Swallow Our Pride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

Utai Slam
Reaction score
Before I get started, I do realise that the media are always going to be searching for the negative stories, the stories that bring in the viewers. I realise they are extremely biased and unfair when it comes to the blue-and-whites and that is the reason for this post. Why? What can we do to make amends?

It is time Todd and the board met with the media as a whole and just opened the floor regarding ways to reconcile this agenda against the Bulldogs.

Allow them to let loose on the club and be honest with their reasons behind this agenda – let us know what we can do to improve.

We need to seek ways for our club to improve when it comes to dealing with the media and work with reporters and camera crews on a mutual agreement. I have no doubt in my mind that Todd has improved the relationship with the media since he took over, however, something is still not right and it needs to be fixed.

The media are always going to be looking for a story that will sell papers and have ears perking at 6pm. What is disappointing is the fact we have been squeeky clean for some time now that one small error (not even from one of our players) has brought us back down again because of a simmering fire that continues to burn us.

All of the positive news stories to come out of Belmore for the last few years are exactly that, positive. Positivity is not something that sells newspapers or creates controversy.

It's time to swallow our pride.

Let's keep giving them nothing but positivity. The longer we maintain an us-against-them attitude, the longer the battle will continue. We need to embrace the media.

P

Paint.

I think you'll find that the media is filthy with us because of the mentality the club has at the moment, Dessie doesnt like the media and tries to encourage the players to avoid journalists so as to keep the 'under the radar' mentality, and so players don't get ahead of themselves (eg Idris).

The media doesn't like being snubbed and so react with extra vigour when something happens to our club, as a form of 'revenge'

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
As long as we keep making Grand finals then Frankly my dear, I dont give a damn

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
This has to be the biggest beat up for pure self interest by Ch.9. They want this story to continue for some time until their ratings have improved. No amount of consideration will be enough to placate them; they want to feed on our dead carcass. This has to be one of the grubbiest attempts to pull every person with a grudge against us to feel good about airing their hate in public.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you'll find that the media is filthy with us because of the mentality the club has at the moment, Dessie doesnt like the media and tries to encourage the players to avoid journalists so as to keep the 'under the radar' mentality, and so players don't get ahead of themselves (eg Idris).

The media doesn't like being snubbed and so react with extra vigour when something happens to our club, as a form of 'revenge'
There is much more to it than this. The media's dislike of the Bulldogs has been there for years. I used to think it was because alot of people don't like the dogs (fools) therefore it sold papers/ads, but there is a lot of people who dislike Manly or Broncos but they don't get the same amount of negative publicity.

MrDogzOfWar

Dogz At War!
Reaction score
The media are always against us, also they always find negative stories about the bulldogs.. I don't know why the media and NRL hate the Bulldogs soo Much...

Fu*k all the HATERS Bulldogs Premiers 2013... Next season we got this!!

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree. Be positive.

But the club have been very, very positive in recent years with various programs running via the club to put something back into the community. And then we have all the players who came up to QLD and helped with the flood recovery in early 2011. It isn't too bad at the end of the day and recent events will blow over soon enough. :grinning:

League Freak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Look if the Dogs wants to have a decent working relationship with the media....they really do need to do this. Even if they only keep doing the bare minimum of media work (Which is their right!) they need to smooth things over.

Theyve had to do it in the past and they are a big enough club to be worth a targeted media campaign against them. They can either go through that or bring these media types in, tell them what they want to hear, and not have to deal with that constant crap.

Aaron

Utai Slam
Reaction score
Look if the Dogs wants to have a decent working relationship with the media....they really do need to do this. Even if they only keep doing the bare minimum of media work (Which is their right!) they need to smooth things over.

Theyve had to do it in the past and they are a big enough club to be worth a targeted media campaign against them. They can either go through that or bring these media types in, tell them what they want to hear, and not have to deal with that constant crap.
My point exactly.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The media are always against us, also they always find negative stories about the bulldogs.. I don't know why the media and NRL hate the Bulldogs soo Much...

Fu*k all the HATERS Bulldogs Premiers 2013... Next season we got this!!
I would rather have the media against us than with us tbh Fuck the media and anyone that has anything to do with it!

2013 is our year, you media motherfuckers just keep fueling our fire

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Truth of the matter is that the media is jewish owned and run and they don't like the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs demographics.

For those who think im nuts I ask you why did we change our name to the "Sydney Bulldogs" a while back? Trying to expand our supporter base or change the demographics of our team?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just ignore channel nines crap, it reeks of spying on people so they have something to whinge about, there was no face to face insult.
The fans deserve the apology, this has been the biggest anti climax to a GF in NRL history, last week I was wearing my jersey with pride now I'm embarrassed.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Agreed Uterus. Something needs to be done. It's something Todd will need to address with Des before they speak to the media however. If Des doesn't buy in, then there's no point.

Also, the club needs to do a lot more (I know they're doing some now...) media preparation work with the players, so they can handle themselves and require less protection from the media.

P

Paint.

There is much more to it than this. The media's dislike of the Bulldogs has been there for years. I used to think it was because alot of people don't like the dogs (fools) therefore it sold papers/ads, but there is a lot of people who dislike Manly or Broncos but they don't get the same amount of negative publicity.
Yep, I get you. I'm referring more to recent events (ie flag burning, Mad Monday), but overall that's obviously a huge part of their aim.

H

hazem_elmasri

Truth of the matter is that the media is jewish owned and run and they don't like the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs demographics.

For those who think im nuts I ask you why did we change our name to the "Sydney Bulldogs" a while back? Trying to expand our supporter base or change the demographics of our team?
Deadset..
Give your silly theories a rest.

ManlyMan

Waterboy: Geoff Toovey
Reaction score
Agreed Uterus. Something needs to be done. It's something Todd will need to address with Des before they speak to the media however. If Des doesn't buy in, then there's no point.

Also, the club needs to do a lot more (I know they're doing some now...) media preparation work with the players, so they can handle themselves and require less protection from the media.
That is a problematic statement - Des should not dictate terms, he is not the boss.

I know what you are saying, and if media training is provided this secretive under the radar type of stuff can be maintained - but as a supporter I am sure you like reading the good stories about your team, players need to be available for this to happen. There is no seceret the media is unhappy with the way the Bulldogs have interacted with the media this year, but if you truly believe that less media responsibility got your team to the GF, then I believe the team wont win a GF as they are evidently mentally fragile (making a point not being a sh!t stirrer). The team you guys have has quality across the park, they should be able to handle a few innocuous interviews.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score

Dunno about the Jew thing, but the whole media not working with us because of our demographics and geographical location is 100% correct. This is one racist fkn nation were living in.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

........ and irnoically "our saviour" Todd Green Berg himself is Jewish. Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's time to swallow our pride.
I say it's time that the NRL and the Media swallow their pride and come clean about the raw deal the Bulldogs have recieved all year !!!

The Storm was the better team on the day but what doesn't get mentioned is the fact that the Refs played for Storm also!

I know, I know.. I sound like a sore loser right?.. Well hear me out!

We haven't won a penalty count all year, win lose or draw I've complained about it all the same. It's been the same scenario in all but three games this year for the Bulldogs & that wasn't about to change against a News Limited team come Grand final day.

I'd also like to add that It's not the penalties given against I'm complaining about, It's the ones we dont get that have me peeved off. For example, The first half penalty count in the GF was very suspect. It seems Melbourne were never offside and didn't try slow our play the ball down the whole game?.. Such angels in Purple jerseys!

It's no wonder we had nothing left in the tank come second half.

Isn't it funny that the Media didn't mention this in their expert analysis of the game. I feel the penalties handed to Melbourne in the first half had a significant effect on the game compounded by the fact we recieved "one lousy penalty" deep in our own half on the first tackle. This was also noticed and relayed to me by other fans that follow Rugby League/other clubs..

We never had a chance and the funny thing is that most of us Dogs fans knew it. So please spare us the crap about a better team won or having to swallow our pride. It is our pride that keeps us strong.

With all biased media crap written all through finals series by these clowns that have ties with News limited, It's no wonder the players have had enough of two faced, agenda driven so called reporters In their face.

Its about time the Bulldogs get the respect they deserve. It seems having best attendences in Sydney, best merchandise sales, winning the most games in a regular season and making the Grand Final doesn't count for anything? But hearsay from a precious female journalist rates as front page news??? What a f*cking joke.

The Game's much better off with a Strong and healthy Canterbury.. It seems that there's people in the Media and deep within the game that think otherwise and we all know how stupid the so called decision makers of our game can be. One only needs to look at the TV rights and radio deals to confirm that.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
This title is misleading! I came here thinking someone was going to offer to "swallow my pride".

Status
Not open for further replies.