WWOS MOLE Terrell May

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Unfortunately any player managed by Tyran Smith is going to be harder for us to recruit. We did have shots at AFB, Haas and Keon from Souths we didn't manage to land a shot.

Player Managers are vultures and they have as bigger influence on the game as betting agencies.

This is where we as a club need different points of attack with our Coach, CEO and Recruitment Manager taking part in player recruitments.

I believe we are in the market for the May brothers. Are we favourites? No. Are we a chance if we up our offers? Yes.

What concerns me is we have removed our 2021 roster. We have boasted about it. Yet we are not anywhere near clearer as to who our 1-6-7-8-10 players are going to be moving forward and I don't think we have upgraded our 9.

I mention 6 because there still remains debate over Burton. He's a 6. But when the best 6 of all time says how well he played at centre more doubt is created. I rate Max King but he's a support player not a forwards leader.
Media beat up re Baa. He just confirmed how well he played at centre in SOO etc and said it was up to Ciro to work it out.Did not say he should change positions.

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Worrisome that it's put out there that Gus doesn't like something, or isn't a fan, of May and also AFB.

I hope Gus has strong relationships with all the player managers bc it could go against us if they don't want their clients caught up in the media hurdy gurdy of Gus' personal opinions of their player clients.
I don't think its he doesn't like May. I think its more that Terrell mucked around with the original contract. When you are in the position of a total knock down and rebuild and have the influence that Gus has- you cannot be seen to be desperate otherwise you can lose the power of influence pretty quickly. Unfortunately it's a wait for the prop who wants to come to us. I am hoping for a combo of Hazleton, Matt Croker and Trey Mooney all for 2025.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't think its he doesn't like May. I think its more that Terrell mucked around with the original contract. When you are in the position of a total knock down and rebuild and have the influence that Gus has- you cannot be seen to be desperate otherwise you can lose the power of influence pretty quickly. Unfortunately it's a wait for the prop who wants to come to us. I am hoping for a combo of Hazleton, Matt Croker and Trey Mooney all for 2025.
Gus isn't correcting the media beatup tho by stating an emphatic No. Not Interested.

The connotation that brings is the concern.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus isn't correcting the media beatup tho by stating an emphatic No. Not Interested.

The connotation that brings is the concern.
100% whether it was conditions or the asking price, the foot is down now.He is also denying player managers trying use us as leverage as I suspect he did with AFB

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why would May come here when a top team is offering him the same money, 500k wasn't enough to get the deal done. I think he was a player worth paying overs for (debateable because I think he's the next best thing).

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flanno “what up brrroo.. I heard on the down low you is looking for a new club and we are on the up!”

Terrell “ I got warned about you, seriously… you want me can you match a penthouse and a merc?”

Flanno “brah, best I can do a granny flat in my back yard and Jrs Nissan pulsar sss”

Terrell “…”

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
100% whether it was conditions or the asking price, the foot is down now.He is also denying player managers trying use us as leverage as I suspect he did with AFB
What do you mean by your statement about the player managers Dogmatic?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What do you mean by your statement about the player managers Dogmatic?
Well player managers can use interest in their client to increase their value to other potentially interested parties. By publicly saying we aren't interested,a manager can no longer use us as leverage

Robdog111

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well player managers can use interest in their client to increase their value to other potentially interested parties. By publicly saying we aren't interested,a manager can no longer use us as leverage
I missed the "us" part. Now I get you!

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Media beat up re Baa. He just confirmed how well he played at centre in SOO etc and said it was up to Ciro to work it out.Did not say he should change positions.

I never said Lamb said he should change positions. I said Lamb said how well he played at centre. Lamb created doubt not certainty. Until Burton out does his 2021 season there will be doubt. Burton is our best player he needs to show it every week like what Lamb did.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I never said Lamb said he should change positions. I said Lamb said how well he played at centre. Lamb created doubt not certainty. Until Burton out does his 2021 season there will be doubt. Burton is our best player he needs to show it every week like what Lamb did.
I said it was a media beat up for them to say that Baa thought he should change positions.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said it was a media beat up for them to say that Baa thought he should change positions.
Yes was a beat up but I said Lamb just talked about his performances at centre. I never said Lamb said he's a centre. Lamb praised him as a centre and then dodged it so well. This to me shows there is some doubt. I think Gould is steadfast on Burton at 5/8. Ciraldo I'm not so sure. For Burton to even go to centre does mean quite a few other changes not just Burton for Kiraz. I think it means Crichton to fullback and I don't think Burton has trained at centre and Crichton at fullback.

With the other clubs Cogger was a purchase from elsewhere I think Newcastle decided he had to start he would have trained a lot in the halves all off season. Katoa played a lot of 7 last year with Nikorima at 6 so not a major change as they would have trained there a lot. Sezer wasn't 100% for a full 80 last week and Sullivan was terrible I reckon Sezer would have trained much of the off season at halfback. The big one is Souths. That's for tonight's game thread to talk about.

Back to Burton. I just can't see him moving out of 6 but until he dominates like he did at centre there will be doubts and discussion. Every week there's 5 new threads about Burton's position. Burton is one of my favourite players. I hope more than anything he outdoes his 2021 season.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now we don't have to worry about spending over a MIL on both brothers we're mad if we don't send a revised offer to Terrell of 600-700K

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With all due respect brother I do not think he will ever reach that level of prop. We are pumping up his tyres a bit too much on here I reckon.
If we sign him I'm sure there's people ready to say he's shit tomorrow. If we don't sign him there's probably quite a few from that same group who'll be screaming that we've missed the next Taumololo and our board are shit.

Can't win with some. I'm just going to enjoy the winning feeling.