Team after the bye

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tigers can creep on you when you least expect it. They’re still a work in progress but they have some quality players. If Broncos give them a flogging this round, then they may put extra effort the next week. As long as Dogs don’t expect it to be an easy match then they’re good to go and should win.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
1. Tracey
2. Fox
3. Xerri
4. Critta
5. Kiraz
6. Burto
7. Hutch ( no point switchin halves yet if we’re actually doing alright)
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Poasa
11. Kiks
12. Preston
13. Mann

14. Hughes
15. Curran
16. Taffe
17. Salmon

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1. Tracey
2. fox
3. Xerri
4.Critta
5. Kiraz
6. burton
7. Sexton
8. King
9.Mahoney
10. Hughes
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Curran
14. mann- if not back then taffe/hayward
15. Morrin
16.Faamasili
17. salmon/Knight
Though we seem to be winning with a smaller bench I would still like to see some more blooding of our mids. Maybe Patolo or Tetevano or even bring a NSW cup mid up to replace Sutton as he doesn't seem to be doing anything. Hopefully Fifita will be ready soon because I think if we are going to compete against the top 4 sides we are going to need plenty of tough forwards and some size.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Though we seem to be winning with a smaller bench I would still like to see some more blooding of our mids. Maybe Patolo or Tetevano or even bring a NSW cup mid up to replace Sutton as he doesn't seem to be doing anything. Hopefully Fifita will be ready soon because I think if we are going to compete against the top 4 sides we are going to need plenty of tough forwards and some size.
tetevano is so far off the pace in nsw cup i wouldnt have him anywhere near 1st grade if any fowards should be brought up its jack todd he been one of our best in cup this year imo

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Tracey
2. Foxx
3. Xerri
4. Critta
5. Kiraz
6. Burton
7. Hutch
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Curran
11. Preston
12. Kiks
13. Salmon

Taafe
Hughes
Morrin
Mann

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You'd assume it'll be this with what Ciraldo was going with before the bye + players returning from injury.

1. Tracey
6. Burton
7. Hutchison
9. Mahoney

2. JAC
3. Xerri
4. Crichton
5. Kiraz

8. King
10. Curran
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. Salmon

14. Taaffe
15. Hughes
16. Morrin
17. Mann

There are only 4 teams in the competition this year who I can say are definitely better than us (going off season/current form).

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what would we reckon a dogs/tigers combined 13 is?

1. Bula
2. Fox
3. Critta
4. Xerri/olam
5. Kiraz
6. Burto
7. Seizer
8. Stefano
9. Api
10. King/klem
11.Papaalii
12. Kiks
13. Curran

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't know who should be named in the team. I still don't like carrying Taffe on the bench. Though if he stays for mine one of Morrin or Salmon need to make way for another prop. Mann starts at 13 and if Taffe is 14, then there are for four props King, Curran, Hughes and another, leaving one spot for either Morrin or Salmon.
Same backline as last week. Forwards are
13 Mann
12 Kikau
11 Preston
10 King
9. Mahoney
8 Hughes/Faamasuali
14 Taffe
15 Morrin/ Salmon
16 Curran
17 Hughes/Faamasuali/ Todd/Knight

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
We cant take this game too lightly. Tigers have a decent forward pack and will be under pressure. This is do or die for them, after a positive start they lose this game and making the 8 looks a bit too hard. However their back 5 is terrible and will be low on confidence after a big loss to the broncs. All CC has to do is name 4 actual props such as King, Hughes, Poasa and CUrran in the team and we win. However CC likes to do things the hard way. Hopefully he has learnt from the knights game that you need 2 props on the bench in case of HIA or injury, however who knows. It will mean though one of his favourites out of Morrin or Taafe will have to be dropped/18th man.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
what would we reckon a dogs/tigers combined 13 is?

1. Bula
2. Fox
3. Critta
4. Xerri/olam
5. Kiraz
6. Burto
7. Seizer
8. Stefano
9. Api
10. King/klem
11.Papaalii
12. Kiks
13. Curran
Tracey > Xerri/Olam, Galvin > Sezer, King > Klemmer and Preston > Papalii (close so backing our boy).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We cant take this game too lightly. Tigers have a decent forward pack and will be under pressure. This is do or die for them, after a positive start they lose this game and making the 8 looks a bit too hard. However their back 5 is terrible and will be low on confidence after a big loss to the broncs. All CC has to do is name 4 actual props such as King, Hughes, Poasa and CUrran in the team and we win. However CC likes to do things the hard way. Hopefully he has learnt from the knights game that you need 2 props on the bench in case of HIA or injury, however who knows. It will mean though one of his favourites out of Morrin or Taafe will have to be dropped/18th man.
Our forwards have held their own all year and even overperformed. It's going to come down to the spine creating points imo.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The team will need to be on their guard or they could get ambushed...