Sweet Caroline - Consolidated Mad Monday Saga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I bet Fiona Bollen would be the first to complain if any club banned females from entering the dressing rooms after a game, because some players could be naked.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I bet Fiona Bollen would be the first to complain if any club banned females from entering the dressing rooms after a game, because some players could be naked.
Fiona sounds a little frustrated

the_yuk

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anyone else think the balcony pics could of been taken from a drone?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone else think the balcony pics could of been taken from a drone?
Restricted airpsace due to Victoria Barracks, so if it was a drone that's another charge.

I think it's more likely a telephoto zoom and something to get them to that height.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...lSF&utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_medium=Twitter

Not sure if it's been posted yet.

Proud to be a Bulldog? Not even close
FIONA BOLLEN, The Daily Telegraph
an hour ago
Subscriber only

BOYS will be boys. Guess what? Times have changed. And it’s time to accept it, and deal with it.

I’m wearing a few hats when it comes to looking at the Bulldogs’ Mad Monday situation.

I’m a mother of two boys.

I’m a lifelong Bulldogs fan, I’m a member. My whole family supports the club and my children have been given no choice in the matter either.

I’m the women’s sport editor at News Corp and I’ve covered rugby league for eight years.

Under each of those hats not once do I find an iota of empathy for what these boys (and their behaviour makes them boys, even though they should be men) did and the situation they find themselves in today.

My two boys haven’t quite got into rugby league yet. My eldest is close to the age where he’ll really start following the team soon. Next year might be the year and I look forward to it.

But today I am glad he hasn’t got into it.

I’m glad I don’t have to explain why the club is in the headlines and all over the news. I’m glad I don’t have to explain to him why one of the players he looks up to is nude on the front page. I would then follow that with a conversation as to why that is not acceptable behaviour.

It’s embarrassing.

In Coles this morning they were selling NRL team-branded reusable shopping bags. Along the bottom was the club’s hashtag — ‘Proud to be a Bulldog’.

The irony. Proud is not how I feel.

On top of all of that, for the past month we have been working hard in the build up to the start of the women’s NRL premiership this weekend.

There are so many amazing stories among these players. A lot of them have children and are juggling work and family life around this competition simply so they can pull on an NRL jersey.

They’re not doing it for the money. They are getting paid, but it’s not enough to live off and it’s only for a few months. They’re doing it because they love the game. They want to play it and they want the privilege of being able to say they’re a rugby league player.

What a shame there probably won’t be enough space tomorrow for another one of their stories, for you to learn about who they are before they take the field this weekend.

You won’t read as much about the men’s games either. One of the most exciting first round of finals for as long as I can remember but some of those yarns will likely get squeezed out too.

The Bulldogs issued a statement saying the behaviour was “unacceptable and a poor reflection on the individuals involved and the club. The players are aware of their responsibilities and the standards required when representing the club and yesterday’s behaviour was unacceptable and a bad look for the game.”

They now have to conduct a review into it; take time that would have been spent going over a season on-field that needs plenty of analysis and instead investigate antics at an end-of-season party and determine appropriate punishments.

I’ve heard the defence: they are boys in their 20s. It’s true, it is an age when decision making isn’t a strong point. I lived on campus on university, I know how boys in their 20s can be. Nudity often went hand in hand with drinking. Yes, it happens.

But it also happened at parties on campus, in a private setting. When someone was dumb enough to do it in public or at a bar, they were kicked out. They were told they were stupid. It was unacceptable.

I also went to university in a different time. Society’s standards have changed. Some people call it being a wowser or too PC, but it’s evolution. It’s learning and growing. Understanding how your actions impact on others.

If I were at a pub at 5pm on a Monday and a roaringly drunk 20-something male, who was built like a brick shithouse, got completely nude I would be appalled. I would be intimidated. I would be nervous.

I wouldn’t want it ignored. I would want to say, ‘pull your head in mate, and your other one, and show some goddamn respect’. I probably wouldn’t because I’d also have concerns about my safety.

Quit the boys will be boys BS. How about we hold our boys to higher standards? Why don’t we tell them they can be better than that?

And then maybe I can put my hats back on and proudly watch, read about and enjoy the NRL.
I really tried reading some of that but what a sook. Talk about a fuckin whinging idiot.
She would hate to know what the father of her kids got up to in his hayday.

Last edited:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a great time to run with a BS story like the Bulldogs Mad Monday as it effectively removes the Sharks Salary cap cheating of everyones radar and puts the spot light upon the Dogs.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The other double standards is a private mad Monday getting coverage as a disgrace. But beau Ryan hosting a footy show completely naked.... on prime time.... doing it knowingly.

And some of the comments from ch9 are borderline disgraceful. Yet the dogs get front page coverage.

Still can’t believe so many people took offence to this. Can’t believd how influential the media is and how dumb the public is to let media persuade opinions.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I'm on the Tigers forum more than I am here. Just come by every now and again to make sure you blokes aren't suicidal.

P.S. Some of the shit on this thread is actually starting to get fkn weird. You guys need to calm down fr.
Thanks dickhead, if we wanted the point of view of a dumb ****, we will ask you.

And if it's starting to get weird, you can fuck right off.

Last edited:

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
I wonder what publishing a photo like this does to the mindset of a young bloke like Elliott. He appears to be a really nice bloke, intelligent and passionate about our club. The Telegraph bangs on about male suicide and then tries to destroy a young bloke to sell a few newspapers. I hope Elliott and all players involved have good support networks around them and understand that this story defines the grubs at the Telegraph, not the Bulldogs players or club.
Hes a great guy and supports autism because of his brother

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fiona. Works at the Telecrap and is a bulldogs supporter.Wow now I’ve heard everything. Sorry not a dogs supporter. Dosent she know her paper ‘can’t handle the truth’ and if she is worried about her kids seeing a bulldogs player in the nude on the front page then she should hand in her resignation because her paper should think of the kids before they published it. So who is irresponsible there
I believe she is a dogs supporter. With every garbage story we put food on her table cloths on her back and condoms for the hubby. Without us people in the media would actually have to work for a living, instead of hiding in the bushes waiting for their next scoop.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I believe she is a dogs supporter. With every garbage story we put food on her table cloths on her back and condoms for the hubby. Without us people in the media would actually have to work for a living, instead of hiding in the bushes waiting for their next scoop.
***** membership should be revoked.

Tries to take the moral high road yet puts "brick shithouse" in her dribble of an article.

Get fucked you mutt, don't need scum ***** like you.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Wow wow wow wow wow !!!
So does this mean I have to put pants on my dog?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Anyone have a pic of the mutt? 100% she is a fat bogan bush pig.

Status
Not open for further replies.