Sneak peak of the new game plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The attacking game will not happen while ever Mbye is in the halves. He lacks the creative instincts that good players have. His best asset is his speed.
That speed would be better utilised in the centres. I would like to see.
1) Abbey
4) Mbye
6) Reynolds
7) Cleeland
9) Woolford.
Pretty much agree - the guy is a ball runner with blistering pace and a wicked step off his left - he would also cut opposition to shreds from fullback.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I liked the two clowns trying to change the truck tyre

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Please, please can we have this ALL year..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Kasiano looks the fittest he has ever been, let's hope he's given up Smoking as well !
He does look good in that photo. Smoking is the real killer, last forward I can remember that could play decent footy and still smoke was Jason Smith ( and I am only talking tobacco here)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...n/news-story/0d06745c9b94a3841bf205d08afe858e

JASON Smith is the last of the old-school rugby league players with a lifestyle that goes against every rule in professional sport.

But while medical experts would tell you a player cannot compete at his best while smoking a packet of cigarettes a day and drinking a carton of beer each week, this 35-year-old Cowboys legend is living proof anything is possible.

On Sunday afternoon in Townsville, the National Rugby League's oldest and most politically incorrect player will step out for his 210th first-grade game knowing he is just 160 minutes from a grand final.

"He is, in the nicest possible way, a throw-back to the old days," Cowboys boss Peter Parr said. "When he retires, that's it. The last of them.

"When he first came here we went to the leagues club but hardly saw him. The new smoking restrictions had just come in and he was outside all the time.

"When he has a beer, Jason generally has a smoke. He always has one after the game. But having said that, he is 35 but never shirked training."

Smith was at his creative best against the Bulldogs last weekend and will be a key player against the Warriors.

Victory will pit North Queensland against Manly the following week at the Sydney Football Stadium, with the winner into the grand final.

"Jason still enjoys a smoke and the occasional beer," North Queensland coach Graham Murray admitted last night. "Jason is good company, he's always got a story to tell. The stories aren't always about football, it can be about life in general," coach Murray added.

"He probably is (the last of a generation) - and the game will miss him."

Smith returned to the NRL and played with Canberra last year after a stint with English club Hull before joining North Queensland this season.

He will retire whenever the Cowboys have played their final game in 2007.

"In Canberra they called him 'The King' and deservedly so. The bloke is a legend," said Matt Elliott, who coached the Raiders last year.

"I have never had a conversation about football without his name coming up. All the stuff about drinking and smoking is right. But people shouldn't forget how hard he trains and how committed he is to his teammates.

"When he's out having a beer, Jason never causes any trouble and never upsets anyone. He's just a good fellow."

Cowboys assistant coach Ian Millward recalled the night he was one player short before a trial match in Mackay this year.

"I only counted 16 players," Millward said. "I couldn't work out who was missing and then Jason appeared from an old tin toilet block stinking of smoke."

Millward said he often only needed to follow his nose to find Smith after a game. Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes labels Smith a marvel.

"He's 35, eh? The fountain of youth," Folkes said. "He is still capable of the big plays."

The Dally M Medal winner, Cowboys halfback Johnathan Thurston, was only seven when Smith made his grade debut for Canterbury against Cronulla at Caltex Field in 1990.

He has since gone on to play for Parramatta and the Raiders, along with 16 Tests for Australia.

Smith said he would consider coaching after his playing career, perhaps starting in the bush before seeking a job with an NRL club.

Malpass

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I honestly don't think moses has re-signed to play centre or FB. I agree with what sterlo and joey johns said last year he needs to get the ball straight away from the dummy half especially in the opposition 20 instead of 2nd receiver which reduces his time with the ball.By the time the ball get from graham or tolman to him the opposition are up in our faces.

Has anyone seen JT receive the ball as a 2nd receiver inside the 20 , he gets the ball straight away which gives him more time to assess whats in front of him. sometimes they mix it up when Coote or Morgan get the ball first .

It doesn't matter who plays half if we don't change our attack we are going to have a shit season.....

Bulldogs1974

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
To me it looks like the ball from dummy half was forward and the first receiver (tolam) was standing flat footed. So to me nothing has changed :p

Welcome back to 2013-2016 again haha :p
As if they do much of ballwork before xmas

Bulldogs1974

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He does look good in that photo. Smoking is the real killer, last forward I can remember that could play decent footy and still smoke was Jason Smith ( and I am only talking tobacco here)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...n/news-story/0d06745c9b94a3841bf205d08afe858e

JASON Smith is the last of the old-school rugby league players with a lifestyle that goes against every rule in professional sport.

But while medical experts would tell you a player cannot compete at his best while smoking a packet of cigarettes a day and drinking a carton of beer each week, this 35-year-old Cowboys legend is living proof anything is possible.

On Sunday afternoon in Townsville, the National Rugby League's oldest and most politically incorrect player will step out for his 210th first-grade game knowing he is just 160 minutes from a grand final.

"He is, in the nicest possible way, a throw-back to the old days," Cowboys boss Peter Parr said. "When he retires, that's it. The last of them.

"When he first came here we went to the leagues club but hardly saw him. The new smoking restrictions had just come in and he was outside all the time.

"When he has a beer, Jason generally has a smoke. He always has one after the game. But having said that, he is 35 but never shirked training."

Smith was at his creative best against the Bulldogs last weekend and will be a key player against the Warriors.

Victory will pit North Queensland against Manly the following week at the Sydney Football Stadium, with the winner into the grand final.

"Jason still enjoys a smoke and the occasional beer," North Queensland coach Graham Murray admitted last night. "Jason is good company, he's always got a story to tell. The stories aren't always about football, it can be about life in general," coach Murray added.

"He probably is (the last of a generation) - and the game will miss him."

Smith returned to the NRL and played with Canberra last year after a stint with English club Hull before joining North Queensland this season.

He will retire whenever the Cowboys have played their final game in 2007.

"In Canberra they called him 'The King' and deservedly so. The bloke is a legend," said Matt Elliott, who coached the Raiders last year.

"I have never had a conversation about football without his name coming up. All the stuff about drinking and smoking is right. But people shouldn't forget how hard he trains and how committed he is to his teammates.

"When he's out having a beer, Jason never causes any trouble and never upsets anyone. He's just a good fellow."

Cowboys assistant coach Ian Millward recalled the night he was one player short before a trial match in Mackay this year.

"I only counted 16 players," Millward said. "I couldn't work out who was missing and then Jason appeared from an old tin toilet block stinking of smoke."

Millward said he often only needed to follow his nose to find Smith after a game. Bulldogs coach Steve Folkes labels Smith a marvel.

"He's 35, eh? The fountain of youth," Folkes said. "He is still capable of the big plays."

The Dally M Medal winner, Cowboys halfback Johnathan Thurston, was only seven when Smith made his grade debut for Canterbury against Cronulla at Caltex Field in 1990.

He has since gone on to play for Parramatta and the Raiders, along with 16 Tests for Australia.

Smith said he would consider coaching after his playing career, perhaps starting in the bush before seeking a job with an NRL club.
I saw chicka ferguson smoking once on the hill during a 7 's tournament and then he will kill it in the games
We never got to know his true age

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
We will only have 2 extra passes in every set, great plan lol

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just seen a cockroach escape from my cat going nuts on it. The cockroach had more attacking skills then josh Reynolds Moses mbye Michael lichaa and des Hasler all put together

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What's even more important than which players make up our spine is whether Des allows the halves to be first receivers.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Terry Lamb said something like: It's not fitness that win games, but how fit you are between the ears. Every team has solid workouts and fitness sessions. We need someone who can think on the field and direct play. Brawn alone has worked wonder for us these past few years, hasn't it?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I saw chicka ferguson smoking once on the hill during a 7 's tournament and then he will kill it in the games
We never got to know his true age
Completely forgot about him. One of the best in the game and from memory I read somewhere that he was close to forty years of age when he gave the game away. According to Wiki he is 62 years of age having finished at Canberra in 1990.

Bulldogjem

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Spoke to a high profile player today and he said the game plan for next year will be to play with what's infront of them and no more structured football

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoke to a high profile player today and he said the game plan for next year will be to play with what's infront of them and no more structured football
Doesn't matter even if they do that
We will have a diabolical year
Our squad is way too used to this style

We need an injection of youth and changing of positions big time

Tolman being resigned was a terrible sign

Bloke is the worst prop in the comp

Status
Not open for further replies.