Opinion The Game That Made Bennett Spend Big On Averillo

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s going to struggle to impact the team if we are getting creamed in the ruck every week and if you don’t realise this, you are headed for disappointment.

How is saying a local junior has talent, we haven’t seen his best and shouldn’t have let him go “dick riding?” It’s just basic common sense. Just like it’s basic common sense to say Crichton won’t have as much impact when he’s not surrounded by superstars and we are relying on him too heavily.
Dumb statement! Like the time Averillo was at the dogs we had nothing but disappointment lol!

He had time to show us his “best” and his “best” still wasn’t good enough. Im not hating on him at all, but if you can honestly say Averillo is way ahead of Crichton you’re delusional. You’re acting as if we refer to Crichton as a 1 man team lol.

We need talent and stars to attract more stars, Crichton will be surrounded by size and speed, Averillo lacked what we needed which is why he wasn’t re-signed.

All the best to him, but time we focus on our current roster and what 2024 holds us

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
lol he won’t make the fins 17? I wish k were a betting man so I could put a wager on that. And geez you guys are putting a lot of faith in Xerri. I’d have Avo in my team over him any day.
Xerri shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting side in round 1

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jake cuts it, big Gus one just blew our cap and couldn't afford him. Had to get the drug cheat and Panther in
@TheSexDogs It wasn't can't afford Averillo they didn't want him. He won't be the first or last Bulldogs discard to do well. When they signed Quai-Ward they said he was better than Averillo cut less than 6 months later. @Flanagun

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All this attention on Averillo, he was a decent player, I liked him, seemed like a nice guy too. He frustrated me heaps though, watch replays he lacks in some areas you simply need to be top level, things he could develop but just weren't there (yet), he's had lots of time for his situation and was offered decent dosh for his current level to stay loyal at Bulldogs. He could even come back if his development works out.

Even the video to the title of this thread, he had an ok game but nothing special.

It's actually unfair to all the other Bulldogs players, juniors, local talent, we've had to let go previously and currently with all this added focus on Averillo, let it go. For now, watch how he goes at his next club.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Dumb statement! Like the time Averillo was at the dogs we had nothing but disappointment lol!

He had time to show us his “best” and his “best” still wasn’t good enough. Im not hating on him at all, but if you can honestly say Averillo is way ahead of Crichton you’re delusional. You’re acting as if we refer to Crichton as a 1 man team lol.

We need talent and stars to attract more stars, Crichton will be surrounded by size and speed, Averillo lacked what we needed which is why he wasn’t re-signed.

All the best to him, but time we focus on our current roster and what 2024 holds us
I never said Averillo is ahead of Crichton lol. But Avo was great last year and was one of the few guys who provided attacking spark for us. You don't build culture by letting your juniors go and paying overs for superstars from other teams (especially when you are targeting so many blokes from the same team and recruiting in positions we already have covered.)

Avo will sort his d out. Anyone who expects a young player like Avo who has been switched from position to position all throughout his career and is playing in such a dysfunctional, underperforming team to tick all the boxes in d is kidding themselves. Crichton would not be the player he is if he came up through our systems.

As for size around him... we still don't have size up front where it counts. He's going to be constantly playing out of our back end.

Last edited:

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know for sure that averillo wont be playing in the halfs unless injuries strike first
You’re possible right on this .. but saying you know for sure is a stretch, are you close to Wayne ?

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@TheSexDogs It wasn't can't afford Averillo they didn't want him. He won't be the first or last Bulldogs discard to do well. When they signed Quai-Ward they said he was better than Averillo cut less than 6 months later. @Flanagun
Can you please show me even one mention where someone said Quai-Ward was better than Averillo, because I must of missed that one .

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never said Averillo is ahead of Crichton lol. But Avo was great last year and was one of the few guys who provided attacking spark for us. You don't build culture by letting your juniors go and paying overs for superstars from other teams (especially when you are targeting so many blokes from the same team and recruiting in positions we already have covered.)

Avo will sort his d out. Anyone who expects a young player like Avo who has been switched from position to position all throughout his career and is playing in such a dysfunctional, underperforming team to tick all the boxes in d is kidding themselves. Crichton would not be the player he is if he came up through our systems.

As for size around him... we still don't have size up front where it counts. He's going to be constantly playing out of our back end.
I never doubted his attacking ability, he was awesome at attack. He lacked defence which caused most of the opposition to score tries. He did fuck up in most positions where he was placed as well.

You’re spot on with Crichton which is why we need someone like him to come to our team. I’m over average players in this team. The fans deserve to see results and possible top 8 contention, we’ve suffered long enough.

Out with the old and in with the new. He may or may not excel at the dolphins, as I stated wish him all the very best and let’s move on

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
It wasn't can't afford Averillo they didn't want him. He won't be the first or last Bulldogs discard to do well. When they signed Quai-Ward they said he was better than Averillo cut less than 6 months later.
You’ve been asked this before Polly and of course ignored it and provided zero evidence: who’s ‘they’ and where exactly did anyone say EQW was ‘better’ than Averillo? It didn’t happen. #ClownCrew
IMG_7696.jpeg