The fall and fall of Bulldogs players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dallas Mcllwain
2007 - down to 12 men after SBW sent off for hammering A Johns, behind in the final minutes when General makes a break and just the fullback to beat, draws the fullback and passes on the chest to McIlwain who drops it cold with the tryline begging.

Should have been hung after that game, don't care where he is now.

C

chipandchase

Played really well for Wenty last year in NSW Cup.. Than, ever since, it has been all a big mystery. Looked everywhere, but only records in 2011 with Wenty since he left the Dogs. I think leaving the Dogs ruined his career. He is a former Junior Kiwi and Tongan International. The kid could have been the next Kasiano. They are similar size..

paki was woeful last year for wenty and his attitude to training was the same. parra were going to release him even before he played his first game his attitude was that bad and it transformed to his footy.
he was a sensation for us in toyota cup, real shame he wasted his talent.

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What about our junior that was dubbed the next SBW but turned out to be a dud? I forgot his name FFS

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he went to the sharks on massive money, then got sacked after playing like 3 games,was at parra last year and im pretty sure he trialled with us at the start of the year

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
Who was the bloke that broke down with injury before he had a chance to shine? Was looking really hopeful and ended up retiring after blowing out (I think it was his knee) 2 times in 2 seasons. Was a second rower/prop and played for us a few years back.

It wasn't Dean Vicelich, but he was another hopeful who strangely kept injuring himself every time he scored. Wierd!

not totally sure but was that Justin Tsoulos ? i think he came from Parra. or was it somebody else ?

P

Paint.

Who was that winger/flb who we had in NSW Cup for 2-3 years and he retired cause of a knee injury?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
not totally sure but was that Justin Tsoulos ? i think he came from Parra. or was it somebody else ?
That's the bloke I'm thinking of.

Had a bright future, but was too injury prone.

Who was that winger/flb who we had in NSW Cup for 2-3 years and he retired cause of a knee injury?
Recent or old? Aussie / Islander or Kiwi?

Not Cameron Phelps? Nick Taylor? Nathan Massey?

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Justin Murphy gives footy tips on the Darling Downs Win news .........................

he didnt pick the dogs this week

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There have been a few players who have failed to live up the the Kennel hype.

I remember Marvin Karawana was apparently the next Benji or something like that. He went to newcastle and played a few years as a utility and back up player. Didnt get much field time though. Its good to see Daniel Harrison finally getting some first grade at Manly. Looks to have bulked up and not getting smashed as much, reminds me a bit of Hindmarsh. These guys are probably not the best example of players that didnt make it but they failed to live up the the Kennel hype who had them as all stars.

Namila Davui was another was. Was a seriously fast player. Was named to debut for the dogs cause Hazem was injured or back up for origin??? Cant rememebr but he ended up playing and Namila never saw first grade. Also another one was Brett Howland. Was one of the fastest players in the league when he came to the dogs, played half a season of first grade then spent the next 2-3 years in reserve grade.

Dogandgunner

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
leon bott?? rookie of the year at the broncos, then moved to the dogs and disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.