Rumour The Canterbury Bulldogs will offer Gold Coast Titans forward Tino Fa’asuamaleaui a $4 million contract – and a share in a pub

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There goes our chance for tino than nrl stepped in and denied it well he will go to melbourne or stay at titans
What have they denied? (beyond cold, hard reality?)
What is stopping Arthur sharing his experience to advise (for free) Tino & his management on how to establish a profitable pub?

If it's "too close" and becomes controversial, Arthur can tell someone, to tell someone how (and where) to do it, and pass it onto Tino.
How is this any different to a "business network" at other clubs "sharing expertise" (for example: no interest home & business loans, shares in unrelated businesses, financial advice, etc)?

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course they’ll block it. The NRL doesn’t want the bulldogs to succeed.
It’s ok for the storm and roosters to give there players all sorts of handouts, but no, not the dogs.
Its solely a third party agreement so i dont think they can block it just have to be informed

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
What have they denied? (beyond cold, hard reality?)
What is stopping Arthur sharing his experience to advise (for free) Tino & his management on how to establish a profitable pub?

If it's "too close" and becomes controversial, Arthur can tell someone, to tell someone how (and where) to do it, and pass it onto Tino.
How is this any different to a "business network" at other clubs "sharing expertise" (for example: no interest home & business loans, shares in unrelated businesses, financial advice, etc)?
The difference is "it's the Bulldogs, no way".

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The difference is "it's the Bulldogs, no way".
I guess what I'm saying (without saying) is: "How would they even know?", and even if they did" "What are they enforcing (denying)?"
It would be like saying Brandon Smith isn't allowed to own a Ford, because Uncle Nick told him which one he should get (yes, I know the correct answer is: None of them :tonguewink: ).

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don’t think there’s any Nrl bias against the Bulldogs, I just don’t feel, like a lot of clubs, we make their priority agenda list …

Ratings require the Storm to be a powerhouse club, they have little to no development, they have a state/city to themselves, it’s an AFL stronghold and if they flounder the Nrl would lose those Victorian ratings, so the Nrl will go to lengths to make sure they stay a very strong club .. they’ll be approved to make their deals to stay strong.

Souths have influential backing, their backers control TV, radio and have gambling ties, plus they have big name American contacts, and the Nrl want to move into America ..

Going by Willie Masons podcast the Roosters have some of the richest and most powerful men in Australia backing them, people who also control big media etc.

Bronco’s pull the biggest ratings in Australia, the money they pull from TV rights, live crowds, origin, magic round etc is massive, it’s not in the Nrl’s interests to have them a bottom of the table club ..

What do us lowly clubs bring to the table, Bulldogs already have one of the biggest rusted on fan bases in Sydney … we don’t really have anyone that’s media, ratings or globally influential … our ratings stats have probably stayed the same year in year out win or lose ..

Most other clubs are the same … clubs like Cowboys, Parra, Panthers, Bulldogs, Warriors etc. what do they offer but making up the numbers, they’ll pop up from time to time to keep things interesting, but they’re already well established, so they’ll get no favours …

When the Nrl want expansion in NZ we’ll probably see them take off and come onto the priority list to prop them up for a while …

So no bias, it’s just unlike some other clubs, we’re just in charge of our own rescue, and we won’t get any special deals favours or hand outs, for us it’s sink or swim …

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the nrl wont change there mine for dogs or is it to late
Mate I would be surprised if the article was even true, and if it was Tino and management probably didn’t even seriously consider it, they’ll just ride this wave and see what extra zero’s and investment opportunities the Titans put on the table, when they’re happy with their new bigger purse … he’ll say thank you very much and stay exactly where he is ..

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
GUS...... Don't do it.... the Dogs will regret it.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old rent a quote Laundy can’t help himself. He did the same thing a few years ago when he bagged out Penrith for not releasing Burto.

His money is obviously welcome but this is one of the dumbest stories ever. A lot of people have compared it to the storm situation with their players getting offered investment opportunities with their chairman’s gambling company.

One big difference. That got played out behind closed doors. Other clubs probably didn’t even know about it.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The former is true, the latter is not.
Arthur is one of the most genuine and grounded people you can meet. He doesn’t need to sponsor the club to grow his businesses, in fact it’s the opposite - he’s giving back to the area that gave him his start in business. He has a genuine interest in ensuring footballers manage their money over the long term and don’t blow it all before they turn 40. He’s also involved in mentoring players on preparing for post football life. Sorry that you have a beef with booze or gambling or whatever it is and won’t buy a jersey, but the suggestion that Arthur is a leach is completely wrong.
Yeh a poor and ill-informed comment.
I love Arthur, I'd be down for investing in a pub if your reading A.L.
*Six figures injection may be an issue but we can discuss the dollars in due course :p

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Are the flogs on nrLOL360 right? If Uncle Arthur didn't offer his money back it would of been ok?

Malla

Reaction score
Wow I was wrong. Buzz and Reedy actually saying that want Laundy to be able to do this. Interesting.