Opinion Thank god potter isn’t coach next season

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
People will expect instant success though. It’s going to be a mixed year next year, I doubt we see what we did in 09 or 12 which is what people will expect. There’s still alot of players that need to go and we’re lacking in key positions.
Agree 100%

If 2023 is only a springboard into 2024 then I'm fine with that.

2022 is a written off car with a half decent driver (Burton).

CC has to be a master mechanic to fix this write off. He needs a team to fix it. No way I expect him/them to work a overnight miracle when EVERY area needs to be fixed.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
The Kennel is one mesmerising fking place - Now Potter is apparently sh!t??

We smashed the Eels with Potter in charge… remember? Last time I checked they are in the 8 and we are languishing near last, our expectations are ridiculous. The Eels had everything to play for and burning from the shellacking we gave them in round 14.

I completely understand the Kennel is a platform to vent, but we as fans seem to be super erratic with very short memories. Feel for Ciraldo should he lose a match at any time, god forbid!!

Potter dug us out of our sh!t show - respect
THIS!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

We smashed the Eels with Potter in charge… remember? Last time I checked they are in the 8 and we are languishing near last, our expectations are ridiculous. The Eels had everything to play for and burning from the shellacking we gave them in round 14.

I completely understand the Kennel is a platform to vent, but we as fans seem to be super erratic with very short memories. Feel for Ciraldo should he lose a match at any time, god forbid!!

All due respect (which I always have for you and your posts), Potter hasn't dug us out of nothing bro. We still are a shit show.

Too many (if not all) areas we need to vastly improve and fast.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well said! This place has become so negative...for fuk sake people need to be realistic...I get people have had enough...but stop blaming Potter for the shit we are in and have hope for the future

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Well said! This place has become so negative...for fuk sake people need to be realistic...I get people have had enough...but stop blaming Potter for the shit we are in and have hope for the future
I get what you're saying but for the last 5 years, negativity and reality are the same sadly.

PS I have never blamed Potter for this shit show, I just say he is not needed beyond the next 2 weeks.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I get what you're saying but for the last 5 years, negativity and reality are the same sadly.

PS I have never blamed Potter for this shit show, I just say he is not needed beyond the next 2 weeks.
I don't blame Potter but those who think he is a super coach are misguided af

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't blame Potter but those who think he is a super coach are misguided af
Exactly bro. Sick of saying ALL he has done is told them play eyes up footy. Apart from an extra try or two per game, he hasn't addressed any other of our many problems and continuing where Baz left off.

People are worried CC is Baz 2.0 but Potter is Baz 2.0.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Potter had pressure on him and the results of the last 2 weeks showed he's not the HC for us going forward, if he was Gus wouldn't have chased Ciraldo.

I initially wanted him as HC or in some capacity during our honeymoon period, that's changed for me now.

I don't blame him either, he's just not the person we need where we are at the moment.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fuck off ya bunch of pussies go find your mums titties in a dark corner... One, of our best stood proud and you want to bitch like cry babies. Stfu and be true supporters You lame stooges!!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I've wanted him to be reserve grade coach. Happy to have him there, naturally good defenders will shine regardless of training. At least young lads will be allowed to play to their strengths in attack.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly bro. Sick of saying ALL he has done is told them play eyes up footy. Apart from an extra try or two per game, he hasn't addressed any other of our many problems and continuing where Baz left off.

People are worried CC is Baz 2.0 but Potter is Baz 2.0.
No coach is that shit bro

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Fair point. That looks like it's been exposed once and for all as well today.

Rock and hard place for us ....(continues) :(

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know what people expected. Our core structure was garbage, our fitness garbage, defence garbage...what was Potter exactly going to do this late in the season? He did well with what he had to work with, got us throwing the ball around and had some of our boys playing with confidence and it got some results. We were always going to burn out towards the end of the season.
This exactly.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I've wanted him to be reserve grade coach. Happy to have him there, naturally good defenders will shine regardless of training. At least young lads will be allowed to play to their strengths in attack.
That seems best coaching spot or pathways and development.

It was unrealistic of us to think an interim coach could sustain viable defensive improvement in this paper thin (collective) bunch.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t know why CC is getting a pass . He should smash potters % win rate next year considering the side gets Kikau, Mahoney and Sutton plus I’m sure a couple of other signings .

make no mistake it will be a top 8 side and we will see if he is better than potter .

i think potter has done a excellent job considering he has taken over a side midway and a side that has been bottom of table for so many years