Opinion Taffee vs Tracey

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From tonight and last few rounds last season, i dont know how taafe got picked in front of tracey. May be injury to tracey at start of season

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd go Hayward at half. Showed he belongs in FG tonight, gives 100%, and hasn't forgotten how to play half. Maybe give Taaffe a go in NSW Cup first, but not straight into FG. Otherwise keep Hayward at 14 till Mann gets back and try Sexton at half. At least he knows how to give early ball.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Tracey. I’ve wanted that all along.
Taaffe in fairness is getting better. I just wish they trained him pre season at 7 because personally I think him and Burto as a combo again could be good.
I think it’s time to keep Xerri at centre now. The kid was an elite centre and with miles in the legs will get there again. Keep him there now. Potentially the best centre pairing in the comp. Hope we keep him longer term.

Tracey
JAC
Xerri
Critta
Kiraz
Burton
Taaffe

Very competent back ups with Wilson, Skelton, Samrani, Hutch, Sexton,

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tracey needs a fair run at fullback, interchanging him with Critta in attack was idiotic from Ciraldo and I hope we don't see it again. Tracey's kick defusal and kick returns were massive and almost always out us on the front foot.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taaffe is still our best Fb. But in saying that the can lead a team a lead us around the park. So I’m a little torn. Either Taaffe is the goods.
Tracey doesn't make the errors that Taafe does.
Despite not having a pre season Tracey already looks up to speed in the position. If he can add some support play to his game he'll take us to another level.
With Mann able to play first receiver Tracey shouldn't need to ball play too much other than catch and pass

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Well next week will be a real test for CC. Taffee , Tracey and Hutch have been picked when fit every game so far. I can't see anyone in the backline this week getting dropped bar Hutch. I can't see how Taffee could be any worse than Hutch at half back and at best, we solve our problem. Can anyone say Hutch is any better than Flanagan? How long did it take to drop Flanagan last year? At least this year we have a couple options in Sexy, Taffee and Haywood... time to make the change coach.

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tracey doesn't make the errors that Taafe does.
Despite not having a pre season Tracey already looks up to speed in the position. If he can add some support play to his game he'll take us to another level.
With Mann able to play first receiver Tracey shouldn't need to ball play too much other than catch and pass
Can't wait to see our pack at full strength and see how Curran and Mann rotate playing lock. I reckon Curran eventually starts at 13 and then Mann comes on once the game opens up a bit.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tracey needs a fair run at fullback, interchanging him with Critta in attack was idiotic from Ciraldo and I hope we don't see it again. Tracey's kick defusal and kick returns were massive and almost always out us on the front foot.
That cannot be understated, we are small up front so we either need that momentum to start us off, or go with the quick shift to the edges where xerri / critta / kikz can just dominate

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
true but Wilson or any of our other wingers wouldn't of scored those 3 tries like fox did tonight.
Loved seeing the Burto Foxxy combo back in action tonight. Reminds me of the old Shifty Hazem days.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feel sorry for Taaffe as he has obviously worked hard to get to first grade FB standard.
But Tracey does seem to offer a little bit more from the back.
I'm not buying into the Taaffe at 7 debate - still getting over Barrett's Averillo experiment.
Xerri shouldn't look back from here.
Taaffe has played 7 before. He looks the goods, and may offer more. The guy is coming along at 1 but I just don’t feel safe with him there at the back. His bomb defusal is bad, and he looks scared. Tracey is fearless and just gets us started with great returns

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Any idea why our supercoach put Xerri in reserve grade for the first few weeks when it was clear that he was the fastest centre in the club?
Because Xerri hasn’t played FG in 3 years and needed to get reps in reserves and improve some defensive aspects of his game ….gets called up week 5 and hits the ground running so kudos to him for doing the work

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any idea why our supercoach put Xerri in reserve grade for the first few weeks when it was clear that he was the fastest centre in the club?
Geez going by your logic you’d select Brett Howland to play for Australia

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We don't need a decent 7, we have all the best 7's coming through our juniors. Why splash out way too much money when we have O'Neil and Woods coming through????!!!
I'd rather Kurt Mann just play 7 tbh and run Curran at lock

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
BS. Just play Taffe at 7.
Id like to see it, can't see Ciro doing it though. Be interesting doing it against knights with big gangly KPP running lines at Taffee, would be a good test