Team against the knights

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Ciro is growing on me but his main weakness is falling in love with players who are good trainers, and can’t judge how this doesn’t always translate to game time success
If a coach doesn't reward players for putting in at training, making their KPI's, and/or punish players for not putting in at training, failing their KPI's, then you have the Souffs problem with Mitchell/Walker. Sure he might be able, based on natural ability, to win a game for you, but his attitude to training rubs off on some players and they think that they can slack off too. Plus it demoralises some other players that are putting in at training. It's double whammy, players not training to NRL level and other players pissed off that some players get away with it.

It's a fine line between good trainers and good game day players, recruiting and coaching players that are both is what every coach aims at. There are reasons why we have recruited who we have and equally why we haven't recruited others.

Always a Bulldog

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hutchinson may be replaced I hope so for sexton him and Burton play good together especially when sexton gets into space loves a show and go and loves the passes to wingers and centres which led us to several tries before not saying he will drop Hutchison but he may give him a go this week

Attachments

Johnnny2233

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
he will make changes our team if far from its best 17 by round 12 we will have full strength but this games is a must win then we have the bye so that’s gives us 4 points we will be in the 8

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Xerri will be dropped to make way for Tracy on the wing. Kiraz will go back to centre and Taaffe straight back to fullback. Cirro won’t drop Hutch not yet anyway.
This would be such a loser move from Ciraldo. Back 5 was humming last game. Only issue was the 74 year old halfback and his lack of mobility

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should be able to handle the knights with the current set up (same as last week). I reckon send taafe down to reserves to get some reps in at halfback, and after the bye, put him in at 7. If it hasn’t already started, train taafe at hb during sessions. I think he can slot in straight away tbh, but who knows

As much as I’d love to ditch hutch, and I don’t think taafe is a proper fullback (scared under high ball), Ciro won’t do this. I’m disappointed that it’s taken this long for him to realise what we’ve all seen from the beginning. Tracey is the best fullback we have, and hutch is just a utility who shouldn’t be used regularly at the half

Ciro is growing on me but his main weakness is falling in love with players who are good trainers, and can’t judge how this doesn’t always translate to game time success
agree...training well doesn't translate to game success

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tracey
Addo Carr
Xerri
Crichton
Kiraz
Burton
Hutchison (this week may be his last…)
Hughes
Mahoney
Patolo
Curran
Kikau
Turpin

Hayward
Morrin
Salmon
Faamasili

Taafe (unlucky)
Wilson
Kitouga
Sexton
Knight

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tracey at FB
The coach won't drop Hutch so Taaffe on the bench.
When our attack stalls he can put Taaffe on to replace Hutch. If Taaffe outperforms Hutch as expected the coach can declare he's a genius and drop Hutch the next game.
Either Taffe starts at he or hutch starts…u can’t have a halfback on the bench…that’s a waste of a bench spot

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a coach doesn't reward players for putting in at training, making their KPI's, and/or punish players for not putting in at training, failing their KPI's, then you have the Souffs problem with Mitchell/Walker. Sure he might be able, based on natural ability, to win a game for you, but his attitude to training rubs off on some players and they think that they can slack off too. Plus it demoralises some other players that are putting in at training. It's double whammy, players not training to NRL level and other players pissed off that some players get away with it.

It's a fine line between good trainers and good game day players, recruiting and coaching players that are both is what every coach aims at. There are reasons why we have recruited who we have and equally why we haven't recruited others.

Always a Bulldog
Good point mate. I think the doggies and Ciro are building a culture, and given all the deadshits we jettisoned (and the ones we’ve left out of fg ie Topine) I can probably guess that none of our lads appear to be like the Souths boys. At some stage ciro needs to bite the bullet, and admit that Toby or Taafe are worth trying. Taafe is in the team, has played hb before and is in the team as fb (so he must train well?). Sexton is still applying his trade in reserves and doing well…

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Soon hopefully we can field this team.
IMG_4344.jpegIMG_4345.jpegO

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is this a must win game ?
Absolutely. Ciraldo will know it too.. the season will get away from us if we don't win this weekend.

I feel like that back line from the Storm game is on point.. Fox Xerri will produce many highlights, and Critta will produce once our halfback is sorted.

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Big game this one. Like the titans it’s one we probably should win on form. All good playing well and being brave against top sides but we need to also put the lesser sides away.
ATM - we ARE a lesser side!! Lest we forget!!

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sexton played in the halves today named at 9 but played in the halves.
Romano Cook killed it #9. Sexton started at 9 ....Mick Potter took Biondi Odo off around half time (who tackled well, but didn't feature offensively)
It will be tough for Cameron this week against the knights. Connor had a pearler of a game at fullback. Bronson was very strong with his carries good defensively and showed class with the ball. A surprise for me was Jake at lock hit like a sledge hammer, apart from the drop ball early played really well. Hutch was solid. Inmo Kitione needs to go back as mentioned by others to cup to tidy up a few things, has a lot of potential. Bailey started soft but started to show his class as the game went on.Chris is starting to get some confidence back in the middle. It was a great effort by the boys against a strong Storm outfit in Melbourne with half our team unavailable.
Kautoga played 80 mins in Reggies. Went very well ...BUT ....IMO - the real Bulldogs forwards future lies in Jack Todd & Harry Hayes. Jacob Preston prototypes - tall, fit, fast, no bullshit players who log good stats every week in both offence and defence. Lachlan Vale is also delivering sustained classy performances in the reggies. Very interested to see how Fanafou Seve steps up in Reggies after monstering the SG Ball competition at #8. This guy has serious smack!!! He has to take Tetevano's spot. Clearly something is seriously amiss with Tetevano. 1 run for 11 metres and a couple of tragic defensive misses is unacceptable (regardless of medical diagnosis). By all means, love to see him come back to play (if & when) he is capable. Meanwhile ...our Reggies deserve MORE GRUNT!!!

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sexton- 2 tries 2 line breaks 108 metres 6 tackle busts 18 tackles 1 miss
Jack todd- 210 metres 5 tackles busts 1 line break 1 try assist 32 tackles 2 miss
The two clear stand outs in the nsw cup game
Yep - Forward Pack!!
Jack Todd & Harry Hayes - AGAIN!! He's a Presto Prototype!! Grandfather a Kangaroo. Has got the right GENES !!
Tall, fast, skillful - perfect rotation for our edge.
Jack Todd - perfect with King and Hughes as our middle rotation.
Keep Curran & Mann.
One more spot available - for a genuine 14 (take you pick ....we have plenty on offer).
Assuming all fit - there is NO backing off in this line up.
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Hughes
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Mann
14. Salmon/Turpin/Hayward/Morrin (you choose)
15. Curran
16. Hayes
17. Todd

Rumdogmillionaire

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
EFFORT + Attitude = Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.