Official Stephen Crichton signs with the Bulldogs 2024

Do you think Crighton will make a good fullback?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my main concern. We let Schoupp and Allan go and still have too many centres for next season lol. I’m scratching my head wondering where they’re all gonna play! Skelton could play back row perhaps and Alamoti probably too (if he’ll make the grade at all) but Kiraz is best at centre imo. Xerri afaik is only a centre. He’s probably a “project” cheap deal though so they probably haven’t thought that far ahead in terms of thinking he’ll definitely be one of the centres in the top grade. Then we have Burns, Perham? and possibly Crichton? Not sure of Perham’s best position. Hopefully it’s wing, a position we’re not flush with options. Casey and Kiraz are probably most likely candidates there, which doesn’t give me much confidence.
Remember this -

Every premiership winning team has great depth.

I feel the stars are aligning for 2024.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
FMD he has played plenty of fullback and filled in for edwards where he excelled. i think CC and Gus know what they are doing, the kid is a superstar
One thing that excites me about Crichton is that we haven't really seen his best yet. Typically Panthers have dominated and there edges have had it easy walking in tries. Crichton probably have some moves and power we haven't seen yet.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
While mixed emotions it comes down to trusting Gus and CC know what they doing.

Another thing in the back of my head is Crichton is only 22! Worst case he doesn’t nail fullback. He goes back to an edge of burton, kikau, Crichton Jac.. and hope that kid we rate so highly coming through is as good as hyped for fullback…
Yeh mate I agree, we won't know the $$$(though there will be a million darts thrown to guess it plus the liberal add on a bit rants, who cares)so i have faith in the brains trust we have leading us to the promised land too.
Nothing bad about this signing imo..welcome aboard..now how's that real circus for a 7 going?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Man people are obsessed with player salaries.
I know hey!! The amount of emerging salary cap co-ordinators on here is staggering lol
Dont worry about the coin we won't know anyway so move on from said bs and speculation.
It will be fine until he has a bad game, then it will be(with the customary over-inflation of his price tag) "our million dollar fullback is puss fuck him off :grinning:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bro if you’re confident about Flanno improving..but not Crichton!! He will surprise a few on here. He is the ability to be on the right place right time, is a supreme athlete, super fit, fast, great hands and is a scandal free nice guy who has the balls to dominate multiple clutch moments in big occasions. He is only 22 and will be a gun for us. A top line FB for 800k. I reckon CC and Gus know what Crichton is capable of better than some on here.
Better than all on here..CC has spent the last 7 years with this kid and Gus brought him to Panther..
Noone is infallible of course but they know best and easily so.

Doggone1975

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Any idea of mathematics, thats around 6.5 % of our cap for a spine player . . . . Gus is better at maths than you . . .off you go back to twitter you twot
You're going nowhere with that post you twit

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I have no doubt he has been signed for FB, and he’ll be given every opportunity and a lengthy stint to make the position his own. But, let’s say it fails, the worst case scenario is we might have slightly over paid for an elite centre. It’s not the worst situation and doesn’t destroy the cap, especially with so many other moving parts. Gus has shown he can get a lot of value out of players in other positions ie King, Kiraz. If Critta did end up at Centre, it’s similar to most other teams who have paid top $ for one of the centres, Cowboys have Holmes, Roosters have Manu, Broncos have Staggs, even Lomax is reported to be on top $ at the Dragons. I’ll get behind Critta 100%, no matter what number is on his back, we’ll be a better team with him in it IMO.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The kid is 22? He is only going to get better. IF he is coming to the Bulldogs it should excite us because at 22 he hasn’t matured yet as a footballer and we don’t know how much better he can be on top of how good he already is.