Rumour The Canterbury Bulldogs will offer Gold Coast Titans forward Tino Fa’asuamaleaui a $4 million contract – and a share in a pub

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Titans aren’t smart hey…

Insert the coaching clause into two of their star’s contracts then sack the coach? Surely they did their due diligence before making that situations
Gus would of been sacked by now if we did something that fkn stupid.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s actually perfect for us that they’re both on the market now. We were always going to have to pay overs but not as much seeing as though hopefully we can play them both against eachother. One might be afraid to lose out on our war chest
You just never know what comes up. This is why Gus always talks about patience. If we had thrown big $’s at the first forward that comes off contract just for the sake of signing someone then we may not have had the opportunity to make a play for one or both of these

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I agree .. would love to see the club announce he’s joining as our attack coach .. that would be a smart move ..
Read today that Cowboys are keen to get him as an assistant. I'd say they are a very good chance now with Young gone. Roosters be a solid chance with Ryles likely to move on.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read today that Cowboys are keen to get him as an assistant. I'd say they are a very good chance now with Young gone. Roosters be a solid chance with Ryles likely to move on.
Bugger … would love to see him back at the club ..

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Justin Holbrook would be an insane get imo. Had the Titans playing great attacking football his entire time there and he could be a major play card in getting Tino
Maybe they only met with Holbrook to get the inside goss on what it would take to get Tino ..

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Tino or haas would be amazing. Both…. Wow. What a pack. Our biggest weakest to biggest strength lol.

Dreams are free right? I’d be stoked with 1! We need 1 alpha. Both are the best options in the league. Young and alphas.

We have the money to sign Tino for next year. Haas for 25….

Need to nail one of these at worst. Over to you Gus and Laundry.

Last edited:

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why don’t they offer Tino free booze for life after footy

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Holebrook ends up at Knights.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Tino or haas would be amazing. Both…. Wow. What a pack. Our biggest weakest to biggest strength lol.

Dreams are free right? I’d be stoked with 1! We need 1 alpha. Both are the best options in the league. Young and alphas.

We have the money to sign Tino for next year. Haas for 25….

Need to nail one of these at worst. Over to you Gus and Laundry.
Absolute steam train of a front row partnership there. I’m not going to pretend I have access to Gus’ spreadsheet but I think that’s only remotely possible if Thommo & TPJ are not re-resigned at the end of their contracts.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tino Fa’asuamaleaui has activated the free agent clause in his contract with the Bulldogs leading a long line of clubs interested in luring the Origin star on potentially $1.1 million a season.

The front row enforcer had a clause in his contract that allowed him to negotiate with rivals if Justin Holbrook was sacked in a potential disaster repercussion for the Titans.

“Tino Fa’asuamaleaui has activated his free agent clause,” Yvonne Sampson said on Fox League after a report from The Courier Mail.

“The Titans captain you would think would be able to name his price at any club that would be a great fit for him.

“This would be a monumental loss for the Titans, but they have the capacity to go to $1 million next year and then $1.1 million in 2025.

“Is that the sort of money that Fa’asuamaleaui is commanding?”

“Absolutely he is right at the top of the tree when you talking about middles,” Greg Alexander said.

“He is as good as they come, so that is the sort of money you would need to pay to either keep him or lure him away.”

Michael Ennis believes clubs will be lining up for a player of the calibre of the Titans captain and he could be the difference to turn a team into a title winning side

“He went to the Titans on the back of some great potential that he showed at the Storm, but Melbourne at that stage were stacked and the Titans were in desperate need of a marquee forward,” Ennis said.

“And he has delivered in spades. I can absolutely understand why he is testing the open market.

“And I think every single club will try and find a way to fit Tino into their roster. He is that good. I have not seen Tino have a bad game.

Bulldogs coach Cameron Ciraldo confirmed the Bulldogs would be interested in the Queensland prop.

“We are trying to build a squad and we have got salary cap space available for quality players,” Ciraldo said.

“I’m sure if Tino became available we might have those conversations, but at the moment we haven’t had those conversations.”

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
Not worth 1.2 mil.

Also they need to ask Reeds permission because he broke his jaw on the field.