Opinion Skelton

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We better make a move on him soon. Gagai just knocked back the Roosters and they are cashed up and in the hunt for a few decent backs.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I just seen this bloke ran 300 metres in NSW cup, every time i see the cup, hes huge for us on a wing, is his defence that bad he doesnt deserve a shot? I know we are stacked currently for wingers but this guy is damaging, feels wrong him still being in cup
He is lazy in defence.
Has concentration issues and drops balls.
His run meters wouldn't be that good at nrl level against nrl players who actually can tackle.
I agree, he is too good for nsw cup.
But he isn't good enough for nrl.
Not right at the moment.
Cc knows this, and is working on him to get there
He will see nrl when the time is right

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Skelton could be our "Brian To'o" style winger making 200 metres per game, and would be even harder than To'o to stop close to the tryline

He really is becoming too good for NSW Cup and I hope he stays with us and gets his chance

Addo Carr is now 28?? and he is starting to lose pace each year, and with all due respect, without his pace he doesn't have much else.

JAC at the moment is a luxury at the end of a good backline, but with Skelton you get a real asset to the team in go forward. I don't know if all the talk about his defence is true, but surely he can be coached to become a solid defender

I think a big decision will be coming up whether to re-sign JAC, or not re-sign him and open the spot up for Skelton
Sell JAC and keep Skelton. If defence is Skelton's weakness he cannot be worse than JAC. With JAC gone we don't need to put up with his whiney grimaces and feigned injury every time he touches the ball or misses a tackle.

The DoggFather

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He is lazy in defence.
Has concentration issues and drops balls.
His run meters wouldn't be that good at nrl level against nrl players who actually can tackle.
I agree, he is too good for nsw cup.
But he isn't good enough for nrl.
Not right at the moment.
Cc knows this, and is working on him to get there
He will see nrl when the time is right
Vs Brisbane 2023 (Runners up)

21 runs
181m
2 tackle busts
2/2 tackles

Vs Penrith 2023 (3peat Premiers)

22 runs
197m
1 try
1 line break
9 tackle busts
5/6 tackles

Not bad run metres against the Grand Final teams...