Steve Clark you moron!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Yep.

Same guy makes completely different decision for almost identical tries, a day apart. Guerra had no control at all and the ball was barely touching his fingertips as it hit the ground. Not only that but it was ruled NO TRY by the onfield ref. It was a terrible call!

I'm sure the new rule is the player has to have control, not just a fingertip on the ball like a few years ago. That's why I said I thought Lafai's was dodgy, BUT the onfield ref ruled try so it should have stood. As someone in the commentary said, play it as normal speed and it's fine.

Not as if it wasn't a blatant rort last night but having two very similar incidents that were ruled differently by the same guy highlights what a disgrace the refereeing is.

FYI, Dragons were only down 12-10 when they awarded the guerra try, making it difficult for them to get the win.
I kinda feel sorry for the Merge... If we get overruled, Guerra should too.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He probably got a reaming for his poor decision last night.

Didn't want to make another one.

Benji just got awarded one too.......Lafai's was more clear cut than either of the two awarded tonight.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters had another try awarded that had dubious grounding. Greg Alexander was adamant both tries were good, but also said there were two tries not awarded last night. I assume he means Stanley's and Lafai's. I disagree about Guerra's. Should have been no try.

Roosters ended up winning 30-22 and go ahead of us with a much better f/a.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
*throws hands in the air*

I honestly give up.

Same video ref makes same call in 2 nights, with a different result. Absolutely no consistency.

The only thing that SHOULD be consistent, is the NRL telling Cecchin and Clark to both find another job first thing Monday morning.

It is NOT good enough.

Perhaps people need to vote with their wallts and not turn up to games until something is done about the officials in the game.

Poor turnouts put pressure on the clubs, who in turn put pressure on the NRL who start asking questions about why crowds are poor. NRL are accountable for the poor crowds and therefore HAVE to make changes.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How is Steve Clark still employed, he has been at the center of some of the worst clangers over the past decade. Must be one of archers cronies

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How is Steve Clark still employed, he has been at the center of some of the worst clangers over the past decade. Must be one of archers cronies
He is the tab's best employee, he will never get sacked.

Bashman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't know why they have video refs at the ground. They should be in a bunker at NRL headquarters

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I don't know why they have video refs at the ground. They should be in a bunker at NRL headquarters
Has been discussed for bringing in as early as next year.

Idea would be that a panel of ex NRL players, refs and NRL employees would comprise of The Bunker, and they would sit in and observe every match, but only step in when a video ref is called on.

What has me wondering is what if there are two calls for hte video ref at two games, at the same time. Do we then wait around 10 minutes for a decision.

Also doesn't necessarily mean it will be fair.

If anything it should comprise of:
1 ex player (same every game)
1 ex ref (same every game)
3 NRL employees (same every game)
4 (2 representative from each club playing in that game.)

That's 9 people. Each persons decision is worth 10% of the call, with a maximum score of 90%.
If over 50% of them say try, a try is awarded. This means that 5 of the 9 (a majority) need to say try before a try is awarded. It also takes away the potential for a 50/50 result.

So even if the 2 club representatives said "try" (20% yes), it would then require 3 (30%) others to say yes (out of 2 other club reps, 1 ex ref, 1 ex player, and 3 nrl employees).

To me, that's a system that would be fair and make sense.

At the ground they have a percentage bar which shows when each person locks in a Yes/No vote.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
U could put 40 ****** in there and theyd still get it wrong coz these pricks have never played the game nor have any common sense!!! An absolute shambles of an organisation the refs are and they answer to no one
heck if i didnt have anyone to answer too id be a shit ***** toooo

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
They cover their corruption with "wrong calls"

CAPZ

Waterboy
Reaction score
Inventive idea and something needs to be done but its too complicated and labour intensive. I like the idea of a bunker but the people in it need to be smart rl people with common sense.

Edroy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has been discussed for bringing in as early as next year.

Idea would be that a panel of ex NRL players, refs and NRL employees would comprise of The Bunker, and they would sit in and observe every match, but only step in when a video ref is called on.

What has me wondering is what if there are two calls for hte video ref at two games, at the same time. Do we then wait around 10 minutes for a decision.

Also doesn't necessarily mean it will be fair.

If anything it should comprise of:
1 ex player (same every game)
1 ex ref (same every game)
3 NRL employees (same every game)
4 (2 representative from each club playing in that game.)

That's 9 people. Each persons decision is worth 10% of the call, with a maximum score of 90%.
If over 50% of them say try, a try is awarded. This means that 5 of the 9 (a majority) need to say try before a try is awarded. It also takes away the potential for a 50/50 result.

So even if the 2 club representatives said "try" (20% yes), it would then require 3 (30%) others to say yes (out of 2 other club reps, 1 ex ref, 1 ex player, and 3 nrl employees).

To me, that's a system that would be fair and make sense.

At the ground they have a percentage bar which shows when each person locks in a Yes/No vote.
It will only take half an hour to make a decision with your system. Ridiculous lol.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
13th best attack. If we fix that, we don't have to rely on video ref decisions going our way.

moeybulldog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't ****en understand how a few of the tries over the weekend were almost similar or even worse than lafai's put down and still they got the try. We were robbed !

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guaranteed dessie would have sent a ton of footage to tony archer and a pretty scathing email/phone call

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Wtf? A 10 person video ref box? Yes let's make the system even more complicated than it already is.....

What they need to do is remove the ability for refs to go to the video ref for anything other than grounding and whether the player touched the sideline or not.

Everything else the referees need to be accountable for. Having video refs for these other decisions hasn't improved the accuracy one bit.

They also need to do away with 2 referees. Worst decision ever.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
The inconsistencies are driving people away from the game. I still can't believe that our tries were somehow not as certain as the exact same tries that were awarded this weekend. Each, time a game swung on the decisions. It's going to be fun if this happens during the finals.

Can you imagine how the coaches will squeal if we win a game on a contentious try ruling?

Bulldog Joe

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Has the NRL come out and admitted they got the decision wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.