NBA The Consolidated NBA Thread

Malla

Reaction score
Does anyone here play fantasy basketball? I run an 8 team Dynasty league where you basically keep the same players every year and add players through the draft. 1 guy just dropped out so I have 1 spot open for anyone interested.
keen

Malla

Reaction score
Yeah thats allgood, but atleast GSW didnt cry to the media for "help" , and Durant isnt the best player on earth. Oh well, not everyone can be MJ. Seriously if his help isnt good enough the "king" will be asking for some more LOL. BArkleys bang on the money, lets see. Current champs, check. Best player on earth, check. Kyrie and Love allstars check. Smith, Chumpert and Thompson all from the Kings wishes, check. Korver yet another peice, check. Melo soon to be coming check. If that doesnt work watch him beg for blake and CP, check.
You do know that there was a story that came out recently from the Bulls owner where MJ came to him demanding help in the early 90s when he couldnt get past the Pistons lol? Not everyone can be MJ? NOBODY can be MJ but nobody can be Lebron either. Barkley is completely off the mark with his comments, because Shaq said it best - he wouldnt understand what a team needs to go back to back because he has never been in that position. From a novice looking in, I see where Barkley is comign from though.

The only difference between whats happening in Cleveland and what happened at the Warriors is that a player is initiating the moves in Cleveland which to me tells you how far behind ownership is in making decisions to win titles, which makes sense given where the franchise came from. Warriors have the logo on their side - they're light years ahead of most teams.

Malla

Reaction score
Oh oh but he's doing it because GSW are so easy to beat, anyone can beat them like UTAH, just lol.

Cavs arent even getting out of the East, they are ripe for the picking now.
Nah I still can't see anybody getting passed the Cavs - as shit as they look at the moment, they have too much for any other team in the east. Barring major injury - they should still stroll through the East and probably get blown out by the Dubs in the finals tho.

Malla

Reaction score
btw everyone knows Durant is a metal midget. He wont be and isnt discussed as the GOAT, LBJ is. The so called "king" begging for help is not a good look tbh, but like I said not everyone can be like Mike.
Nobody is Mike and nobody will be Mike - get that out of the way.

Lebron asking for help isn't anything new bro - everybody does it. Only difference is he actually went to the media which was probably a wrong thing to do but I get why he did that to put pressure on the franchise.

As for Durant - it's a damn shame he doesnt have the metal for it. If he had the toughness of Russ, he would be unstoppable and better than Lebron and anybody else in the league.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah I still can't see anybody getting passed the Cavs - as shit as they look at the moment, they have too much for any other team in the east. Barring major injury - they should still stroll through the East and probably get blown out by the Dubs in the finals tho.
MAte Im just winding up Roddy. Most of us know who it will be in the finals.

I could see the Spurs tipping them over, probably not, but I wouldnt right them off. I can see LBJ and the Cavs winning. Even though I think it will be those two teams i think there will be a good series or two in the play offs. I think Boston and Washington could give the Cavs a good series, it wont be enough to win but should be good tv.

Even the MJ stuff was a G up. I'll cut it out.

Malla

Reaction score
MAte Im just winding up Roddy. Most of us know who it will be in the finals.

I could see the Spurs tipping them over, probably not, but I wouldnt right them off. I can see LBJ and the Cavs winning. Even though I think it will be those two teams i think there will be a good series or two in the play offs. I think Boston and Washington could give the Cavs a good series, it wont be enough to win but should be good tv.

Even the MJ stuff was a G up. I'll cut it out.
All G.

If the finals were tomorrow, Warriors are probably sweeping the Cavs. They have a long way to go to fix some of the issues on that team but in saying that I dont think they have been fully healthy this season yet. See what happens but I can't see anybody touching Warriors.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cavs are 13-10 against the West this season. They need to improve big time

Malla

Reaction score
Cavs are 13-10 against the West this season. They need to improve big time
No their concern - the only one that matters is the 1-1 against Warriors.

Lets be real - they're not going to have to face anyone but the Warriors from the West to win the league.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
cavs are going to cruse to the playoffs, same with warriors who are getting beat down by denver atm

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Denver equaled a record 24 threes during the game.

How much of a freak is Jokic. Im late to his band wagon but by golly he can play

Malla

Reaction score

How much of a freak is Jokic. Im late to his band wagon but by golly he can play
He's awesome. Denver are a pretty good team - they play inside out which is a rarety in todays game but it in particular works when they're up against pure jump shooting teams like Warriors and Denver are dropping their 3's.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
He's awesome. Denver are a pretty good team - they play inside out which is a rarety in todays game but it in particular works when they're up against pure jump shooting teams like Warriors and Denver are dropping their 3's.
Do you know much about about Nurkic? He was meant to be their starter at seasons beginning.
Im a Portland fan and we traded Nurkic + 1st rnd pick for Plumlee.
I know Plumlee is a restricted free agent at the end of the year so this is a move that helps us with $$. Plumlee was excellent for us. Big passing centre who takes boards but we do need a rim protector.
Apparently there is a deep draft this year too.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

clevelands 25 threes in the playoffs should be the record

Malla

Reaction score
Nurkic is excellent has a high ceiling but unfortunately dropped in the pecking order because of the sudden rise of Jokic. Turkic will be good for Blazers because now they have somebody that can play with his back to the basket and create space for McColumn and Lillard with his post play. He can shoot too so players can't sag off him. Plumlee was excellent but a defensive player if anything so this pick up is good.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Do you know much about about Nurkic? He was meant to be their starter at seasons beginning.
Im a Portland fan and we traded Nurkic + 1st rnd pick for Plumlee.
I know Plumlee is a restricted free agent at the end of the year so this is a move that helps us with $$. Plumlee was excellent for us. Big passing centre who takes boards but we do need a rim protector.
Apparently there is a deep draft this year too.
The pick is from Memphis which wont be a good pick. Nurkic is a good player but Plumlee has been really good this season. Portland stuffed up with the Crabbe and Turner contracts.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

On offense he might be better all-round than KAT, AD and Embiid.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
My new pick is GSW vs Boston in the finals, unless King James gets him some more help.
Boston wont even make the ECF. Washington are better than them