Opinion Skelton

Juniorluke

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm sick of this mythical bad defence bullshit.

Would love to know how many actually watch his games and not just repeat bullshit that some moron said like a parrot.

Because JAC and Wilson are such great defenders.....
Hi I watch every game. He is a very solid player. Still learning the game so defensive reads can be poor but then again so has our entire squad for the last decade.
hands also let him down during games.
I think he is more than capable though

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hi I watch every game. He is a very solid player. Still learning the game so defensive reads can be poor but then again so has our entire squad for the last decade.
hands also let him down during games.
I think he is more than capable though
The way some talk is like he lets in 5 tries a game.

My point is his defense isn't bad compared to JAC and Wilson.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He just needs the cons coached out of him because he he's a powerful unit.

the12thman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I would be very annoyed if he goes to another club. He has a big future in NRL

I love Fox but we really don't need him.

Skelton, Xerri and Eli Clark can all do a job for us on much lower contracts.

Sent from my SM-A736B using Tapatalk

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Worried Eels might pick him up. We really should be revisiting that player swap with JAC for Matterson again this off season or maybe before Aug 1
problem is gus doesn't want to let the fox go so its looking more likely skelton may end up elsewhere after this season

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made this thread as id love to see skelton given a go but alot of people here are criticising the fox, thats ridiculous, hes been injured near all season, when fit and playing, that guy is the best winger in the game, deffo the most dangerous with his speed. This is very similar to the people who slated kikau when he wasnt fit, and look at him now. Fox is the exact same, hes an elite winger, lets not forget that because hes had shit luck to start with injuries. If we get into any open space this week, I certainly know who id want getting the ball and backing him to run 90, the fox.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I made this thread as id love to see skelton given a go but alot of people here are criticising the fox, thats ridiculous, hes been injured near all season, when fit and playing, that guy is the best winger in the game, deffo the most dangerous with his speed. This is very similar to the people who slated kikau when he wasnt fit, and look at him now. Fox is the exact same, hes an elite winger, lets not forget that because hes had shit luck to start with injuries. If we get into any open space this week, I certainly know who id want getting the ball and backing him to run 90, the fox.
Most people are fans of Fox and love seeing him at his best. It's nothing against Fox himself.. But he's expendable due to our depth in the backline and the fact that unlike most other players we could move on, other clubs would gladly take him and give us a quality forward that we badly need in return to get better balance across the squad. Not to mention Fox has missed a decent amount of games since he joined the club, so the question is worth asking and a player swap may be worth pursuing..

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most people are fans of Fox and love seeing him at his best. It's nothing against Fox himself.. But he's expendable due to our depth in the backline and the fact that unlike most other players we could move on, other clubs would gladly take him and give us a quality forward that we badly need in return to get better balance across the squad. Not to mention Fox has missed a decent amount of games since he joined the club, so the question is worth asking and a player swap may be worth pursuing..
sadly a swap won't happen unless he wanted out which doesn't seem to be the case atm

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Short memories haha. In a struggling team Fox is still good for 20 tries a season

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
sadly a swap won't happen unless he wanted out which doesn't seem to be the case atm
It depends on the club he was going to I guess. It's unlikely to happen but it helps solve a backline logjam for us and could help another club with backline issues that has too many forwards..

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe even play him off the bench as a forward, as are light upfront especially with all the injury’s
Would be good to see Skelton get a few games in the forwards in NSW Cup to see if he can be a genuine bench utility option for NRL. He can run like a good lock or edge forward but can he defend there?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Short memories haha. In a struggling team Fox is still good for 20 tries a season
But he has been getting injured a fair amount this past few years. He has very suspect defence as well.

If you want to compete for a title, you can’t have Fox on that type of money.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But he has been getting injured a fair amount this past few years. He has very suspect defence as well.

If you want to compete for a title, you can’t have Fox on that type of money.
If rumours are to be believed and Fox is on $500k, it’s a steal. He’s a proven winner and game breaker. I know who I’d have more faith in to win us a semi or final with a freakish play between a $250k Wilson or Skelton or a $500k Fox

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How has this bloke not played more games when we have struggled with yardage the entire time he has been here… he must be halfway towards the lazy crew, only thing I can think of

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Worried Eels might pick him up. We really should be revisiting that player swap with JAC for Matterson again this off season or maybe before Aug 1
Would love Matterson.
Yes he's a mercenary, but with our style of play with more mobile middles. Curran, Matterson, King, Mann in the middle would be pretty good.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would be good to see Skelton get a few games in the forwards in NSW Cup to see if he can be a genuine bench utility option for NRL. He can run like a good lock or edge forward but can he defend there?
Agree, if he could get some game time in the backrow in NSW Cup and adapts to it, he would be the perfect attacking weapon to come off the bench and would also cover any injury in the backs (which is happening nearly every week)

I'd prefer to see him get a spot on the wing cause his yardage would add so much go forward to our team and near the tryline he is nearly unstoppable. He has alot of untapped potential that I hope we get to see at the Bulldogs