (hence the ambling, flat footed, slow play the ball stuff we are seeing now) or we are not training to play fluid, fast advancing football. I am starting to think that the extra efforts in attack over last year are causing our players problems in defence as they can't keep up fitness wise. Last year there was no attack so they had plenty in the tank for defence.

We need this sort of attitude of leaving absolutely nothing out there https://www.smh.com.au/sport/common...ew-after-400m-im-triumph-20180406-p4z89i.html

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
this is where I come to act bi-polar with a bit of Tourette's thrown in and vent my rage.....I might not always make sense but I don't fucken care... purple monkey, shit, fuck

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Not sure about that. He took the Panthers to a prelim in '14, after slowly building his roster. The following year he had the biggest injury toll just about ever. He was then sacked, but Gould politics had more to do with that, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.