The Halves Have To Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The forwards game style papered over the cracks of our mediocre spine.

Now they have to actually kick on the last, play first receiver and control the game. Reynolds especially for the more senior/experienced half has been jaded under this new structure.

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh they could do much worse!! They had absolutely no idea out there today and we won. True once you get to 30+ it probably doesn't matter how much more they put on you but it would have been 60+ with the reggies halves playing today. What are kids in the 20s like? do any of them have potential?
What did we win exactly ?

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pray this is Reynolds last year. He's had his time in the sun.. time to piss off to the esl or something.

Khaled m

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sack dess
I will fuckin make them dogs play
Brisbane are gonna pump us.

Khaled m

Waterboy
Reaction score
These flops only care about money
Reynolds asking for $800000 yeah okay I give u a million to lick my ass.
Only players who deserve the money is Jackson
Klemer
Bmoz

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recruitment is so far off the mark with halves. That there is no light at the end of the tunnel for 2017.

Our only solution for this year is for the forwards to step up. Lay a platform for the halves we have, to have a chance!

We have two starting Props that stand flat footed and offer no go forward. This puts so much pressure on the rest of the team.

Every other team has depth in attack. With players in motion. I don't know if it's a coaching thing or a fitness thing. I suspect both.

The club need to act now. Whatever the decision is. Needs to happen now.

We are no chance of attracting quality with the rabble & uncertainty that exists at the club today.

Everyone from the CEO to the waterboy should have their job in question.

We need a total rebuild. It won't be a short term fix. But it needs to start now!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reynolds time is up,
No point having him in FG team if he's unwanted
Should be the first player dropped and give another player a chance
Blood in others,he has lost his train of thought and confidence
This is very transparent to everybody involved in this once
Well respected and feared clubs

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In the first 3 rounds Reynolds had:

3 line breaks
1 try
0 try assist

Mbye had:

1 line break
0 tries
0 try assist

Not even bothering with last night stats. Definitely not good enough.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never doubted Reynold's passion, but he is a liability more than he is an asset. I hate to say it, but we should release him from his contract immediately, and look to letting Tolman and Lichaa go. I think Mbye can improve as 5/8th with a fresh halfback, even if he is a green recruit from the lower grades. Kasiano is no good to us playing his current role of laying on a decent attack long after the horse has bolted. If we can't get 60 minutes out of him, he is a passenger we can't afford.

Personally, I'd be happy to see the bulk of this side relegated and some fresh faces given a chance to prove themselves. As we've never been bothered by an embarrassing for and against, it won't matter if we are beaten by 50 points instead of 36 - as long as the team has a real go and gives us something to cheer about.
Anything but this mob of imposters.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our halves kicking game is absolutely atrocious.

Sure the forwards were bad, but a good kicking game can build pressure and momentum.

They are clueless.
Reynolds kicked ok for Reynolds. I don't think this game came down to kicking

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
These flops only care about money
Reynolds asking for $800000 yeah okay I give u a million to lick my ass.
Only players who deserve the money is Jackson
Klemer
Bmoz
Reynolds would have bugger all to do with that. His manager would and it's a negotiation. You start high and work down. Reynolds salary is not the problem. Licha, T-Rex, Mbye, Loyd Perrett and Abbey have been the issue.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reynolds an interchange benchy nothing more nothing less

Bankstown Boy

New Pup
Reaction score
Seriously WTF it was plain as day last year that our halfs were up to shit,
How did this get over looked this season we couldn't score many points last year the only thing that got us to the top 8 was our excellent defense what sort of management have we got!!!!
I'm a spectator and i could see where we were going wrong i feel heads need to roll if our management class themselfs as professionals then i feel ashamed for them.
I'm just a fan and spectator and could see what we needed to do common guys get it together and leave hasler out of it!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Everyone at the club needs to take responsibility for allowing our FG squad to have very obvious deficiencies

Status
Not open for further replies.