The centre merry go round

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We are the laughing stock of the comp with our backline recruitment this off-season. The broncs, eels and manly all signed gun backs and we sign hopoate. What a joke.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Go support the roosters
Bit harsh rexest
i usually agree with u on most things but the member has some valid points bud
why can't we strengthen or fill positions which we have needed for over 3 years now for eg
why can other clubs release and sign upgrades within a matter of days
doesnt mean I don't want to support the dogs, I support the club and players but I don't have to support the management or recruitment retards

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know a Parramatta Eels board member and he was making fun of Hoppa coming to The Dogs. They didnt want him. He also wouldnt let me forget loko.
Tell him keep laughing whilst we make finals and gfs and they collect spoons lol
Also they signed hoppa on this huge joke of a deal
Signed sandow on crazy money to do **** all
Signed watmough who is past it and doesn't want to be there

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But since then have acknowledged their errors and pissed both floppa and sandow off and corrected them with Foran and Jennings. I hate parrascum more than anyone but already they can identify a weakness and address it accordingly in 2016!!!

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bit harsh rexest
why can't we strengthen or fill positions which we have needed for over 3 years now for eg
doesnt mean I don't want to support the dogs, I support the club and players but I don't have to support the management or recruitment retards

Blokes having a bat over the roostets depth don't think he realises that they just lost maloney and 1 of the best fbs in the game rts.. oh and jennings.

Last edited by a moderator:

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the fact that we have made the semi finals consistently over the last few years has made us very complacent in terms of recruitment......whereas other clubs like the eels have been forced to clear the decks because of their poor performances each year....this has freed up alot of money fot the them to go on a shopping spree.....but just because u make the semis consistently doesnt mean u dont strengthen your squad in key positions....particularly your depth......we need a wake up call when it comes to recruitment.....and it may mean umfortunately for the club to miss out on the semis one year for crusher cleal to get off his but and find us the next rising stars....i hate the roosters.....but u cant help admire how well they recruit....and it would help if hasler stopped spending 600k on players like trex

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the fact that we have made the semi finals consistently over the last few years has made us very complacent in terms of recruitment......whereas other clubs like the eels have been forced to clear the decks because of their poor performances each year....this has freed up alot of money fot the them to go on a shopping spree.....but just because u make the semis consistently doesnt mean u dont strengthen your squad in key positions....particularly your depth......we need a wake up call when it comes to recruitment.....and it may mean umfortunately for the club to miss out on the semis one year for crusher cleal to get off his but and find us the next rising stars....i hate the roosters.....but u cant help admire how well they recruit....and it would help if hasler stopped spending 600k on players like trex
You're not happy we bought Trex for 600k but applaud Parramatta's recruitment? They are paying Foran like 1mill per season. If he gets injured they are screwed royally. They also have 2 five eighths like us. We're still the stronger side but they have caught up a bit.
I'd rather our position than the wooden spoons they've collected over the same period.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I dont care that we didnt go mad recruiting this offseason. We didnt need to imo. Hopoate will go well this year and cant think of anyone i want replaced. Just some better luck this year and maybe some better coaching from des is all we need to be a force this year. We made equal 4th in a year everything went wrong so it wouldnt take much to improve.

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont care that we didnt go mad recruiting this offseason. We didnt need to imo. Hopoate will go well this year and cant think of anyone i want replaced. Just some better luck this year and maybe some better coaching from des is all we need to be a force this year. We made equal 4th in a year everything went wrong so it wouldnt take much to improve.
Don't be silly bro we need to sign every superstar that comes off contract even if were not weak in those areas and our caps not far from maxed our centers have not been an issue since the days of winitana and nanai.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bit harsh rexest
That last sentence sums up the way I feel about a team I've supported for 54 years.

How long have we had the problem with our halves?
How long have we had the right side centre/ wing problem?
How long have we been without an established fullback?
How long do we put up with JMoz running on one leg?
How long has the biggest forward pack in the comp been dominated by nearly everyone?
And now there's BMoz with stem cell surgery on his knee which means he is stuffed.

THe Bulldogs have got a football team problem that starts at the CEO, then the Board throught to recruitment and retentionand then the super coach Dessie Hasbeen.

Raelene Castle might be doing nicely as far as the club's bank account goes but as a rugby league head honcho she's as useful as an ashtray on a motor bike.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That last sentence sums up the way I feel about a team I've supported for 54 years.

How long have we had the problem with our halves?
How long have we had the right side centre/ wing problem?
How long have we been without an established fullback?
How long do we put up with JMoz running on one leg?
How long has the biggest forward pack in the comp been dominated by nearly everyone?
And now there's BMoz with stem cell surgery on his knee which means he is stuffed.

THe Bulldogs have got a football team problem that starts at the CEO, then the Board throught to recruitment and retentionand then the super coach Dessie Hasbeen.

Raelene Castle might be doing nicely as far as the club's bank account goes but as a rugby league head honcho she's as useful as an ashtray on a motor bike.
Whinger, stop over exaggerating things.

Izzy Forreal

2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whinger, stop over exaggerating things.
Whingwr? Overexaggerator?

I'm neither od of the above XXX. All I wrote was a statement of fact.

If I was wrong in any of them I'll cop it on the chin; but first give me examples of where, why and how.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Out of all the names mentioned there is only player that I wish we signed. That player would have been Sezer. This guy might not be an out and out star but he knows how to control a game. The last few years he has carved us up each time, and not by being individually brilliant, but doing the little things like a quick inside ball or a great kick.

You can have the best backline or forward pack in the world but you need a half controlling and directing play. I know 2012 we didn't have great halves but we had Barba. 2014 we were unlucky as we had Hodkinson playing on one leg. Even though we just scrapped in the finals in 2014 we some how clicked and smashed the storm , we were blowing manly off the park right upto Hodkinsons injury.The same with last year we were playing good footy until he was injured against the knights.

Lets see how our halves go, if they click we should finish top 4 if not then we are making up the numbers.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whingwr? Overexaggerator?

I'm neither od of the above XXX. All I wrote was a statement of fact.

If I was wrong in any of them I'll cop it on the chin; but first give me examples of where, why and how.

"how long have we been without an established fullback"
0 years. Brett Morris is a more than capable fullback. look at his stats (especially with ball in hand). We don't need a ball playing fullback just because thats how others play.

"Jmoz on one leg"
He is a premier centre and one of the strongest in his position. How can we upgrade on him? Don't say james roberts

Our forward pack dominated by nearly everyone?

hmm... it got dominated in portions of some games but never really got dominated totally.

Bmoz being stuffed because of his knee surgery.
no one knows... you are viewing it in a negative light

You are pretty much making up problems so that you have something to complain about

Izzy Forreal

2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
O
"how long have we been without an established fullback"
0 years. Brett Morris is a more than capable fullback. look at his stats (especially with ball in hand). We don't need a ball playing fullback just because thats how others play.

"Jmoz on one leg"
He is a premier centre and one of the strongest in his position. How can we upgrade on him? Don't say james roberts

Our forward pack dominated by nearly
hmm... it got dominated in portions of some games but never really got dominated totally.

Bmoz being stuffed because of his knee surgery.
no one knows... you are viewing it in a negative light

You are pretty much making up problems so that you have something to complain about

Okay. You've got your opinion of the team, I've got mine and we're not going to achieve anything with keyboards at 20 paces. So let's see what happens in 2016.

And by the way I'd love to be wrong and see the Bulldogs all fit,fired up and bring the premiership trophy home.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are the laughing stock of the comp with our backline recruitment this off-season. The broncs, eels and manly all signed gun backs and we sign hopoate. What a joke.
Im with u bro
god forbid we sign someone whom is actually fast and explosive

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Blokes having a bat over the roostets depth don't think he realises that they just lost maloney and 1 of the best fbs in the game rts.. oh and jennings.
Ok fair enough rexest point taken.
I just want my team to be the strongest in the Comp

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would've signed rts at any cost.
imagine a spine of rts, Moses and cook
it would be the quickest in the history of the NRL and provide points galore

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of all the names mentioned there is only player that I wish we signed. That player would have been Sezer. This guy might not be an out and out star but he knows how to control a game. The last few years he has carved us up each time, and not by being individually brilliant, but doing the little things like a quick inside ball or a great kick.

You can have the best backline or forward pack in the world but you need a half controlling and directing play. I know 2012 we didn't have great halves but we had Barba. 2014 we were unlucky as we had Hodkinson playing on one leg. Even though we just scrapped in the finals in 2014 we some how clicked and smashed the storm , we were blowing manly off the park right upto Hodkinsons injury.The same with last year we were playing good footy until he was injured against the knights.

Lets see how our halves go, if they click we should finish top 4 if not then we are making up the numbers.
I agree our team would look better if we had Sezer in it. You put him next to Mbye and our halves are more balanced.

The only problem is Sezer will never come back to the Dogs so it's really getting old when people keep mentioning him like it's a possibility. If we are going to wish for a half may as well aim.higher and hope for Thurston. Then bash out recruitmemt when we don't get him.

Status
Not open for further replies.