So which outside backs are off contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Gideon Gela-mosby would still be a good pick up. He is an excitement machine and still only 21.
He is signed with the cowboys until the end of next year, but surely they would let him go if he had a better opportunity. He doesnt seem likely to crack their fg side and he has already been overtaken by Javid Bowen.
Surely you could pick him up pretty cheap too.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
If we can get Ferguson, we’re laughing.

The bloke is a beast; a dangerous wild animal.
If your talking about Blake Ferguson?... Hes overrated in my opinion... Very hot and cold... Probably due to he's not that smart

Mike_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Would keep the Morris twins on 300k a year. Invest the savings in a better 5/8 and strengthen bench if the right players are available.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’d kill for chambers. Don’t rate Dylan walker.

Mike_b’s strategy is good though. Cap allocation should always go towards halves, fullback and hooker. We have nice up and coming outside backs, and id prefer to blood them.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Would keep the Morris twins on 300k a year. Invest the savings in a better 5/8 and strengthen bench if the right players are available.
We don't need to recruit bench players, we need to recruit top 13 players. Our team badly needs a gun outside back or 2.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we need to get barba back playing out of his skin regardless of what he has done he is a good player
but there is something wrong with most players but he is a cock outside what he does on the field
if not have a crack at fergason or mansour we need a power back either way moz twins are sadly done isaako is from sydney could entise him back or even koribete from super boredom rugby
i would say val holmes but no point in paying 800 for a winger

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are two players I think we are going to target Brian kelly from Manly and Cory Dennis from Newcastle.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Morris brothers will just decline more and more with each year. Its better to make the change a year too early then a year too late.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Morris brothers will be extended. They still have a lot to offer when they get decent ball and have a decent half/second rower inside them.
You are right, I believe it's way too early to predict which position we need to fix, it all depend on who will rise to the first grade challenge and who will not, Mbye is an example.
Questionable positions requires upgrading to classy levels are:
A Center a Five eight/Halfback and a Running Second row

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Morris brothers will just decline more and more with each year. Its better to make the change a year too early then a year too late.
Brett is a definite no. Josh is a maybe for me though still unlikely.

JAYDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hayes,Just a hunch or inside word?I like them both.Big future's in the game..

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are right, I believe it's way too early to predict which position we need to fix, it all depend on who will rise to the first grade challenge and who will not, Mbye is an example.
Questionable positions requires upgrading to classy levels are:
A Center a Five eight/Halfback and a Running Second row
Josh morris could be our running second row and is a great defender dont know if he is fit enough though

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Josh morris could be our running second row and is a great defender dont know if he is fit enough though
I have been saying it for couple of years, It's really up to him to prolong his career.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Plus. Oates is related to the moore family... this could happen
Man Oates is a weapon. 6 foot 3, easier for him to defend high balls against most attacking sides. 60 tries from 100 games. 60% strike rate.

Purely on numbers I take him over Mansour at 6 foot and 104 games for 53 tries. 51% strike rate.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man Oates is a weapon. 6 foot 3, easier for him to defend high balls against most attacking sides. 60 tries from 100 games. 60% strike rate.

Purely on numbers I take him over Mansour at 6 foot and 104 games for 53 tries. 51% strike rate.
Mate i agree. Would love to see him in the blue and white and so would the extended family

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

I like him to, but we are about to get rid of one overpaid winger winth dud knees, we dont need another

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
I like him to, but we are about to get rid of one overpaid winger winth dud knees, we dont need another
And he also wants to play in the 2nd row not wing and thats where he is headed. We dont need that. Mind you i do rate him as a player just not what we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.