SOS Craig Bellamy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before making hasler the most paid coach ever by offering him $1.5 million per year, call Bellamy's management team and offer him $2 million per year!

Reactions: DT

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Before making hasler the most paid coach ever by offering him $1.5 million per year, call Bellamy's management team and offer him $2 million per year!
Now thats an intelligent thought, give the boy some candy!! oooops... I must apologise, sorry, I forgot its School Holliday's.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless Bellamy is going to bring Smith and Cronk with him there's point.
He was very lucky to have those players for his entire career it's similar to Des at Manly.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His the smartest club coach in the NRL, every player that's played under him his turned into a gem or has fitted into his game plan without fail! And when players are not performing they bloody know about it!

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh like others i would like to see him be as successful without Smith, Cronk, Slater in the side. IF Des can play the right players in the right positions, and learn when to give up on a style of play thats failing, or a player that is, we will be fine keeping him. Besides i am hoping if we do get rid of Des we get someone with a dogs connection (like i wanted Dymock as coach when we signed Des instead)

Reactions: GDR

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bellamy without Smith and Cronk would be a fringe top 8 side.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We must be super stupid to spend that much on a coach.

Think of it this way, if we really do want to keep Des on, there's only around 4 clubs that can afford that type of salary. Of those 4 clubs, and I'm only speculating that they would probably be the Bulldogs, Broncos, Roosters and Rabbitohs, there are technically only 3 that can do it as we make up one of the 4 power brokers.

From the 3 external clubs, at least 2 of them are satisfied with their existing coach (Broncos and Roosters). That realistically leaves the Rabbitohs that could make a play. Seeing the Maguire inked a new deal last year (from memory), it's unlikely they would be interested either.

So, I would be saying take less or walk....simple.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If I can be frank here
Belemy is a good coach
No disputing that
But you take cam smith and Cronk out
And his results will decline

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Bellamy is a complete and utter shitcunt.

Cheated to get the players be had and still reaps the rewards.

His dirty tactics have caused more than a few serious injuries/retirements before now.

Fuck no to Bellamy. He's a **** of the highest order.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bellamy is a complete and utter shitcunt.

Cheated to get the players be had and still reaps the rewards.

His dirty tactics have caused more than a few serious injuries/retirements before now.

Fuck no to Bellamy. He's a **** of the highest order.
Im sensing you perhaps dont like him

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes pls and bring cooper and smith with you

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He wont leave Storm.. neither will the 'Big 3'

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bellamy is a great coach when it comes to development of fringe first graders and tactics which has revolutionised the game.Don't forget having Slater, Cronk and Smith will guarantee you success. Bellamy was found out during his tenure as the NSW coach. If Bellamy were to come to the Bulldogs we would be in a similar position as with Des right now

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL Bellamy is another Jason Taylor without Cronk, Smith and Slater. So lets not offer him $2million a season.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if we had Bellamy as coach for the amount of time hasler has been with us, would we be in a better position in the football department including recruitment, development and juniors coming through? I believe we would! I know hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I'm just trying to compare them to each other, and I know there is no way we would be where we are with Bellamy being at the dogs!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
If I can be frank here
Belemy is a good coach
No disputing that
But you take cam smith and Cronk out
And his results will decline
I think so but does that mean he gets to hang on to maloney and widdop?

Melbourne pump out some incredible talent for a cap compliant team.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Bellamy is overrated he proved that in SOO let's see how good he is when all his star players retire .

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I guess the main problem to this idea would be he is contracted to the Storm until the end of next season and see zero chance he would look to break contract and leave. If anyone wants Bellamy, you'd have to make a offer to him at the time Cronk and Smith retire (and maybe Slater assuming he is physically capable of playing a whole season this year which I still doubt).

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bellamy is overrated he proved that in SOO let's see how good he is when all his star players retire .
He was a flop at Origin, because he was coaching the Blues.

He isn't a complete miracle worker.

He will always have star players, they are coached to replace another star players.

He even coached Brett Finch to be a 'star' player.

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Mal Maninga showed that with the right cattle you can be a super coach. Bellamy I think like stinky is a good comunicator with his players. I think he brings out the best that the players have.
In saying that without the super spine he has he would would have an average record not any better than Des in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.