Sutton - “Difficulties adapting to the club’s defensive structure”

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sutton reportedly met with club officials to reveal he had difficulties adapting to the club’s defensive structure before he was granted permission to depart.

I get it, he's told to do it but there is nothing to be done hence the confusion.

Malla

Reaction score
LOL sorry but this is comical. A bloke that supposedly gets paid to play first grade footy can't adapt to a defensive structure? He trying to safe face and pin it back on the team? Please. Back to ESL you go champ

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BULLDOGS DEFENSIVE WOES

After yet another heavy defeat at the hands of the Panthers, a damning Bulldogs trend has been exposed.

Rookie coach Cameron Ciraldo masterminded Penrith’s defence during their premiership-winning 2021 and 2022 campaigns.

But he hasn’t been able to replicate that success in Belmore, with the Bulldogs having conceded the most points of any team in 2023.

What’s worse is the next team has leaked a staggering 84 points less, with the Dragons having let in 509 points in their 18 appearances.

Canterbury-Bankstown’s points differential also sits at -262 with their nearest opponent being the 17th placed Tigers at -199.

Ivan Cleary’s side then ran riot in the first half at BlueBet Stadium on Sunday afternoon, adding to what was an already dire statistic.

In the last six games the Bulldogs have conceded 44.6 points per 80 minutes with a 66-0 flogging at the hands of the nights included in those scorelines.

Ciraldo, along with Bulldogs powerbrokers, have reportedly gone about fixing their squad with both Raymond Faitala-Mariner and Ryan Sutton informed they are free to negotiate with rivals.

But the Bulldogs desperately need to inject some desire and spark in their defence with “huge concerns” being raised.

“It is a huge concern for the club and the season they are having,” Braith Anasta said.

“Given the fact Cameron Ciraldo is a noted defensive coach, and we saw some improvement in that at the start of the season,” Ennis said.

But you can see there, over the last six games they are averaging 45 points per game, again today 44 points and really Penrith took the foot of the throttle.

“They came up with a few passes they don’t often throw.”

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s just a nice way to spin that he wants out of this dumpster fire of a season we are having. With Lane’s injury I wouldnt be surprised if he angles for a move to Parramatta.
If we can get this dud, RFM & Thompson off the books we should have more than enough to sign Haas and/or Tino pretty easily

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL sorry but this is comical. A bloke that supposedly gets paid to play first grade footy can't adapt to a defensive structure? He trying to safe face and pin it back on the team? Please. Back to ESL you go champ
I think there’s way more going on behind the scenes than we’ll ever know. Sounding like Ciraldo is losing the playing group to me though.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All jokes aside when potter was in charge he stripped it back and we played much more better attacking footy across the board.

This year it’s like we don’t have an attacking coach even though potter is in charge of it it looks as though ciraldo has his stupid imprint all over it like the defence.

It’s a damn simple game
Yet the amount of times players stood still against Penrith and not sure where to go is simply f,,ked.

Paying a coach 800k a season for this garbage is so stupid .

What about the number of times while passing a ball went to ground also.
They are shackled and it’s obvious.
Hey Gus are your reading this??!

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s just a nice way to spin that he wants out of this dumpster fire of a season we are having. With Lane’s injury I wouldnt be surprised if he angles for a move to Parramatta.
If we can get this dud, RFM & Thompson off the books we should have more than enough to sign Haas and/or Tino pretty easily
Laundy and Gus need to Nail both Haas and Tino then we will be back.
We don’t have anyone expect TPJ close to one million and that’s it.
Send him packing also.

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sutton reportedly met with club officials to reveal he had difficulties adapting to the club’s defensive structure before he was granted permission to depart.

I get it, he's told to do it but there is nothing to be done hence the confusion.
We have a defensive structure? Mmm….. it’s not working CC or we lack the right players.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As much as Ciraldo is making bizarre decisions, I don't buy into this whole defensive structure bullshit..

Rugby League isn't a complicated sport. Tackle the man with the ball and defenders on either side come across and help..

No matter how shit the structure and coaching may be, that doesn't excuse the players from horrible misses on the goal line and conceding line breaks/tries on kick chases etc..

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think there’s way more going on behind the scenes than we’ll ever know. Sounding like Ciraldo is losing the playing group to me though.
That’s great

Now they can all go find new clubs cause there absolutely useless