Tell me why next year won't be the same?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The forward pack is still a dud, nothing has really changed since rd 1.

The signs were there round 1 getting dusted by Manly's pack. And that Manly pack isn't all that great either.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Next year mightent have Communist Life Control trying to hijack society so everything suits them

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What we know of the 2024 squad so far, at best we place 1 or 2 spots higher next year (if that).

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bro you always do this every loss. We played with 11 players at one stage and 12 players for 20 minutes.
Ref keeps blowing six agains for no reason,
Preston was disallowed a try and that was a 12 point turnaround, look at the second half only 2 try’s for the nights.
Lol very funny

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Comes down to attitude. Our attitude in defence can only improve can’t it?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I think it could get worse … no half, 5/8, brand new 1 and a 9 that’s can’t cope with pressure … pretty much the worse spine in the comp … add no go forward in the front row
Mahoney shits me big time.... We really need a 2 hooker system, but split time 50-30.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You would think that them knowing it is coming to the end of the season they would play with a bit of passion, but they got no passion it's just pathetic and unacceptable.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are by far the worst team in the nrl. Wests and dragons will smack us if we were to play them and that’s nothing to be proud about. Burton needs to be shifted back to centre and we need a quick running 6. Taffe fullback? Or plays in the halves with Chriton fb. We also need a couple of big body experienced forwards…

itlll be music to my ears to sack the assistant and get a experienced coach but that ain’t happening. Flano should have been signed!

Pavdogg82

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I know we were completely outgunned talent wise today but watch it again and tell me I'm crazy but I saw this all game.
Refs telling us to get the fuck of the player with the ball so we either give them a quick play the ball or they rule 6 again.
Anytime we actually had momentum in the tackle and started dragging them backwards, ref calls held.
Its like the refs we were told we could not control the ruck. It was fucked.
Refs fucking love a good home team fucking up a bottom 4 team don't they.
Could they give us the odd 50-50 call so it doesnt seem so corrupt!
Yes our defense was shit and our attack clueless. But the refs just make it snowball into a fucking avalanche! Rant over

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Honest question. Will the team just train harder in the off-season and things will click into gear?

Critchton is coming but how does he make a difference?

I honestly can't see why this team won't be bottom 9 again next year unless some drastic changes are made between now and march next year.
Um,next season the coach will have more time with the team, we will get some more quality and jetison the dead wood

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's disconcerting that we had our best team of the year on the field and there was no talk no "team" mentality.
For those that say we've gone backwards the last couple of years, your right.
I recall Dean Pay in every presser would say to the journos....Look, I've got a team that busted their asses off today, and all we ask is a fair rub of the green. Every 50/50 call continually goes against us.
The **** in the badger I mean bunker has had us for a few games now, and it's as if she gives us a frame by frame description of her pre judged mind, already made up before we see the actual vision, or the other angles. Commentators are flummoxed at how she makes her calls. Today she went against the on field decision 3 times with no definitive proof, when every other team gets a "based on the live decision we will go with it" decision. She makes stuff up ffs.
Moreover the majority of kennellers were hoping for the experienced Flanagan to be appointed our coach for this year, instead we got another FG rookie. Watching us today there was no US. The words that came to mind were...A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
Of course we are far from a team of champions but we have a fair number of elites in Mahoney, Kikau, JAC, Burton, TPJ, Thompson......they've all gone backwards in their career this year. THAT CANT BE A COINCIDENCE.
Flanagan would of started from scratch. Laid down groundrules and standards to hang your hat on. Sure this year we may of only anticipated a couple more wins but I guarantee this....we wouldn't be looking worse each week, as we do now. Barrett and Ciraldo gave been abominations.
Dean Pay got through to the playing group more than Barrett or Ciraldo ever seem to have.
So how will we be better next year? Are we getting an organiser, a talker, a player of blinding speed (maybe in Xerri), a middle forward who can punch out big minutes and nobody gets past him, a middle that achieves big post contact metres week in week out? No. Doesn't mean we can't gel and become a champion team, but I fear Ciraldo is probably lost for ideas at this stage how to get the Bulldogs rabble to play as a team.
Gould must be prepared to recommend Ciraldo be moved, perhaps sideways and give Potter a go if we don't look better early next year in everything we do.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's disconcerting that we had our best team of the year on the field and there was no talk no "team" mentality.
For those that say we've gone backwards the last couple of years, your right.
I recall Dean Pay in every presser would say to the journos....Look, I've got a team that busted their asses off today, and all we ask is a fair rub of the green. Every 50/50 call continually goes against us.
The **** in the badger I mean bunker has had us for a few games now, and it's as if she gives us a frame by frame description of her pre judged mind, already made up before we see the actual vision, or the other angles. Commentators are flummoxed at how she makes her calls. Today she went against the on field decision 3 times with no definitive proof, when every other team gets a "based on the live decision we will go with it" decision. She makes stuff up ffs.
Moreover the majority of kennellers were hoping for the experienced Flanagan to be appointed our coach for this year, instead we got another FG rookie. Watching us today there was no US. The words that came to mind were...A champion team will always beat a team of champions.
Of course we are far from a team of champions but we have a fair number of elites in Mahoney, Kikau, JAC, Burton, TPJ, Thompson......they've all gone backwards in their career this year. THAT CANT BE A COINCIDENCE.
Flanagan would of started from scratch. Laid down groundrules and standards to hang your hat on. Sure this year we may of only anticipated a couple more wins but I guarantee this....we wouldn't be looking worse each week, as we do now. Barrett and Ciraldo gave been abominations.
Dean Pay got through to the playing group more than Barrett or Ciraldo ever seem to have.
So how will we be better next year? Are we getting an organiser, a talker, a player of blinding speed (maybe in Xerri), a middle forward who can punch out big minutes and nobody gets past him, a middle that achieves big post contact metres week in week out? No. Doesn't mean we can't gel and become a champion team, but I fear Ciraldo is probably lost for ideas at this stage how to get the Bulldogs rabble to play as a team.
Gould must be prepared to recommend Ciraldo be moved, perhaps sideways and give Potter a go if we don't look better early next year in everything we do.
We can't win a game, when we can't get a call. We beat the dolphins because we got a decent run and were able to be there at the end

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wish I had confidence it will improve. But the defence has been ultra shit. Players falling for dummies like an under 6 team. Our backline will be class, but whether they play to their standard is yet to be seen. Still unsure if we'll have any noteable improvement in the forwards. I'm really worried at this point.
Yep defence defence defence……too much arm grabbing & confused looks between defenders in the line. Effort, Communication & trust is missing.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Our issues are exactly what they where at the start of the season we don't have a leader in our forward pack and our props would not make the starting side in an A grade bush footy team.

PeteHazz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I can't say if we'll be better next year. That putrid rubbish I saw in the first 15 minutes bears no resemblance to a team with pride in their jersey. Nothing I can say about coaching, marquee players, middles, backs or otherwise can defend a second rate team like the knights walking through us twice to score those first 2 tries.

We were absolutely robbed by the bunker. But we showed little resolve when undermanned. Some teams have played with 11 this year and still turned away attacking raids on their lines. We've read so much of our own bullsh!t; "rebuilding", "will take time", "long road", that we're neglecting to turn up week in week out. A stronger team that looked a shadow of the team that had won in clutch matches this year.

Beats me. Up until yesterday, idiot that I am, I looked forward to games we played. Yesterday broke the camel's back. Deadbeats like fitzgibbon crowing at us f'ing kills me. There used to be a time playing us meant waking up sore Monday, not being a fringe first grader and mouthing off at us