The Consolidated WWE Superthread

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I used to watch WWF back in the day during the Attitude Era and into the early 2000s so I'd thought I'd tune into Smackdown over the weekend.

Is it just me or is the quality of wrestling decreased since the time I used to watch? It appears way more obvious and scripted than ever before. Is it just me or was I that young and naive back in the day to notice?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I used to watch WWF back in the day during the Attitude Era and into the early 2000s so I'd thought I'd tune into Smackdown over the weekend.

Is it just me or is the quality of wrestling decreased since the time I used to watch? It appears way more obvious and scripted than ever before. Is it just me or was I that young and naive back in the day to notice?
The psychology of wrestling is dead, they rush between moves and big spots without any understanding of the flow of a match. AEW is even worse, sadly you won’t see a Bret Hart / Shawn Michaels 60 minute iron man match again

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score

It is obvious and stilted because the bookers are no good. Jim Cornette (a former booker) used to say that, if the bookers are doing their job, the audience should not be aware that bookers are even a part of the production.

Vince ran the WWF/WWE with an iron fist for close to forty years, and employed a "creative team" (bookers) who had daily conferences to hash out upcoming programmes. If they failed to perform, they didn't last long. Vince himself had the final say, and had a happy knack of being able to predict, most of the time, what would go over with the fans, and what would not. Now the head of "creative" is Paul Levesque, whose career highlight was marrying the boss's daughter.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wasn't it meant to be his time last year at WrestleMania?
He's more popular now than ever before. I think now is the right time.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wasn't it meant to be his time last year at WrestleMania?
It was. Cody wasn't just a wrestler at AEW, he was part of the management, and Vince brought him back to be the new face of WWE, because he had enough sense to realize the Reigns/Bloodline angle had cobwebs on it. Vince then turned his attention to flogging off WWE for a kings ransom, and left Paul Levesque in charge. Levesque isn't as smart as Vince (to put it mildly) and thought he could squeeze a few more drops of juice from the Bloodline, and so Cody missed out.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
1708919623554.png

Ok time for my Elimination Chamber: Perth wrap.

1. Didn't see it, so don't know, don't care

2. While I really wanted Liv Morgan to win (and I thought she deserved it considering it was her 5th EC), I knew that they would have Becky Lynch win simply so she could challenge Rhea Ripley at WM in what would be a very brutal match. That has WWE written all over it.

3. The match was good until DM kept on interferring. New Catch Republic actually should have won. It was a pretty good match considering it was Tag Team which is generally boring.

The segment with Seth Rollins, Cody Rhodes, Grayson Waller and Austin Theory segment was just a piss break and waste of time. They were just filling in the time slot there and it was completely useless, boring, and achieved nothing.

4. Again, another good match but was over-shadowed by Logan Paul (the Karmichael) interfering. Randy Orton was the best performer in that match and his RKO on Logan Paul to eliminate him was epic. Drew vs Seth Rollins at WM was something I saw coming though.

5. Easily the best match of the night, and was as physical as everyone thought it would be, despite it being very predictable that Rhea was going to win.

Pretty solid without being spectacular type of event.

6/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
There was a guy holding a sign that said "this should be in Sydney" which I found hilarious when Rhea was making her entrance.

This was obviously a big tourism promo for Western Australia, but I do wish that NSW would have a big WWE PPV here, but that won't be happening anytime soon.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
View attachment 103068
Ok time for my Elimination Chamber: Perth wrap.

1. Didn't see it, so don't know, don't care

2. While I really wanted Liv Morgan to win (and I thought she deserved it considering it was her 5th EC), I knew that they would have Becky Lynch win simply so she could challenge Rhea Ripley at WM in what would be a very brutal match. That has WWE written all over it.

3. The match was good until DM kept on interferring. New Catch Republic actually should have won. It was a pretty good match considering it was Tag Team which is generally boring.

The segment with Seth Rollins, Cody Rhodes, Grayson Waller and Austin Theory segment was just a piss break and waste of time. They were just filling in the time slot there and it was completely useless, boring, and achieved nothing.

4. Again, another good match but was over-shadowed by Logan Paul (the Karmichael) interfering. Randy Orton was the best performer in that match and his RKO on Logan Paul to eliminate him was epic. Drew vs Seth Rollins at WM was something I saw coming though.

5. Easily the best match of the night, and was as physical as everyone thought it would be, despite it being very predictable that Rhea was going to win.

Pretty solid without being spectacular type of event.

6/10
How was Orton the best performer? He spent the majority of the time lying down because he re-injured his back.

The Grayson Waller effect I think is to turn Austin Theory face.

Wahesh

Reaction score
How was Orton the best performer? He spent the majority of the time lying down because he re-injured his back.

The Grayson Waller effect I think is to turn Austin Theory face.
Well all the other guys pretty much performed as we thought they would. I just thought Orton did some awesome moves considering his injured back angle. His RKO was as epic as I've ever seen. I do think though that it was simply to set up a showdown with him and Logan Paul at WM which may involve a title changing hands.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watched the men’s elimination match and then watched the 2002 version. It’s so pathetic today it should be scrapped

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There was a guy holding a sign that said "this should be in Sydney" which I found hilarious when Rhea was making her entrance.

This was obviously a big tourism promo for Western Australia, but I do wish that NSW would have a big WWE PPV here, but that won't be happening anytime soon.
I think America was awake for the men’s chamber and Reahs match. Pretty much the whole Sydney ppv would be impossible for them to watch

Wahesh

Reaction score
I think America was awake for the men’s chamber and Reahs match. Pretty much the whole Sydney ppv would be impossible for them to watch
They did it in Melbourne in 2018. It's possible especially with the WWE app were people can watch whatever they want at a time that's convenient to them.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Rock seemed to have a touch of the Joe Bidens in Friday's Smackdown: he kept forgetting that the script has him down as a heel. He was quite maudlin about the city he was in (Memphis), and he had the live audience in his pocket. The only vaguely heelish thing he did was to bag his opponents in Wrestlemania, who are currently popular faces.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is having second thoughts about the idea of turning heel. He is the best that has ever been at cutting promos and working a live audience, and these qualities made him the most beloved babyface WWE ever had. Earlier in his long career, he had a couple of stints as a heel - and he sucked at it, just as he is sucking at it now!

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Rock seemed to have a touch of the Joe Bidens in Friday's Smackdown: he kept forgetting that the script has him down as a heel. He was quite maudlin about the city he was in (Memphis), and he had the live audience in his pocket. The only vaguely heelish thing he did was to bag his opponents in Wrestlemania, who are currently popular faces.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is having second thoughts about the idea of turning heel. He is the best that has ever been at cutting promos and working a live audience, and these qualities made him the most beloved babyface WWE ever had. Earlier in his long career, he had a couple of stints as a heel - and he sucked at it, just as he is sucking at it now!
The entire time during this heel turn on his Insta he basically tries to remind everyone he is a good guy. How good was it to hear the 2003 Hollywood rock theme hnng