The Consolidated NFL Thread

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great game by the Broncos D. Panthers were outplayed. Couple calls didn't go the Panthers way but that was a dominate display by the Broncos defense.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Problem is Osweiler isn't a franchise quarterback I reckon he is best as a backup
Is an ageing Manning a better option for the whole season though?

Interesting fact, all three Mannings - Archie, Peyton and Eli - have posted a 0.0 passer rating game in their careers.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Osweiler has the arm and smarts to be a franchise QB

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol by relying on his defense to get them the win. Todays SB win for the Broncos had nothing to do with Manning been an elite QB. He kept the Panthers in the game. He was elite every year except this year where he was absolutely terrible all year.
Haha. It was more of a shot at Newton than praise for Manning. Terrible is harsh, IMO. Granted it wasn't vintage Manning but harsh is a strong word.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha. It was more of a shot at Newton than praise for Manning. Terrible is harsh, IMO. Granted it wasn't vintage Manning but harsh is a strong word.
Nah..I gotta agree with Marsh. Manning was terrible. His legacy will live on regardless of his efforts today. But speaking on this game alone, he was plain shit!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jay Cutler is terrible, Peyton had an interrupted year. Terrible is harsh.

I'm happy for him. It would've been a shame if his dud brother ended up with more rings than him.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay Cutler is terrible, Peyton had an interrupted year. Terrible is harsh.

I'm happy for him. It would've been a shame if his dud brother ended up with more rings than him.
He was terrible though. Threw 17 ints and only 9 TDs in 9 games. If he plays another year, he'll just be padding his stats.

IMO he is the G.O.A.T. I would take him in his prime over any QB (Except Cam Newton when he reaches his prime lol).

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
He was terrible though. Threw 17 ints and only 9 TDs in 9 games. If he plays another year, he'll just be padding his stats.

IMO he is the G.O.A.T. I would take him in his prime over any QB (Except Cam Newton when he reaches his prime lol).
Cam has peaked ;) hehe

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The G.O.A.T has finally retired. Now all the talk will start, is he the best ever?

My top 3 QBs are -

1. Peyton Manning
2. Brett Favre
3. Joe Montana

I watched a lot of the top 2 play, pretty much their whole careers, but Montana mostly highlights and some games. Of course, Tom Brady will be on my list once he retires.

Who are your top 3?

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
Favre, Starr, Rodgers ;)

hahaha. Nah I couldn't pick a top 3, Peyton, Brady and Favre are my three modern day/my era QBs.

All time...Starr, Staubach, Young, Elway, Montana, Marino, Unitas, Tarkenton, Bradshaw, Aikman...can't really narrow it down

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Favre, Starr, Rodgers ;)

hahaha. Nah I couldn't pick a top 3, Peyton, Brady and Favre are my three modern day/my era QBs.

All time...Starr, Staubach, Young, Elway, Montana, Marino, Unitas, Tarkenton, Bradshaw, Aikman...can't really narrow it down
Lol Rodgers will be in my top 2 when he retires.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Broncos lose both QB's in the space of a few days sucks to be them gonna be interesting times for the Broncos now have a decent team but need a decent QB to steer them around. Talk of maybe RGIII going there but honestly I don't see that as a good fit to be honest I reckon they should go for Kapernik but don't see the 49ers releasing him

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos lose both QB's in the space of a few days sucks to be them gonna be interesting times for the Broncos now have a decent team but need a decent QB to steer them around. Talk of maybe RGIII going there but honestly I don't see that as a good fit to be honest I reckon they should go for Kapernik but don't see the 49ers releasing him
RG3 is a better QB than Kaepernick will ever be. He actually knows how to pass and be a pocket QB unlike Kaep.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
just need someone to steer the ship

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Brady's suspension upheld by the appeals court. Sucked in to the cheating scum. So glad it is Brady they chose to make an example of!!!!

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
lol suspension are so soft in the NFL. 4 games for systematic cheating...4 games for performance enhancing drugs lol

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Anyone watch the draft?

Cowboys picked Ezekiel Elliott and gambled on injured LB Jaylon Smith.

One of my heroes, Emmitt Smith reckons Elliott is better than he was and there is talk they are already labelling him Rookie of the Year.

Also the commentators reckon Jaylon Smith is the best player in the draft.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone watch the draft?

Cowboys picked Ezekiel Elliott and gambled on injured LB Jaylon Smith.
Yup I watched both days soo far. Probably wont watch tomorrow. Elliot will be beasty behind the Boys' OLine. They shouldve picked up Myles Jack or DE Noah Spence since both their starting DEs are suspended first 4 games.