The great gender debate

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
is there a mental disorder for the significant number of ppl who are non stop attention seeking about their gender / sexuality whilst simultaneously telling people not to judge them for their gender/sexuality?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Everything online seems to say it’s still listed in DSM-5 as a disorder. Maybe I’m missing something?

Regardless though, I personally believe anyone who thinks they’re a man when they’re clearly a woman and vice versa, is definitely mentally unwell and needs some form of help.
It's listed as:

"distress or discomfort that may occur when a person’s biological sex and gender identity do not align"

They removed the illness part because they found it's not an illness. It's a psychological condition.

Most effective treatment is listed as a combination of psychotherapy, hormones and surgery.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I might be wrong.

But doesn't Gender Dysphoria relate to the anxiety/panic attacks/ depression felt by a person who gender isnt the same as their sex. Not all trans experience gender dysphoria.

Wouldnt that be like saying all soliders are mentally ill because a high percentage experience anxiety/panic attacks/depression due to war/battle related PTSD.
Yep. It's primarily those who suffer distress from it. There's also transgender people who are just transgender because they feel happier than way, but they don't have the stress related to gender dysphoria.

In this case my general stance is, "humans can do whatever they want to themselves"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
is there a mental disorder for the significant number of ppl who are non stop attention seeking about their gender / sexuality whilst simultaneously telling people not to judge them for their gender/sexuality?
Yep. It's a disorder called "being an arsehole"

I know a person exactly like that. Complete bitch who calls herself gender non-binary. I have no issue with that but I'm pretty sure she only does it for attention because she's a real bitch about it and actually demands that people effectively worship her because as a gender non-binary, she sees herself as better than anyone else.

There's many people like that. Effectively just attention seekers that will follow any trend that supports them. They say things like, "I'm gender neutral" or "I support the Rabbitohs". But fortunately that's a minority.

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's listed as:

"distress or discomfort that may occur when a person’s biological sex and gender identity do not align"

They removed the illness part because they found it's not an illness. It's a psychological condition.

Most effective treatment is listed as a combination of psychotherapy, hormones and surgery.
Fair enough. I don’t disagree with how it’s framed above. Although I would personally add that I would personally describe with this condition as mentally unwell, but that’s neither here or there.

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep. It's a disorder called "being an arsehole"

I know a person exactly like that. Complete bitch who calls herself gender non-binary. I have no issue with that but I'm pretty sure she only does it for attention because she's a real bitch about it and actually demands that people effectively worship her because as a gender non-binary, she sees herself as better than anyone else.

There's many people like that. Effectively just attention seekers that will follow any trend that supports them. They say things like, "I'm gender neutral" or "I support the Rabbitohs". But fortunately that's a minority.
I hope it’s a minority. Because anyone who does truly have an authentic medical condition like gender dysphoria that needs help is having their condition belittled by ppl who just want attention.

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Its that 1% that i am sticking up for when you brandish the term "murder" (insinuating murderer) in reference to abortions.

But, you clarified you dont judge that 1%. Even would be open to allowing this to hapoen. So credit to you.

You're still against. That's fine, its your entitled opinion (of course if that opinion is expressed with dignity and respect)

We can debate/argue the other 99% another night and definitons of murder and life another night. I'm wrecked

so basically you’re sticking up for people you know don’t need sticking up for but still putting it out there that you’re all for the minority to appease your need for being a good person.hypocrite.

Mike Fixa

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Idiots like this used to be harrassed and teased. Now they get news articles and made out as though they’re somehow a hero.

What a fkn loser. ‘I’m non binary’.

No mate, you’re a dude with a personality disorder.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Just wondering what they are trained to say now when welcoming passengers on board.

Just:
Hello passengers
Hello people

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score

Idiots like this used to be harrassed and teased. Now they get news articles and made out as though they’re somehow a hero.

What a fkn loser. ‘I’m non binary’.

No mate, you’re a dude with a personality disorder.
There always has to be one, or two in this case. For fucks sake. What a joke, attention seeking at its highest order. I'm sure it affected their lives greatly that day.