Stfu Ennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Common sense? Absolute garbage. It's a clear obstruction, very simple. Hoppa is in the line and makes contact with Maloney and as a result Maloney is clearly obstructed. Why should Maloney have to dodge an attacker that's in the way? Seriously? Hoppa messed up and it's clear no try.
The only thing clear about the obstruction is that Maloney had a shot at stopping Mbye and failed. it was his poor defence and falling off the tackle that resulted in the try.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow I think you should take yoga classes or something . That's too much hate for a club legend
C'mon Wolfie we all know you have the hots for Ennis. Since when is Ennis a Bulldogs club legend???

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow I think you should take yoga classes or something . That's too much hate for a club legend
in my humble opinion, it's quite hard to put him under the category of "club legend" since we have not won a grand final under him being our captain and he has played for five clubs including us. he will always be remembered as a shark since he has won a premiership with them.
i was a massive Ennis fan when he played for us but now he has just gone pure against us and it is very annoying and yes i do take yoga classes and it's the best feeling. the stretch you feel is amazing :tonguewink:

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still punching on with the Grim Reaper lol

How you been?
Keep punching pal don't let the bastard win :grinning: Have my own health issues but still kicking which is the main thing.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Put those decisions aside
Ennis always lays the boot into the dogs whenever he can
And pisses in the sharks pockets
Before sharks game he was ratting on about how good hokko is blah blah
Brandy turned around n said he defensive laterally is shit coz his knees are cooked, leaked that many trys at Knights coz of it
Ennis: his had some "leg dramas" Lololol he's got knees like a snake, non exsistent
He really pisses me off these days

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mbye and Brown incidents were no trys.

If we were on the recieving end of the Mbye decision the Kennel would be in meltdown

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Put those decisions aside
Ennis always lays the boot into the dogs whenever he can
And pisses in the sharks pockets
Before sharks game he was ratting on about how good hokko is blah blah
Brandy turned around n said he defensive laterally is shit coz his knees are cooked, leaked that many trys at Knights coz of it
Ennis: his had some "leg dramas" Lololol he's got knees like a snake, non exsistent
He really pisses me off these days
Totally agree 100%

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The only thing clear about the obstruction is that Maloney had a shot at stopping Mbye and failed. it was his poor defence and falling off the tackle that resulted in the try.
It's absolutely irrelevant that he "had a shot", he is clearly obstructed and the prevents him from getting across the field as freely as he should have. It's not his responsibility to dodge attackers that are wrongly positioned in the line.

Look at this still, Hoppa is clearly obstructing Maloney and that prevents him from sliding. Maloney is prevented from getting a fair crack and that's why it's an obstruction. It doesn't matter than he still got there, he simply didn't get into as good as a position as he would have if Hoppa wasn't there.

Screenshot_20180325-143235.png

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's absolutely irrelevant that he "had a shot", he is clearly obstructed and the prevents him from getting across the field as freely as he should have. It's not his responsibility to dodge attackers that are wrongly positioned in the line.

Look at this still, Hoppa is clearly obstructing Maloney and that prevents him from sliding. Maloney is prevented from getting a fair crack and that's why it's an obstruction. It doesn't matter than he still got there, he simply didn't get into as good as a position as he would have if Hoppa wasn't there.

View attachment 5397
A picture is worth a thousand words but that only tells part of the story where is the picture the still frame shot where Maloney fails to stop Mbye due to his poor defense??? That is the real story. Hopa's in frame for all of 1 hundredth of a second Maloney still had ample time to make the tackle!!!

Last edited:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This has to be the worst rule in a game full of bad rules, but according to the rule it should have been no try.
What piss me off is with 10 minutes to go in the game Marshal-King was smashed late and high by Wallace after kicking the ball close to the Penrith line, robing Canterbury of possibly scoring a try the ref refused to penalize Wallace shifting the momentum in Penrith's favor leading to their last try. Why would any one be talking about that ? it's not important !

Last edited:

timetopisshasleroff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We got screwd with a decision last week against chooks, got benefit of the doubt, mybe beat 2 defenders to score as well.
Id be filthy with refs if i was tigers supporters, that was discraceful , fuck golden point, a great result allround was 7-7 at fulltime. Ennis has a right to have his opinion and express it, at least he is not one eyed like mumbles Alexander!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score

View attachment 5397
he rushed up out of his line to meet the decoys and thats why contact was made, so i think its his responsibility to avoid it

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Are we going to start a new thread every time Ennis says something that a Bulldogs fan doesn't like about our club or something that happens during a dogs game. It's his job to discuss these things.

Sounds good
Why not

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
A picture is worth a thousand words but that only tell part of the story where is the picture where Maloney fails to stop Mbye due to his poor defense??? That is the real story!!!
Who gives a fuck. Hoppa obstructs Maloney and he is prevented from sliding across freely, simple as that and that's where it ends. Maloneys defensive abilities are completely irrelevant in this situation.

So what because someone's a bad defender then it doesn't matter if they're obstructed? Really? Does an obstruction only count if he's a good defender? Pfft..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
he rushed up out of his line to meet the decoys and thats why contact was made, so i think its his responsibility to avoid it
No he didn't.

jmaamary

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It absolutely should not have been a try, no idea how anyone thinks otherwise.
I agree with you but let’s look at from this angle. What IF Maloney chose to shoot up and engage Hoppa and when he realised that he is the decoy so pushes away from Hoppa and then goes to try and tackle Moses. What is the decoy supposed to do, disappear of better yet ban decoy runners? I think by the letter of the law it’s a no try but what if Maloney did make the wrong decision

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It absolutely should not have been a try, no idea how anyone thinks otherwise.
Well Steve blocker roach explained why it should have been a try...

Might take the diving out of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.