Surely Hoppa can't be in the starting 13?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambrose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I have no problem with Hoppa. I have no problem with getting him on the cheap to provide depth.
I can't get my head around having a player in your starting 13 that won't be at the GF if you make it?
Most people here think we have no chance of making the GF, but still. Surely you have to go about the season thinking you can.
No worries for injury cover. Might need him at the start of the season to slowly ease new/young guys into the team but after that you can't consider him in your best team? Can you?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have no problem with Hoppa. I have no problem with getting him on the cheap to provide depth.
I can't get my head around having a player in your starting 13 that won't be at the GF if you make it?
Most people here think we have no chance of making the GF, but still. Surely you have to go about the season thinking you can.
No worries for injury cover. Might need him at the start of the season to slowly ease new/young guys into the team but after that you can't consider him in your best team? Can you?
He will play the GF, he said so himself.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
are you sure he said he will play gf? i think the gf will make him more determined to not play because its a bigger sacrifice

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
are you sure he said he will play gf? i think the gf will make him more determined to not play because its a bigger sacrifice
I am 100% certain I read that someone said he will play.... there were some articles around but im not sure if there were any direct quotes..

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My backline would be:

1. Brad Abbey
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Richard Kennar
5. Brenko Lee

For me hoppa just doesn't provide anything besides depth. He was quite average this year and without him on sundays he can't hold a major spot in our team such as fullback.

I think our new signings of kennar & lee can add alot to our team and abbey deserves a shot at fullback.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He will play centres next year an I reckon he will supprise a few by being one of the top 3 centres in 2017, he is far better suited to centres, he has decent pace for a centre, very strong and has got good footwork and fend to get on the outside of his opposite .

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He will play centres next year an I reckon he will supprise a few by being one of the top 3 centres in 2017, he is far better suited to centres, he has decent pace for a centre, very strong and has got good footwork and fend to get on the outside of his opposite .
He will play well across the whole backline now that he is physically back up to speed with NRL footy. He has always had a good footy brain.

He averaged the most kick return metres of any player and had players like Munster and Wighton just behind him that are known for their strong kick returns. He also averaged the 2nd most tackle breaks at the dogs behind Brett and made the 4th most offloads. I kinda wanna see him play in the backrow tbh.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
My backline would be:

1. Brad Abbey
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Richard Kennar
5. Brenko Lee

For me hoppa just doesn't provide anything besides depth. He was quite average this year and without him on sundays he can't hold a major spot in our team such as fullback.

I think our new signings of kennar & lee can add alot to our team and abbey deserves a shot at fullback.
Is brenko lee a centre or winger?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
He will play well across the whole backline now that he is physically back up to speed with NRL footy. He has always had a good footy brain.

He averaged the most kick return metres of any player and had players like Munster and Wighton just behind him that are known for their strong kick returns. He also averaged the 2nd most tackle breaks at the dogs behind Brett and made the 4th most offloads. I kinda wanna see him play in the backrow tbh.
How about playing players in there position hopa as centre and Bmoz as winger than get abbey to play fullback.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
But has he got the speed to be a winger I just thought he might be slow for a winger.
Raiders put him on the wing to cover for his cousin edrick while he was injured. I didnt think he was bad. I actually havn't seen him play at centre since he hasn't played much first grade

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If he won't make himself available for all finals games it shouldn't be his choice whether he plays in a grand final anyway.

He's not even that good. I'd be happy to never see him play first grade for us again. I don't even want him as depth. Wish we would put his ridiculous contract through the shredder tbh.

William Hopoate can fuck right off and stop taking advantage of our club as far as I'm concerned.

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Bench utility covers most positions in the backline , and when he's praying he won't be missed

Status
Not open for further replies.