Support - or there lack of (James Graham)

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bloody well said old chap..Have been behind Jammer since get go..If James says he didnt bite him, then who am i to call him a liar, its as simply as that.

well he does seem like a hard and tough but fair and a guy with integrity and added to that champion and respected guys like des and todd backing him to the hilt

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
I believe that James is a noble man. If he did something wrong, he would put his hand up and admit his fault, cope his penalty and move on. But he believed he did no wrong here, stood up for that belief and was ready to accept any verdict. He did so with pose, grace and humility. He has held his head high, even when all the media were against him.

Thanks for the post mate, nicely put.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
If you knew James personally, you would have a view about whether he did it.

Its hard to believe, despite all the media crap, that he actually did it. He has protested his innocence and copped a hefty penalty because of that, full well knowing that this was the likely outcome. Just goes to show you the type of person he is.

The three people deciding the case do not have to give reasons or tell anyone why they are convinced. Anyone who thinks that the Judiciary Panel finding him guilty is a black mark on his character obviously knows very little about the way things go on down there.

Support your club. Recognise the support it has thrown behind its player even in the face of the outcome. Don't be a bandwagoner ready to jump off when the going is getting tough in the media!

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Like our slogan for this season, Together. Forever.

Sounds like we're at the Mardi Gras but you get the point. :p

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whole-heartedly agree Gingerbread Man!!

Together.Forever

steve_mortimer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been to give evidence as a referee at judiciary many times over the past 18 years and have seen and heard some pretty amazing cock and bull stories fed by players and advocates/lawyers to get them off...and it has sometimes worked!

I may be wrong but from what I heard on Fox sports news the other day Slater could not confirm who bit him. If it was QLD Cup it would have been thrown out on that alone. However it is done and dusted and we move on from here.

Onwards and upwards people. :grinning:

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
I believe that James is a noble man. If he did something wrong, he would put his hand up and admit his fault, cope his penalty and move on. But he believed he did no wrong here, stood up for that belief and was ready to accept any verdict. He did so with pose, grace and humility. He has held his head high, even when all the media were against him.

Thanks for the post mate, nicely put.
you should know better tbh

Stanna man

Kennel Established
Reaction score
"After the hearing, Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg said Graham was ''shattered'', and while he said it was a ''fair and just process'', he maintained his player's innocence. ''We disagree with the ruling,'' Greenberg said".

I for one am sticking firm and strong with his innocence like Todd and Des are. Unlike some other supposedly doggies supporters (Trolls) on this forum, I believe the most important attribute of being a doggies supporter or any supporter is being loyal and stand up for your brothers. That is the definition of 'support' - To hold in position or to bear the weight of, so as to keep from falling.

It's disgusting that some of these so called doggies supporters can sit there behind their keyboards or behind their smart phones/tablets ready to cast judgement on a bloke that has played his heart out all year. He has made hit up after hit up and tackled to a stand still all for your entertainment. He has stood up to people like Sam Burgess and Jason King for you and the emblem that is stitched to his chest. Make no mistake, James Graham will stand up for his brothers when times are tough, now look into your hearts and see whether you have the courage and fortitude to do the same for him. Todd Greenberg and Des Hasler maintains his innocence and is standing by supporting James Graham.

To all you cowards that have sharpen your knives ready to backstab your own player who maintains their innocence - your loyalty is as strong as the traitor in 300 - Ephialtes. May you live forever with your fragile spines. You should make your avatar to this picture below immediately. It would also seem appropriate that you photoshop James Graham at the end of that spear.

To everyone else, stand by your brothers no matter what the media or your jealous fork tongue friends, acquaintances, workmates or strangers are saying. We will become stronger and more determined in years to come. Use this anger, disappointment and frustration as motivation to become better, bigger, stronger and faster next year. Make no mistake, we will be back.

Just Curious as i believe if a man is going in to this battle ( Judiciary ) knowing its a losing battle i'm certain he would plead guilty to lessen the charge,
Graham went in there believing he is Innocent despite what pictures "Apparently" show..

Did Billy Slater have a Bite mark on the INSIDE OF HIS EAR?????

League Freak

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You have all the support in the world....until you run 40 meters across a field thinking "I want to bite his ear off".

Then, rightfully, you're on your own you crazy pommy idiot!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
As much as I don't like it, he was found guilty. So, I accept that he is guilty; and I accept that the 12 week suspension stands.

I also accept that Melbourne are a faultless team that never put a foot wrong.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i was a big fan of james graham right up till the moment in question of the biting incident. its his word against visual images from many cameras at the game, he says he didnt bite, well thats fine.
ive got my own opinion of it, and have my own thoughts of james graham, im not going to bag the bloke or praise him, its best left alone to settle down

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Spot on Gingerbread Man...
As I said in the other thread deep down something tells me he is telling the truth... I believe he did not bite him...

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I would be safe to say that, the biggest game next year for me will be round 9..and i dont even care who its against..

P

Paint.

Im surprised no one has said anything yet...

'there lack of'

lol

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll be buying a jersey next year with his number on it. I honestly believe he did not do it. If a player thought he was getting bitten on the ear they would go absolutely psycho in self preservation Slater had almost no reaction. He'd just been involved in a headlock/had numerous punches thrown at him/been swung around like a rag doll any of which could have done the injuries.

Todd should, even as a publicity stunt, get Graham to do a Polygraph.

jimmyjames

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Judiciary was shown video from 11 different sources.

Not one frame shows a definitive bite.

The verdict was pure public relations.

Status
Not open for further replies.