Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I feel like Taafe is being crucified at the moment but I reckon if Tracey was fb in trials we'd be saying we want Taafe not Tracey.

Personally I don't get the hype around Tracey. I feel there is more upside to Taafe.
Tracey is the superior ball runner and ballplayer, it's an easy decision imo.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Id go with
1. Tracey
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Critta
5. Foxy
6. Burton
7. Sexton
13. Salmon
12. Presto
11. Kikau
10. King
9. Mahoney
8. Poassa
14. Mann
15. Curran
16. Hughes
17. Knight
Poasa has good go forward just a liability defensively when he fatigues. A 20 minute stint early and a stint second half would be worth a shot. Really feel like king is gonna get overworked will see how it pans out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Poasa has good go forward just a liability defensively when he fatigues. A 20 minute stint early and a stint second half would be worth a shot. Really feel like king is gonna get overworked will see how it pans out.
20 minutes is too much for him imo. This has been his issue his entire career, looks strong running the ball at first but quickly drops off after back to back defensive sets or sustained minutes. His numbers were okay during the trials tbf.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel like Taafe is being crucified at the moment but I reckon if Tracey was fb in trials we'd be saying we want Taafe not Tracey.

Personally I don't get the hype around Tracey. I feel there is more upside to Taafe.
Its hard because we never saw the try scoring ability that typical fans want to see. I thought he went well against Melbourne and did okay with sharks just needs to shake them nerves off

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I am correct Tracey, 28 years old, was second choice to William Kennedy.

Blake Taafe, 24 years old, was second choice to Latrell Mitchell.

I know who I would prefer being second choice to.

Connor in 2021, arguably his best season, played Fullback 0 times.

In 2022, he played Fullback 0 times.

In 2023, he finished the season playing Fullback for about 5 games when Kennedy was injured.

I personally don't see what all the hype is about...

I'm not saying Taafe is a superstar either, just can't see how Tracey is that much better. I hardly remember watching him in the past, especially at fullback. Taafe on the other I remember.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

In 2023, he finished the season playing Fullback for about 5 games when Kennedy was injured.

I'm not saying Taafe is a superstar either, just can't see how Tracey is that much better. I hardly remember watching him in the past, especially at fullback. Taafe on the other I remember.
Yes because Kennedy didn't get injured/suspended like Latrell, he just didn't get the opportunity to play much fullback in firstgrade. Tracey played fullback in reserves and when he wasn't he was usually covering centre/wing in firstgrade.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

As soon as Taffe was signed he became a whipping boy for most here …he has to be exemplary and even then he will cop it ala Burton, Salmon, Fox and prob Critta will be on the firing line soon

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Taffe has played in finals and the Gf as well so has more FG experience at FB. His career best game was against our rabble last season so that’s not saying much

I prefer Tracey to be FB if not somewhere in the back 5 cos he’s a likely game breaker out of the 2

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If Tracey is starting must be a blow for xerri who i hope kills it in NSW cup. Blake Taffe will get a chance to start round 1. The sheer presence of Critta in centres will be ideal. Wouldn’t surprise me if critta is at fb with change of heart. I would want poasa in for morrin due to having Kurt Mann and salmon in the bench
I'd be keeping Crichton at left centre purely based on the fact Will Penisini has given us trouble lately. Marking him up will also limit Moses a little bit hopefully

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unlucky if Xerri misses out. Grabbed his chance with both hands in the trial. Think he dropped 1 ball off a hospital pass that he tried to bat on, but was literally one of our best. I wouldnt slot Tracey in for him. If Tracey is to play it should be Fullback, but hasnt trained much (or at all) since arriving so will be underdone massively and would have no combo with anyone you'd think.

There is no stand out 17 but I wouldnt mind
1. Tracey
2. Kiraz
3. Xerri
4. Crichton
5. Addo Carr
6. Burton
7. Sexton
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Faamausili
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Hutchinson (ball playing lock)

14. Salmon
15. Hughes
16. Kautoga
17. Curran

Mann, Knight, Taaffe, Turpin, Wilson part of the 22.

I know it wont be close to the team picked, but we will struggle to get most of our new recruits in with Salmon, Mann, Hutchinson more or less the same player. Taaffe will get the 1 and Hutch the 7. Salmon the 13 then it will be a shootout for the rest (Mann, Curran, Patolo, Knight etc). Youd think Tetavano might come into consideration if fit too, or he could be the next prop off the rank if he plays a few good games in NSW Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.