The future is bright

Status
Not open for further replies.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Hell yeah. I reckon Montoya is in for a big 2018 as well, can focus on getting a bit more weight on in the offseason.
On talkin sport Peter Tunks said he has watch him all through the juniors and he is a better fullback or centre than he is a winger. I doubt we'll never know if des hangs around

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Does anyone know if that Will Kerr is going to come back or has he given it away for good? always had such huge wraps and we could really use a good young half
I dare say he's gone even though that lying battletoad running the joint into the ground said he has granted this year off but would be back next year.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sadly we still lack talent in key positions.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly. Foran has been lucky he has played in teams with big kicking halves. DCE and SJ both have huge boots on them so Foran just had to chime in and do his thing. By no means is he a dominant kicker. Even Norman last year was the dominant half between them both for kicks and running the plays.

Foran is just a polished/rich mans Reynolds. He is more constant and has less brain fades during games (mind you Foran is a class 5/8 and Reynolds can never be described as a classy player).

Hopefully he can straighten our attack and take players to the line (he isn't a running sideways type of half) so that's the best we can hope for. For long locking game, and controlling field position/repeat sets from his boot.... we will have to wait and see I guess. He had never had a role like that in any other team he has played on in the past.
That's the thing though, if you have someone with a huge boot on them you don't get in their way like DCE,Norman, SJ and co. He mightn't put it 60m downfield but he can comfortably put it 40m down and let's face it, length isn't the issue for us, it's placement. Kicking 60m down the throat of the FB who returns it 30 serves no useful purpose. Mbye has a long enough kick on him it's just his placement that makes ordinary.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That's the thing though, if you have someone with a huge boot on them you don't get in their way like DCE,Norman, SJ and co. He mightn't put it 60m downfield but he can comfortably put it 40m down and let's face it, length isn't the issue for us, it's placement. Kicking 60m down the throat of the FB who returns it 30 serves no useful purpose. Mbye has a long enough kick on him it's just his placement that makes ordinary.
Yeh I agree. Even in recent weeks we always percisted with Reynolds or mbye doing the majority of the kicks. Was good to see Frawley roll a few into the in goal. Ok Frawley is far off from being a big boot in the nrl. But if he is in the team I think he should be getting the ball more often on the last. Not sure why Hasler still persists with tolman on the 4th and mbye on the 5th.

Like you said mbye has a decent boot on him at times (when he doesn't shank it) but rarely finds open space. And for some reason Hasler game plan has never been to bomb the wingers (maybe to alleviate the risk of a break if our defence doesn't get there in time).

I'll agree that Foran is the best kicker we have had since probably kimmorley.

Status
Not open for further replies.