Sutton wears his Bronco badge proudly Again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cannot agree with the defence of Napa. I also find it hard to agree with the referees either, but they got this right.
Napa never at any stage attempted to make a tackle. He charged in with his arms out like a jumbo jet
and he made deliberate contact with the players head, with his head. He never attempted to wrap his arms around the player at any stage
like he is supposed to do.
In addition, I think the big problem with the NRL is the proliferation of gambling. The game is sponsored by a gambling group,
and it is very hard not to believe some of the results are not
contrived.

Last edited:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Cannot agree with the defence of Napa. I also find it hard to agree with the referees either, but they got this right.
Napa never at any stage attempted to make a tackle. He charged in with his arms out like a jumbo jet
and he made deliberate contact with the players head, with his head. He never attempted to wrap his arms around the player at any stage

In addition, I think the big problem with the NRL is the proliferation of gambling. The game is sponsored by a gambling group,
contrived.

cos Sims veered left as he say nappa coming towards him. Had he kept running straight he would have hit Nappa shoulder. once he changes direction at the last minute and also drops himself at he same time, he would have hit any body part from nappa, chest, head, neck, arm

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
contrived.
Spot on. In ref to napa he hasent stopped shoulder charging like everyone else he still does it but his lucky gets away with it. I think they should off left the shoulder charge alone as they themselves dont know what one is.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Napa did what he did to a Dogs player, this forum would be in uproar.

Sims has a broken jaw.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sims has a broken jaw.
Broken jaw from an accidental head clash.....
Its play on. Just like graham on burgess in 2014 grand final. Graham breaks burgress eye socket with a mis placed head...... It was play on.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Accidental head clashes are part of the game. Attacking the head of an opponent is a dog shot.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's a classic tackle gone wrong. NOT.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Sims has a broken jaw.
Thats not good. It was a head clash but i think napa has been very lucky with getting away with shoulder charges. Dont care what anyone says noone knows what a shoulder charge is they have stuffed it. Should off left it alone nrl has ruined the rules changing them. In ref to if it was a dogs player off course this forum would be in up roar it 'the kennel'

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People do know the rule.

SECTION 15
PLAYERS MISCONDUCT

1. A player is guilty of misconduct if he:

(b) when effecting or attempting to effect a tackle makes contact with the head or neck of an opponent intentionally, recklessly or carelessly.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No we havent, none of the refs will allow us to be competitive in games...’penalty’ to whoever we are up against, loss of momentum, defend for the next 15 minutes solid, watch the game drift away then wait for the inevitable 3 penalties at the end of the game to make the tally look reasonable...

NRL is dying faster than any other sport i am aware of sadly
yep and if we make a rare line break or have momentum we always get stopped for a player down about 30+ metres away.... like last week when they stopped us on our last tackle, allowed Parra fullback and wingers to get set... bloody joke.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If dogs lose i get 7 from 8 in tipping this week... with that prick Sutton costing me the Chooks tip.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL were aware of the Sutton statistic at Suncorp, yet still appointed him. They need a competitive Brisbane side for tv ratings and crowds. The call against Napa was horrendous but what about the call at 22-22 when they deemed that a pass that went through the hands backwards of a Cronk break was a knock on.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The NRL were aware of the Sutton statistic at Suncorp, yet still appointed him. They need a competitive Brisbane side for tv ratings and crowds. The call against Napa was horrendous but what about the call at 22-22 when they deemed that a pass that went through the hands backwards of a Cronk break was a knock on.
yep, that call on cronk was fucked... clearly knocked out by Broncos... fucked result but im just glad that the rest of the league is starting to see Suttons for the corrupt ***** they are.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve had people come up to me and say how can you complain, you won the penalties 10-6. Penalties mean shit. Referees often give a cluster of them to either make up for an error or to even things up.
It’s the crucial calls that count.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now if tonight's Broncos Roosters clash didn't dispel any notion that Gerard Sutton is a card carrying Bronco acolyte, then nothing will.
Sutton sends Napa to the bin for in the 74th for '...leading with the head'.
Surely that makes Black Friday and our round 9 travesty look like thoroughly reasonable decision
Fuck you and your horse fuck, Sutton!
He (& his brothers) are Souths fans & card carrying members.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone know that the broncos have been awarded the least amount of penalties this season??

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL need Brisbane to succeed , that’s why they get a leg up every year. This season they were gifted matches v Tigers, Dogs and Roosters.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL need Brisbane to succeed , that’s why they get a leg up every year. This season they were gifted matches v Tigers, Dogs and Roosters.
Although you are a roosters supporter i will agree with ya :grinning: . It is very important for both the NRL and channel 9 to see brisbane go well.

Status
Not open for further replies.