The Funny Picture/Meme Thread

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Prepare for a long post. Just thought I'd pop a warning in before I posted.

I could buy the sets I wanted as a kid now if I wanted. I'm single. Can throw occasional disposable income that way. Just don't have the space to build or store it. And I know I'd spend very limited time with it between job and other life stuff. Household duties and things mean it's just nostalgia now, though I do love building sets with one of my great nephews that's Lego mad. He's a train and space fan. Has a decent collection of sets and various assorted other bricks. It's fun to have a dig through and see what I find to build him cars, space ships, buildings, boats and whatever he asks for.

My mate buys sets that are about to be discontinued. Lego announces that somewhere. He's sold a few for decent profit not long after he's bought them but monitored the price of those after selling. If he'd waited a few months more he could have massively increased his profits. His sets are worth a lot more than he's paid but he's trying to hold them for maximum profit now. Long term it might be worth it, but he's said prices yoyo. I wonder if it'd be better to have some turnover and buy more in the interim. You might occasionally make $300 profit on one moderate group of 8 smallish packs that have cult followings. Harry Potter or star wars for instance. Next time instead of buying 8 packs, order 16, if it maybe gives 500-600 profit and you can throw that back on a big set and 16 more smalls. Not all the sets build in price noticeably with what he's watched. Some don't go above the price he's paid yet either. It is still a gamble from my judgement. But he's got some boring sets he bought on sale that aren't moving from normal store price. He can't see past the price cut. Still worth 2-3 dollars more now. But same money on themed sets with cult followings would improve in price better than modern city sets as I see it.

If I bought them it'd be to build them. When I win the lottery on Tuesday. A little bit might go on a Lego shed big enough to make some of the dream landscapes and castles I always wanted to as a kid. If I don't split the $30 mill with anybody I'll build an aircraft hangar on the land near my big house in a nice warm part of Aus with nearby beaches, rivers etc with good fishing. I'd have a Lego supply room to dwarf Lego Masters. I'd love having the bricks, figures, weaponry, beasts and everything to create detailed worlds only limited by my imagination. With $30, 000, 000 I could branch out into other areas I enjoyed with Lego as well. Keep it all stored in a space laid out so searching was no issue. It'd be the chance to live out a childhood dream. As a hobby I might make a YouTube channel of my builds as a masked builder. If it got popular I might even get them to have me challenge as a remote guest from my own collection on Lego masters. I'd work on the idea of being, something like the Sting was to top gear speaking slightly more but maybe through a voice synthesizer like a police witness.

View attachment 86392
My housemates recently deceased dad restored a very nice old vehicle from that era. He actually owned it as a young man and it was his pride and joy. Never been able to remember what it's called as it's a brand discontinued a long while back and pretty rare. Will try to post a photo or 5 if I can and what's it's called.

My cousin's husband also restored a little blue three wheeled 2 seat Messerschmidt. Much like the photo I'll post below. They also have a soft canopy. He's won first prize at nearly every show he's driven it to with my cousin (his wife). He's apparently acquired a second one to restore for her. She's not little so it's apparently "squeezy as fuck. I'd have more space in a shoe box" in her words on three or four hour drives so they'll drive both to shows. The work he did getting his is better than the photo below. His looks like it Just rolled out of the factory. I might be able to get photos of his project from start to finish. It's thread worthy. Wouldn't mind seeing a fresh thread where people can post restoration journeys if they've gone through a restoration and have progress pics start to finish. I know there's a car thread with pics well spaced out somewhere. With the offseason here it's preferable to recruit this guy who's coincidentally signed a 4 year deal last year. Anyway here's the pic.

1697203452434.png

I might restore cars as part of the cash I splash of the $30 mill. Not just sending them off, I'd do the work I could myself. I could equip a mechanic workshop where I could do most of the rebuilds myself. Where I had to I'd send jobs off.

A blacksmith workshop is another hobby I'd like to set up. I'd have some great hobbies. Without having to work and the time and money to throw at project. It'd be great to throw time at maybe one car restoration a year, might take longer, might not. Also love the idea of learning blacksmithing. I could hire a teacher that forhes what I'd like to craft. I'd make swords and medievil gear. I think that a couple of brothers from NZ that made some of the showpiece swords from Lord of the rings. They'd interest me as teachers to start out. Whatever interested me though.

I would travel a bit. I occasionally watch videos of a British fellow who replicates swords of different types and various weaponry, siege engines and even a mini cross bow he inspected he gets access to some incredible collections to study before he replicates some ancient weapons using as much as he can of the techniques and materials used in those times. Some amazing things are made in his workshop. If time and money was no issue I'd love to learn from him after getting the basics down with the brothers from NZ. They might have work elsewhere. But I'm sure I could find somewhere to learn the basics.

Anyway offseason. Rabbling with plans of how I'm spending Tuesday's lotto win already in the wrong thread. I'll ruin the surprise for myself. It might be a relief that I won't be around as much to post between all my hobbies and becoming super fit since I can get all the facilities to work out and swim my way to pro athlete level fitness through physical hobbies, an incredible diverse delicious diet from a brilliant chef I'll scalp from a great restaurant, not a head chef, but someone that can cook anything I ask for. A personal trainer will help with the health transformation. But anyway enough rabbling. I'll try and get some photos of both cars if I can. The Messerschmitt restoration journey was great to watch bit by bit. I might ask my cousin if I can reconstruct the journey as a series to post it here and give them a copy of the complete journey to post to her social media. All projects to not start at 4.15am when you work in 5.5 hours.

Too long didn't read. Quick rundown.

- Funny meme reminded me I loved Lego as a kid. Will relive childhood fantasy with portion of Tuesdays 30 mill Oz lotto winnings.
- Funny meme reminded me of car restoration projects from people I know
- Rabbling about hobbies started with lotto winnings (shuddup I know it's my time if I can only want it enough).

End long post.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either this guy
Screenshot_20231014_121606_One UI Home.jpg
is getting lucky tonight or going to bed with no dinner